Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, it’s not a movie, but here’s a physical media purchase that just came in. Maybe this qualifies und the “and more!” Part of the thread’s title?

Post 101 IP   flag post
Here’s a fun one. I ordered this fan edit that incorporates the original Halloween (1978) & Halloween II (1980) as one continuous movie. It also includes 20 minutes of deleted scenes. I’m looking forward to checking this out.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim that sounds awesome!!!
Post 103 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim That’s super cool! It kind of reminds me of these Godfather releases that re-edit the movies, plus lots of deleted scenes into one long movie in chronological order. The Complete Epic compiles the first two movies and the Trilogy compiles the three films. These were only released on VHS but someone somewhere must have converted them into dvd format for posterity

EDIT: Looks like there is a blu tay fan release of the Complete Epic ripped from an HBO broadcast but the Trilogy release only as a VHS rip floating around the internet

Post 104 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I always wondered why “The Complete Epic” was never included as a bonus feature on the DVD/Blu-Ray sets.

I’ve always wanted to see it. What I find interesting about it, is the fact that it’s also edited into chronological order. So, the flashbacks from part 2 would play first, as far as I understand.

And I like the idea of cutting the trilogy together. But man, that would be so long. Using the runtime for the theatrical versions as a basis, I get 539 minutes. Almost nine hours! And that doesn’t count any additional scenes needed to make it work.

Which reminds me. Has anyone watched Coppola’s reworked version of ‘Godfather III’, ‘The Godfather Coda’? I have it, but I have yet to watch it. I want to revisit the other two first and just haven’t had a chance.

Post 105 IP   flag post

@00slim The Wikipedia article lists the Trilogy cut at 583 minutes, so nearly 10 hours. Definitely not something you’ll want to do in a single seating.

lol I also have the Godfather Coda but haven’t seen it yet. I wanted to rewatch the first two first but when I finally unpacked my movies my Godfather Trilogy was missing and I have yet to replace it.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Amazon had the Godfather trilogy on sale for $18 so I placed an order (along with a copy of Doctor Sleep). I’ve got the Complete Epic blu ray in my cart and might pull the trigger on it in a week or so

In the meantime this arrived in the mail. Another Disney Movie Club exclusive

Post 107 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Has the live action Jungle Book from 1994 with Jason Scott Lee received a Blu-ray release through the movie club? That’s one I’d love to have.
Post 108 IP   flag post
That would be a perfect candidate but it looks like it hasn’t happened yet. Even the old dvd is pretty pricey right now
Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Even the old dvd is pretty pricey right now

Yeah, that’s why I was hoping. 👍🏼
Post 110 IP   flag post
Just got this in the mail, the fan-produced blu-ray of the Godfather: The Complete Epic. It was originally released in 1980 before the Godfather Part III was released and it basically recuts the first two movies into one long movie told in chronological order with additional material. So we’ll see the young Vito’s life from Part II before the events of part I, and finally coming back to the present-day portions of part II.

One thing I noticed with this release is that it’s titled “1901-1959.”. When it was originally released on VHS it was titled “1902-1959”. The 1992 VHS release of the Godfather Trilogy, again recut to combine all three films chronologically, was subtitled “1901-1980.”. Not having seen that cut I’m not sure what it includes that pushes the start date back another year and I’m not sure if it was an oversight on the fans or HBO (where this version was ripped from) or if something was actually changed that pushes the start date back.

I do hope they somehow find a way to release the Trilogy cut on blu ray somehow, even if fan-made because I don’t think Paramount is too interested. I wonder if perhaps the footage exists in HD across the various blu-ray releases that it would be possible to reconstruct the trilogy cut from scratch.

Post 111 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Woo hoo!

Post 112 IP   flag post
Just in. I hope it isn’t as awful as I expect. Which is sad, because I know how pumped I should be to see this.

Post 113 IP   flag post
@00slim I thought the first one was a bit of a mess but a fun and enjoyable mess
Post 114 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

I'll be thanking @sborock once these bad boys pay for my retirement.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@00slim I thought the first one was a bit of a mess but a fun and enjoyable mess

I liked how they developed Brock’s character. They actually took their time & that stuff was put together better than most.

Then it got messy and only got messier.

I didn’t hate it. I own it. I just hope they build something better with the sequel.
Post 116 IP   flag post
@00slim My first main issue was just the concessions they had to make to get it to work without Spider—Man.

The other is slightly related to the first and might be mostly because it was still introducing characters but it really felt like the symbiote was in charge and Eddie was just kind of along for the ride. The trailer still made them feel like two separate characters but at least more in sync in purpose.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I found these in a drawer in our home theater. They have been sitting there for years.

Post 118 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Woo hoo!

That is awesome!! I love it!!!

The Thundarr opening is brilliant! I think it says in the year 1999 a run away comet....
Post 119 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 120 IP   flag post
I love this too...

Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just in. I hope it isn’t as awful as I expect. Which is sad, because I know how pumped I should be to see this.

Man . . . that was a train wreck. Some clever lines & some cool moments, but this movie is a sloppy.

Unrelated. Woody’s toupée is distracting.

Post 122 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
It was the third best Venom movie... at best.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Some recent pick ups. I already had Star Trek Beyond but the 3D release was only like $6 shipped.

I didn’t have a copy of Predator on blu ray since the earlier blu ray release either had no features or had really bad touching up. I’ve heard the 3D conversion was well done and it helped mitigate some of the picture issues of earlier releases. So I’m excited to see the conversion for myself

Post 124 IP   flag post
Just finished watching Predator and I gotta say I was really impressed with the 3D implementation. I don’t know if it was a really good conversion or if the jungle setting just provided that many more opportunities to add depth, probably a mixture of both, but from the opening star field it seemed like every shot had noticeable and pleasant depth.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Best Buy has a sale on the Sopranos complete series for $55!. I’ve been wanting this for a good long while and the deal was good enough to pull the trigger

Post 126 IP   flag post
Another recent pick up. Hardly the best movie but as far as 3D goes this is up towards the top. I already had the other set with all the bonus features so I just went with the original barebones promotional release

Post 127 IP   flag post
by the way, that’s one of my favorite MadTV sketches. I’ve always wondered why Will Sasso, as a star, never got bigger.
Post 128 IP   flag post
@00slim Yeah, he shows up here and there in minor roles but I definitely think he has the skills and range to carry bigger roles
Post 129 IP   flag post
I was a little late but I finally picked it up! Watching it as I speak! As delightfully silly as I remember!

Post 130 IP   flag post
601536 309 30