Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector xtraplayer private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased a graded book. The scan code states invalid, and i cannot find the book # code in the archives. Is it fake ??
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@xtraplayer please post a photo. Some of the older slabs aren't in the database.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@xtraplayer Photo may help and welcome to the forum
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Please don't take this the wrong way, but it's definitely CBCS, correct?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
you should be ok.
Someone will have the actual dates but since they didn't go live with the census from the start when they did finally get it up and running not all the data made it.

If it's a new book it could be a delay in updating the system - I've had my own books back in hand with no notes available - one of the moderators was able to work some magic and get them updated in a few days.
Post 5 IP   flag post
its number starts with 20 which i assume is the year graded. It is definitely CBCS. Ill try get a photo up.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Omega Men #3 9.2
20-317E8AE-001
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@xtraplayer I looked in the population report and I don't see it there either. Maybe because it's a 9.2 checkmark grade there is something weird going on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I picture of the label would really help. I know I have typed a lot of Bs as 8s and Es as 3s.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I picture of the label would really help. I know I have typed a lot of Bs as 8s and Es as 3s.

Here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184719499330?nma=true&si=mr8Tc1SkOt6ZkbOKsmfmnpIE22w%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The order wasn't completed in the system. I fixed it. You should be able to see the book info now.
Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Omega Men #3

DC6 1983

Variant: Direct Edition
Pedigree:

9.2*

Certified
White

Signees:

Notes:
spine stress breaks color
small moisture damage bottom edge front cover
Post 12 IP   flag post
Amazing Thank you guys !
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
This is why this company, forum, and group are amazing...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
It always amazes me that people would think a comic priced less than $100, graded 9.2 would be fake.

A) You'd lose money taking the time to fake it - like counterfeiting quarters.
B) It's a lot of work to try to fake it, and great risk.
C) Close to impossible to do it - swapping it with another comic without somehow disturbing the case, inner capsule, label, etc.????
D) If you are going to fake one, make it worthwhile, like a $5000 comic.
E) You'd want to use a 9.8 to start and put in a lesser grade to optimize theft value.
F) All that industry-standard tamper-evident technology gone to waste.
G-K) At least 5 more reasons I couldn't think of - fill in your own reasons that it's ridiculous.

I have seen over a hundred comics questioned as to being fake - never saw one proven or even likely.

But at the first sign of suspicion, confusion, or uncertainty.....IT MUST BE FAKE! (NOT)
Post 16 IP   flag post
600858 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?