Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Finally picked this up. I’d enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express and I’d been looking forward to watching the sequel. I’m glad to hear they’re working on a third film. It’s nice to sit with a movie that isn’t a bombastic CGI fest. Also, I loved the remix they used for the trailer

Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently, Criterion has acquired the licensing for Disney movies. Their first release will be ‘Wall-E’.

I’m far more interested to see what they release in the future.
Post 177 IP   flag post
That’s awesome! I kind of feel like Disney was a little more committed to their physical media releases at the start of the DVD era and early into blu ray. Maybe not as critically as a Criterion release but some releases did seem more geared towards serious collectors with less focus on bright colorful characters and packed with bonus material than their current releases which are more targeted towards children and often lack even bonus features from previous releases

Post 178 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I had my eyes on that ‘Ultimate Groove’ release for the longest time.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Given how Disney/Marvel is so resistant to physical releases of its streaming shows, going back to the Netflix shows, I really appreciate that Paramount continues to release their Star Trek shows on blu ray.

Some new listings have gone up for pre-order that I’ve jumped on

On top of that, I also ordered the Star Trek Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan Director’s Cut blu rays

Post 180 IP   flag post

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
My wife and I are big fans of physical media (we need to get to Ikea for a couple book cases to organize and store DVDs and related media, but with supply chain issues combined with our schedules we mostly have a large mess).

We bought this back when it came out, just for the packaging. Obviously never opened, but with the news of scenes being re-edited, it's more than just a cute collectible now.

Here's some good stuff, though.

This is my original VHS copy of Star Wars; I nagged my mom to take me to see it 11 times before 1980. Not bad, considering I was not quite three when it released in '77. It's flanked by the most recent versions of 4K77 and 4K83, which are extremely worthwhile if you want the closest possible experience to the originals.

Speaking of bootlegs, these are my wife's circa 2000-2001 DVD copies of the original 1989-1990 laserdiscs.

We have some other copies on VHS as well.

And a shelf of discs, too.

Post 181 IP   flag post
Here's a couple for you comics fans.

Post 182 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
similar logo colouring.

Post 183 IP   flag post
@GAC Since Taika Waititi took over the MCU Thor, they have really leaned into an 80s aesthetic.
Post 184 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 without a doubt!
Post 185 IP   flag post
Here's some more good stuff.

Mignola signed Hellboy disc cases.

Steranko signed Raiders of the Lost Ark.

And I recently got Ben Collins to sign my Ford vs. Ferrari.

Post 186 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my favorite movie posters..

And a Signed picture of one of my favorite westerns

Post 187 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's Another of my favorites

Post 188 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a bunch of movie posters from the theaters. Civil War, Ragnarok, etc. not all Marvel movies, if anyone wants to buy some lmk. They’re taking up space.
Post 189 IP   flag post
This arrived on Friday. Honestly, I had forgotten I had pre-ordered it. Especially since I already had the two-part blu-ray release. But like the ‘Dark Knight Returns’ adaptation, I much prefer it all in a single volume.

Post 190 IP   flag post
@00slim I’ll definitely be picking the blu ray to go along with my DKR and Death & Return of Superman blu rays!
Post 191 IP   flag post
Upgraded my Man Cave set-up from a 40” 1080p TV, to a 50” 4k TV with 120hz for gaming.

I have had a XBox series X for a year or more & probably have an hour on it tops. Maybe now that I can hook it up in here, I’ll actually get to play it. 👍🏼

I still have to upgrade my surround sound to really enjoy the new set-up to the full, but even going from 40” to 50” is going to make movies more immersive.

Post 192 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that is a Lotta dvds...
Post 193 IP   flag post
@Bronte Movies were my first love, now I’m torn between them & comics. 😆
Post 194 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You shoulda visited my brother when he eas in New York. He was a camera guy and worked on a few films and TV shows. The joker is prolly best known movie. And defenders / Luke cage for TV

He even had beads from the pearl necklace from the joker movie
Post 195 IP   flag post
@Bronte Thats awesome.

I have a few props, but nothing like that.

A Graboid Bobehead & action figure from the unaired pilot to the “Tremors” TV reboot with Kevin Bacon.

A T-shirt from Chang’s gift shop from the “Tremors” (2003) TV show.

(I love the Tremors franchise, at least the first two movies).

A Batman bar stool from the set of the “Big Bang Theory”.

Unused “Joan Wilder” book jackets from ‘Romancing the Stone’ (1984).
Post 196 IP   flag post
My wife & I are both home sick with different ailments. Instead of a belated anniversary trip, we essentially have to isolate from one another. To lift my spirits a little, I made couple picks-ups in a recent Amazon sale.

I’ve wanted Blade Runner 2049 for a while but wanted a deal. And now with the 4k option in my Man Cave, there’s no way I was passing it up for $10.

The Scooby-Doo collection has been on my radar & getting the deluxe release for 1/3 the original retail price made it a no-brainer.

And upgrading ’Psycho’ 2-4 to blu-ray has been something I’ve wanted to do, but it was a very low priority. ‘Psycho II’ is a pretty good movie if you haven’t seen it. Part 3 is a bit too trashy. But part 4 (an origin story, that was originally a TV movie) is better than most make it out to be.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Hey guys, I upgraded to the 4k version of the same release. Anyone interested in this blu-ray?

It’s the two disc limited edition steelbook of the original RoboCop
from Arrow video.

I’d do a swap if anybody has something they have doubles of. Just throwing it out there.

Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I know there is a lot of VHS Collectors out there looking for HTF First Releases etc. Here is my small collection of sealed VHS movies I figured I'd share here with you guys.

Post 199 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 200 IP   flag post
Just in:

The 25th Anniversary steelbook edition of ‘Men in Black’. I’ve seen glowing reviews for this transfer.
Post 201 IP   flag post
I’ve pumped the brakes a bit on comics to concentrate on upgrading my Man cave. It’s a particularly small space & I spent a couple weeks researching the right audio set-up for my new T.V.

I wanted the Sony HT-A7000 sound bar, but unfortunately even the HT-A5000 was way too large for my space.

Ended up ordering the HT-A3000 and SA-SW3 subwoofer. Simply because they’ll fit.

What’s cool is, the TV has an S-audio option that will also turn the TV’s built-in speakers into the center channel.

I’ll see how they sound and decide if I really need the rear speakers.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’ve pumped the brakes a bit on comics to concentrate on upgrading my Man cave. It’s a particularly small space & I spent a couple weeks researching the right audio set-up for my new T.V.

I wanted the Sony HT-A7000 sound bar, but unfortunately even the HT-A5000 was way too large for my space.

Ended up ordering the HT-A3000 and SA-SW3 subwoofer. Simply because they’ll fit.

What’s cool is, the TV has an S-audio option that will also turn the TV’s built-in speakers into the center channel.

I’ll see how they sound and decide if I really need the rear speakers.

A quick review of this set-up if anyone is interested:

I was initially not impressed. But I realized I wasn’t watching Atmos or DTS X supported content. Just cable & Netflix in standard 5.1. Once I turned up the volume a bit higher than I typically did, the surround effect kicked in and it sounded richer. But it was when I put in a 4K Atmos supported movie, that it sounded great.

As most reviews suggested, I turned up the subwoofer a little over what the digital optimizer suggested and it made a big difference.

I will be adding rear speakers eventually. And if you’re considering a Sony sound bar, I would certainly go with the bigger model for the up-firing speakers if possible (the HT- A5000, or better yet, HT-A7000). But for its size, the 3000 isn’t a bad choice.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Serial lobby cards...

Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Nice one sheet, for all Psycho lovers!

Post 205 IP   flag post
601333 309 30