Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

1st time submitter blues14897

Collector jhrey66 private msg quote post Address this user
Old to the Hobby, New to the getting books Graded thing. I Sent my 1st box of 25 modern books in to CBCS and they arrived according to USPS on May 27th..they still havent informed me that they have "received" my order. Customer Service gave me a blanket "we are currently experiencing a high volume of submissions and we are working to catch up" ok I get it, but almost two weeks to "acknowledge" you got my books seems excessive, I'm not worried about turnaround times at this point, just they got my order. anyone else experiencing this?
I choose CBCS purposely to avoid the all the similar issues I've heard with CGC, is this just the inevitability?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@jhrey66 Unfortunately yes, the grading craze just keeps getting well crazier lol. Im sure all is well with your order since you're not the fist poster I have seen that has had some issues. Welcome to the party!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
LMAO! Welcome to the grading world. I have books delivered to the other guys that have been there since 4/27 and still haven't been acknowledged yet.

I have 2 more submissions packages ready, 1 for CBCS and 1 for CGC. I'm holding at this point as the TAT's are insane, even with the fast track that I paid for on every book I could.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
I have two separate submission in:

One was received on Feb 5th, and it is still in the "Grading" stage

The second was on March 30th, and is still in the "Received" stage
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gwen Stefani was right this S*** is bananas....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
My last sub was not updated on the dashboard until it moved to grading. Dashboard showed received to grading within a day or 2.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@jhrey66 Hello! As long as usps shows delivered it should be fine. I'm currently in the same boat, but I've submitted many times before. So I check my spam inbox now and then for updates if any or from the cbcs dashboard. I then sit back and prepare my next submission, work on stuff and know that I'm getting my books in a month and a half-two(I use fast press/pass) or more.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
In the past my orders have always been "Received" within one week of delivery.

Right now I'm in the same boat as you, almost 3 weeks and no word.

What I find silly is that all the grading companies start counting their TAT's at the time they open the box. As though the time (3 weeks, a month, whatever) spent sitting in their receiving room doesn't count.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid

What I find silly is that all the grading companies start counting their TAT's at the time they open the box. As though the time (3 weeks, a month, whatever) spent sitting in their receiving room doesn't count.

The last part is not true for CBCS. Your TAT starts the business day after your books are physically delivered.

CBCS has an internal network that knows where your books are every second. For security purposes, the dashboard is not connected to this system and some of the info for the dashboard has to be manually entered. Right now, they are 4 to 5 weeks behind on that data entry.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
Like everyone says if you know your books have arrived via your chosen postal company, then rest assured they will be there and safe and it may take some time. But I and I’m sure everyone else fully understands your anxiety it’s the same for us all 😂.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Ironwill75 mega anxiety lol Because the long wait time landed here I cant be mad at CGC anymore lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215
😂 I’m sure there something you can be mad at them for 😜
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid

The last part is not true for CBCS. Your TAT starts the business day after your books are physically delivered.

CBCS has an internal network that knows where your books are every second. For security purposes, the dashboard is not connected to this system and some of the info for the dashboard has to be manually entered. Right now, they are 4 to 5 weeks behind on that data entry.

It's not true of cgc either. Your turnaround time now starts from the day your books are received, at least according to a bunch of people who know more than I do.

I also find it very strange that people say they are going to hold off on submitting books until the turnaround times are lower. Meanwhile, if you would just submit the books now you would have come back before the time comes that you decide to wait to. It's just very strange logic to me

It's funny that so many people crap all over cgc and their turnaround times when they do, at least from what I understand from various sources, 90% of the grading industry. Now that things are picking up at cbcs, the turnaround times are naturally getting longer yet nobody craps all over the company they just accept it as one of those things. Just goes to show people will defend what they love regardless of the reality. :-)

The bigger question is will this busyness stay, or now that the pandemic hopefully coming to an end do things go back to how they used to be? That's the one nobody knows I guess.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Ironwill75 Probably lol! I was billed for CCS so now that that's gone through I'm having a hard time being disappointed. Now I just need three 9.8's hahahaa
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@Ironwill75 Probably lol! I was billed for CCS so now that that's gone through I'm having a hard time being disappointed. Now I just need three 9.8's hahahaa

Good luck 🤞, I’ve got 30 books in at the minute some high grades would be nice always interesting and exciting seeing the results , first time I’ve had anything pressed too 😬
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Ironwill75 They did an amazing job pressing my Thor 337 so that's why I jumped right on them. Still hoping for high grades from CBCs also. I suppose it's okay to dabble in both companies?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
be glad you are not subbing toys to AFA
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector jhrey66 private msg quote post Address this user
Appreciate the comments all, I feel much better after your responses, thank you!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
I have at least 20 books that need to be sent in but I like to look at them and don’t want them gone for 6 months.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The best hey is get them on now before the market takes off even further and sets turn around times into the atmosphere.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I have never sent a comic book in to be graded, but have always wanted to. I hear these stories about ungodly wait times and it scares me. I do not like my comics being out of reach for a long period. Until things get speedier I will just buy already graded copies from eBay or other sites.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrey66
but almost two weeks to "acknowledge" you got my books seems excessive, I'm not worried about turnaround times at this point, just they got my order. anyone else experiencing this?

Steve had a "Help Me Help You" post a week or so back, and this was one thing that was brought up; have one extra step that just says RECEIVED prior to PROCESSING. If that meant I had to put the Invoice # on the box, I'd be happy to.

But I agree; the waiting period between when your mailing service says "delivered" and the invoice goes to "processing" is worse than the actual TAT.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Although it's been written before, I'll mention again - I simply submit books every single month. And then the angst of TAT no longer exists because eventually one begins to receive books every month.

For me, it is, and will always remain, about the quality of the delivered product. And after a few years now I have never ever had a problem with damage or quality and have only disagreed once on grade. Quality, quality, quality is of utmost importance and historically speaking for myself; these guys have been great.
CGC - ugh - don't get me going there. I won't be able to stop. Particularly on Moderns. What a sham
Post 23 IP   flag post
600829 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?