Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I collect NES, SNES, SEGA cartridges. I literally paid $240 for an empty f@&cking SNES box and my wife flipped on me because she couldn’t understand why. After much explaination (with a nice cooked dinner by moi, and wine) she finally understood. Most people looked at me as an idiot for paying that much more money for an empty box over the actual game.
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy lol what game? I’m not much of a retro game collector. Mostly just what I got while growing up and then going back for a few that catch my interest.

My current goal is to put together a complete copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn. Unfortunately a complete copy goes for like $1600+. I’m planning to put it together one $300 disc at at time 😅
Post 152 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
“EVO Search for Eden” published by Enix before they were gobbled up by Square. Enix and Square as separate entities were great. Together, not so much.
Post 153 IP   flag post
They’ve done plenty of good stuff since they’ve merged but a lot of Enix’ quirkier titles have been left by the wayside.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I got some movie posters and junk

Post 155 IP   flag post

Post 156 IP   flag post

Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This just in:

Post 158 IP   flag post
Damn, it’s already out? I’ll have to pick that up when I get paid on Friday
Post 159 IP   flag post
This update just arrived. I’ve heard good things about this transfer:

Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Another pic for the old time collectors. A relatively sexy WWII Disney poster.

Post 161 IP   flag post
This came in today! I’m so glad they finally released it on home video. When everyone is trying to launch a streaming service home video releases of their original programming can get hard to come by so I was worried The Boys just would never get one. I almost just went with a bootleg lol Hopefully they do annual releases for the subsequent seasons instead of waiting to do a multi-season collection.

Now if Amazon would release seasons 5 & 6 of the Expanse I’d be set

On a related note, when the hell is that Omnibus going to be released? Earlier announcements had volume 3 releasing this month but vol 1 doesn’t even have a solid release date

Post 162 IP   flag post

Just a few new pick ups on sale!
Post 163 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I love ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’. I seriously considered the 4k steelbook, but I’ll probably go with the standard release eventually.
Post 164 IP   flag post
lol yeah, it was sitting in my cart for years but it was only $6 and I was grabbing the other two so I finally pulled the trigger on it
Post 165 IP   flag post
Just caved and double dipped.

4k limited edition steelbook after picking up the blu-ray a few months ago.

Post 166 IP   flag post
I haven’t invested too much into 4k. I do have a 4K tv but it’s an earlier model so doesn’t support the newer features like HDR 😕
Post 167 IP   flag post
I only have a real basic 4k set-up.

4k early HDR 65” & an XBox series X. I really just got this for later.

Friends were moving and offered the TV to me for cheap. Otherwise, I’d still have my 60” 1080p TV.
Post 168 IP   flag post
I’m one of the few that actually enjoys 3D movies. When I thought I’d be moving, I’d found one of the few 4K tvs with passive 3D and Dolby Vision. Unfortunately the day before I was to buy it from the guy, I cut my thumb open in the kitchen and the tv money suddenly became my thumb stitches money
Post 169 IP   flag post
I’d been rewatching a lot of Tolkien lore videos and it got me in the mood to revisit the movies. I decided it would be interesting to check out one of the fan edits that condenses the trilogy into one four-hour movie

Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this when it was brand new. Loved it then and still think it is great. Original one sheet poster.

Post 171 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
buy digital movies on vudu. between last week and this week. Bought Final Space complete series (3 seasons) (how come this is the first time Ive watched this awesome show)
Post 172 IP   flag post
Finally caved and upgraded to the Blu-Ray/4k steelbook after one of my favorite YouTube channels, Redu Letter Media, did a retrospective on Roger Rabbit.

Post 173 IP   flag post
Two new releases today! I rarely buy movies day 1 but I’ve been dying to watch Lower Decks season two but refuse to pay for another streaming service.

I’ve actually only seen season 1 of Castlevania but I’m a big fan of the original games the series is based on. As a matter of fact, this happened to arrive today as well!

This is the collector’s edition of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection by Limited Run Games. I pre-ordered this over a year ago and they were finally able to deliver it!
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
This is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
Saw this when it was brand new. Loved it then and still think it is great. Original one sheet poster.

Post 175 IP   flag post
Finally picked this up. I’d enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express and I’d been looking forward to watching the sequel. I’m glad to hear they’re working on a third film. It’s nice to sit with a movie that isn’t a bombastic CGI fest. Also, I loved the remix they used for the trailer

Post 176 IP   flag post
Apparently, Criterion has acquired the licensing for Disney movies. Their first release will be ‘Wall-E’.

I’m far more interested to see what they release in the future.
Post 177 IP   flag post
That’s awesome! I kind of feel like Disney was a little more committed to their physical media releases at the start of the DVD era and early into blu ray. Maybe not as critically as a Criterion release but some releases did seem more geared towards serious collectors with less focus on bright colorful characters and packed with bonus material than their current releases which are more targeted towards children and often lack even bonus features from previous releases

Post 178 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I had my eyes on that ‘Ultimate Groove’ release for the longest time.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Given how Disney/Marvel is so resistant to physical releases of its streaming shows, going back to the Netflix shows, I really appreciate that Paramount continues to release their Star Trek shows on blu ray.

Some new listings have gone up for pre-order that I’ve jumped on

On top of that, I also ordered the Star Trek Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan Director’s Cut blu rays

Post 180 IP   flag post
597876 303 30