Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just in:

The 25th Anniversary steelbook edition of ‘Men in Black’. I’ve seen glowing reviews for this transfer.
Post 201 IP   flag post
I’ve pumped the brakes a bit on comics to concentrate on upgrading my Man cave. It’s a particularly small space & I spent a couple weeks researching the right audio set-up for my new T.V.

I wanted the Sony HT-A7000 sound bar, but unfortunately even the HT-A5000 was way too large for my space.

Ended up ordering the HT-A3000 and SA-SW3 subwoofer. Simply because they’ll fit.

What’s cool is, the TV has an S-audio option that will also turn the TV’s built-in speakers into the center channel.

I’ll see how they sound and decide if I really need the rear speakers.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’ve pumped the brakes a bit on comics to concentrate on upgrading my Man cave. It’s a particularly small space & I spent a couple weeks researching the right audio set-up for my new T.V.

I wanted the Sony HT-A7000 sound bar, but unfortunately even the HT-A5000 was way too large for my space.

Ended up ordering the HT-A3000 and SA-SW3 subwoofer. Simply because they’ll fit.

What’s cool is, the TV has an S-audio option that will also turn the TV’s built-in speakers into the center channel.

I’ll see how they sound and decide if I really need the rear speakers.

A quick review of this set-up if anyone is interested:

I was initially not impressed. But I realized I wasn’t watching Atmos or DTS X supported content. Just cable & Netflix in standard 5.1. Once I turned up the volume a bit higher than I typically did, the surround effect kicked in and it sounded richer. But it was when I put in a 4K Atmos supported movie, that it sounded great.

As most reviews suggested, I turned up the subwoofer a little over what the digital optimizer suggested and it made a big difference.

I will be adding rear speakers eventually. And if you’re considering a Sony sound bar, I would certainly go with the bigger model for the up-firing speakers if possible (the HT- A5000, or better yet, HT-A7000). But for its size, the 3000 isn’t a bad choice.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Serial lobby cards...

Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Nice one sheet, for all Psycho lovers!

Post 205 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Two pick-ups on Friday. I don’t not ally go out for 4Ks specifically but in this case Best Buy had Encanto for the same price on 4K than they did for standard Blu Ray and Last Duel was $2 more and was available at the store on my way home from work

There’s a bunch of a great blu ray deals right now and I hope they last until my next paycheck (Black Friday) so I can pick them up

Post 206 IP   flag post
Mack Sennett comedy scenes from the Sennett movie shorts, circa 1920. These were called "penny cards."

Post 207 IP   flag post
The $10 pickups continue! I’m not a fan of Leto nor have I heard good things about Morbius but I have a compulsion to get all these superhero movies on disc.

Post 208 IP   flag post
A few more discount pickups!

Post 209 IP   flag post
A favorite of many!

Post 210 IP   flag post
A lot of 4k upgrades. A few blu-rays & DVDs that were just too cheap to pass up. Most were Black Friday deals in the $8-$12 range.

Just a heads up, I’ve also discovered gruv.com recently, where Universal Studios seems to dump their overstock at a discount. If you combine their sales with a discount code, you can get stuff for half retail.

SIGNUP20 gets you 20% off your first order. And if you don’t mind waiting, you can also get free shipping in the U.S.
Post 211 IP   flag post

Just came in today! I got Discovery season 4 a few weeks back but I still need to watch that. I did start Prodigy today and the first episode was a lot of fun. It had more of a Star Wars feel with its focus on adventure and since it’s not approaching things from a strictly Starfleet direction. I’m excited to see where it goes and I can see it being a fun show to watch with younger kids to ease them into Star Trek

Post 212 IP   flag post
Man Cave upgrade!

Theatre seats! Good bye 15+ year old loveseat.

I also got the basic rear speakers for my surround sound mounted. They’re in temporary locations for now. They’ll be mounted properly (hopefully) tomorrow!

Post 213 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Very very cool!!!
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I was a little late but I finally picked it up! Watching it as I speak! As delightfully silly as I remember!

For everyone that was curious about checking out this movie, it is currently free (with ads) on Youtube

Post 215 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know if I ever posted this or not. It's on the wall in my study. We're about to start remodeling the room so I took one last pic before I take it down and start construction.

Post 216 IP   flag post
These just in. They’re on clearance at BestBuy.com for $14.99 each, by the way.

Post 217 IP   flag post
@00slim Not Steebook but Amazon has the Frankenstein/Dracula/Wolfman/Invisible Man boxed set for $49

And the Mummy/Bride of Frankenstein/Phantom of the Opera/Creature from the Black Lagoon for $55

Post 218 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Not bad at all. I’m kinda waiting to see if we get the 30 film set in 4k. Of course, if ‘Creature’ gets a solo release. I’ll be all over it.
Post 219 IP   flag post
@00slim Yeah, I still need to get the old 30 film blu ray release before I start upgrading to 4Ks
Post 220 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Some of the less mainstream installments have more hissing and popping on the audio in the set, but given the age of the negatives, I’m sure that’s to be expected. It would be nice to get 4k scans for the sake of preservation.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Yeah, I’d imagine that beyond the more iconic movies, the rest aren’t going to get a full on restoration but a 4k scan isn’t out of the question

I’m still hoping Star Trek DS9 and Voyager get remastered but I think Paramount’s just happy re-releasing the dvds
Post 222 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite From what I’ve heard, TNG did not sell particularly well on blu-ray. Our chances of “Deep Space 9” & “Voyager” on blu-ray, is (unfortunately) very slim.
Post 223 IP   flag post
@00slim Yeah, I’m aware
Post 224 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
DS9 really deserves a BluRay release, but I have to think it would be hideously expensive to produce.
Post 225 IP   flag post
I’m an unapologetic fan of “Voyager”. Mostly because it’s the first “Trek” show I watched from beginning to end, as it aired.

TNG is the gold standard & one of my favorite shows of all time. But I caught that in reruns.

I’ve heard great things about DS9. I do need to give it a watch.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Universal Monsters Complete 30 Film Collection on blu-ray is on sale at GRUV.com for $89.99.

It’s Universal’s outlet site, so, it’s legit.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 228 IP   flag post

New arrival! I still need to watch Discovery season 4 but I’ve been wanting to watch this series since discovery season 2! I also just put in my pre-order for Lower Decks season 3, which comes out next month! I still need the blu rays of the director’s cuts of TMP and TWofK
Post 229 IP   flag post
The 2-disc 4k Special Edition of ‘Police Story 3: Super Cop’ has finally arrived after a couple delays from Amazon.

Probably more than I need, but it’s cool.

The original ’Police Story’ is my favorite, but this one is a lot of fun.

Post 230 IP   flag post
600750 308 30