Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Help with new eBay payments received14869

Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

My first auction closed today since eBay has switched over to the direct deposit method for sellers. I received an email from eBay stating my buyer had paid, however, there is no way for me to verify this. Do I take eBay’s word and ship now or wait for the funds to appear in my account. Thanks in advance for any help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Ship when they tell you it's paid.

If you go in to your account and "payments" (https://ppcapp.ebay.com/myppc/wallet/list) it'll show money processing, on-hold, etc...

It usually takes a day or two for them to tell you they are sending your payout, then depending on your bank it may be another day until it shows up in your account.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You have to wait until ebay pays. I think there are 2 options for ebay payments. 1 of the options is 1 time payment a week.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I hate this new eBay managed payments system, paying with PayPal was soooo much easier.
However once the buyer had paid eBay, the email that you get from them should also say that you can now send the item. This has happened to me several times and I have posted the comics. It then takes 2/3 days for the amount, less fees to show in your designated account. Your eBay overview page should show you the progress.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I kinda like the program. I like that they take out the fees and don't charge you later for them. That to me is so much better since I don't need to keep track of how much I owe them later. I have one person doing a refund and them freezing your assets isn't cool though. Although I don't recall what happened prior to managed payments.....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks @xvipah @Bronte @no1lufcfan

EBay shows funds as “processing” I currently have my auctions listed as pack and ship within one day. Will this hurt my account? Should I change my handling time to give eBay time to pay? Do any of you use your main bank account for payments or is it better to open a new bank account just for eBay?
Post 6 IP   flag post
As I mentioned they have ability to freeze assets. If it's not too much trouble I'd have it on a separate account. That's how mine is.

I would put it back to default 3 day. If you get it out early then you look even better. But I do mostly buy it now and select the must pay immediately. I got sick of waiting for people to decide to pay.
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
By all means, open a separate account.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I really like the program. Like @Bronte said, you end up owing a lot less in fees. If you were using Paypal before, you would owe Ebay their fee for selling. Then you would owe PayPal their fee for doing the payment. The only part that's a hassle for me is I still move everything over to my Paypal account to 1. use if for shipping costs and 2. keep it separate from my regular bank account money.
I have it set up where I get paid once a week. If you go to Payments in your Seller Hub, it will give you the status of your payment.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Thanks @xvipah @Bronte @no1lufcfan

EBay shows funds as “processing” I currently have my auctions listed as pack and ship within one day. Will this hurt my account? Should I change my handling time to give eBay time to pay? Do any of you use your main bank account for payments or is it better to open a new bank account just for eBay?

You don't wait to get paid. If you get the sold/paid email, you ship it. The money gets to you at some point, but I have never heard of someone shipping and then NOT getting the money. It's a leap of faith, I know, but it always works out. Just ship it as soon as you can, and definitely within your stated handling time. Don't change your handling time.

If you get the extra 10% off in fees because you are Top Rated Plus, don't mess that up. Ship it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I have a separate account. I had done that before anyway in case PayPal got compromised, but it works well for me.

And just ship it when they tell you it's paid. That's eBay telling you they've gotten the money and you're good to go. It just takes a couple of days for them to process it. I have my response time set to one day also, haven't had any issue in the 2+ months now I've been using the new system.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Personally, I really like the program. Like @Bronte said, you end up owing a lot less in fees. If you were using Paypal before, you would owe Ebay their fee for selling. Then you would owe PayPal their fee for doing the payment. The only part that's a hassle for me is I still move everything over to my Paypal account to 1. use if for shipping costs and 2. keep it separate from my regular bank account money.
I have it set up where I get paid once a week. If you go to Payments in your Seller Hub, it will give you the status of your payment.

You end up paying the same. Whatever eBay is saving from processing the payment themselves - they keep rather than sharing with seller. Only benefit (if you utilize) is they additional free listings provided
Post 12 IP   flag post
I see several ways to make payments, is a bank account the only way ebay will pay out?
Post 13 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
I see several ways to make payments, is a bank account the only way ebay will pay out?

To my knowledge, yes. Maybe someone else has more information on that.

The bright thing for them to do is to let you use the funds in your MP account to buy things on eBay. But they are too dumb to see it.

As it is now, if someone purchases something on eBay using any of the accepted payment methods, eBay will get charged a fee by those companies. EBay then passes that cost on to the seller in their FVF as part of the processing fee. But if eBay let people use their MP money to buy stuff, eBay would incur no fee to move it from the MP account to their own receiving account. No other company involved. Could be millions of dollars per year that they could keep. How they miss this, I don't know.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601204 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?