Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
I used to have a pretty decent movie “collection” I have since liquidated all but a few favorites that I don’t have a digital copy for. If anyone is looking for some Steven King dvds let me know; a few were hard to find at the time idk about now.

I also have the Star Wars Trilogy dvds with the “bonus” theatrical versions. What do those go for?

Prices for the limited editions with the theatrical cuts are all over the place.

Up to $25 each if sold individually. But on average, the set (all 3 together) goes for around $40-$50 on e-bay.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Quote:
I used to have a pretty decent movie “collection” I have since liquidated all but a few favorites that I don’t have a digital copy for. If anyone is looking for some Steven King dvds let me know; a few were hard to find at the time idk about now.

I also have the Star Wars Trilogy dvds with the “bonus” theatrical versions. What do those go for?

Prices for the limited editions with the theatrical cuts are all over the place.

Up to $25 each if sold individually. But on average, the set (all 3 together) goes for around $40-$50 on e-bay.
interesting
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Here's a few of my recent pick ups. All sealed.

Excalibur is the one one with Patrick Stewart, i remember seeing that as a kid , and that was a great movie and i think it still is.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
This is the original release poster for one of Disney's best movies. I love the poster and the movie!

Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Just came in today! I’m finally pulling the trigger on several blu rays that have been languishing in my cart for months. Event Horizon is on its way as well and tomorrow I’ll probably ordering the three Living Dead blu rays and The Thing by Shout Factory as well
Post 80 IP   flag post

Two pick ups on sale at Best Buy today. Black Widow was $19 and Justice League was $15. I haven’t seen either so I’ve got a fun weekend ahead
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Two pick ups on sale at Best Buy today. Black Widow was $19 and Justice League was $15. I haven’t seen either so I’ve got a fun weekend ahead

I liked ‘Black Widow’ the first time I saw it. I liked it a lot more the second time. I caught more details that made it feel more cohesive.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Ohh! I wasn’t aware this was coming, releasing in a couple of weeks. Just learned about it watching the DC Kids Famdome stream

Also, I guess Dwayne Johnson is playing the Voice of Krypto in a SuperPets movie. I’m a little surprised he’s playing Krypto before we see him as Black Adam

I’m also really digging the sneak peek of Aquaman King of Atlantis. And apparently Teen Titans Go! is now DC’s longest running animated show, which is pretty crazy
Post 83 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
My Blu-Ray movie collection is sizable and very esoteric. For instance, in addition to the usual fan-favored suspects, many silent features and cliffhanger serials. Here are a few random highlights (the middle one is an iPad shot of a chapter opening over my HT projector)...

I'll add more images, including lobby cards and other film collectibles to this thread as time allows.
Post 84 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Few recent pick ups.

Post 85 IP   flag post
@sborock Solid flicks!
Post 86 IP   flag post

Just got this in today! I haven’t watched it in years but it’s one of my favorites! I’m holding off on buying the other Hour Factory movies on my list because I decided to buy a coverless/incomplete Hawkman #4 instead lol
Post 87 IP   flag post

Came in today! I picked up the dvd of season 1 ages ago as there wasn’t a blu ray release at the time. I really enjoyed the first season. Eventually they released seasons 1 & 2 in one blu ray package
Post 88 IP   flag post
Just in from Amazon! This 4k release (not just this particular version) had a production delay. Glad it didn’t take too long!

25th Anniversary 4k limited edition steelbook of Scream (1996).

Post 89 IP   flag post
These two came in today! These are the last two of the canonical Disney movies to be released on Blu Ray! I’m waiting on Frozen II 3D and Raya and the Last Dragon to come in the mail and I’ll have a complete set!

There’s some controversy regarding Make Mine Music since it is missing the Hatfield and Mccoys segment which Disney has long buried. Unfortunately I don’t see this as something Disney will address to the satisfaction of the purists out there.

Best Buy also had some $10 deals I took advantage of. I’m not particularly excited for Wonder Woman from what I’ve heard but I feel compelled to get all the Marvel and DC movies. In this case, the 4K release was actually cheaper than the standard blu ray
Post 90 IP   flag post
Nice pickups!

WW 84’s biggest flaw is it’s just too long. The wife is a huge Wonder Woman fan, though & she enjoyed it.

Loved JoJo Rabbit. The dark shift in tone near the end was necessary but also part of the reason I won’t be able to revisit it for a while.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Just picked this up this upgrade yesterday & watched it in 4k last night.

It looks like it was filmed yesterday.

Post 92 IP   flag post
Nice! I’ve been meaning to purchase the Scream Factory blu-ray for a while now for all the new features
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Nice! I’ve been meaning to purchase the Scream Factory blu-ray for a while now for all the new features

I’ll be picking that up as well. Interesting that it includes the T.V. edit.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I imported the UK 3D Blu Ray release of Frozen II, which I believe is the last movie I need to complete my Disney Animated Features collection! I like the cover art of the US release but I wanted to get the 3D release. I might just shell out the $10 to get an empty case/artwork for the US release

Post 95 IP   flag post
Best Buy started their Black Friday deals so I picked up a few blu-rays

The Long Halloween were $6 each

Green Knight was $10

Walking Dead Season 10 (I still need season 9 but I figured I’d take advantage) was $10

Post 96 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I still need to see Long Halloween. Can’t beat $6 each. 👍🏼
Post 97 IP   flag post
@00slim I wonder if they’re going to do a combined release like they did with Dark Knight Returns and Death and Return of Superman
Post 98 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I hope so. It’s why I held off on the separate releases so far.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Looks like Amazon is matching Best Buy on the ‘Long Halloween’ movies. I went ahead and ordered them. I can always upgrade to the Deluxe release later, if it’s anywhere near as good as their ‘Dark Knight Returns’ adaptation.
Post 100 IP   flag post
So, it’s not a movie, but here’s a physical media purchase that just came in. Maybe this qualifies und the “and more!” Part of the thread’s title?

Post 101 IP   flag post
Here’s a fun one. I ordered this fan edit that incorporates the original Halloween (1978) & Halloween II (1980) as one continuous movie. It also includes 20 minutes of deleted scenes. I’m looking forward to checking this out.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim that sounds awesome!!!
Post 103 IP   flag post
@00slim That’s super cool! It kind of reminds me of these Godfather releases that re-edit the movies, plus lots of deleted scenes into one long movie in chronological order. The Complete Epic compiles the first two movies and the Trilogy compiles the three films. These were only released on VHS but someone somewhere must have converted them into dvd format for posterity

EDIT: Looks like there is a blu tay fan release of the Complete Epic ripped from an HBO broadcast but the Trilogy release only as a VHS rip floating around the internet

Post 104 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I always wondered why “The Complete Epic” was never included as a bonus feature on the DVD/Blu-Ray sets.

I’ve always wanted to see it. What I find interesting about it, is the fact that it’s also edited into chronological order. So, the flashbacks from part 2 would play first, as far as I understand.

And I like the idea of cutting the trilogy together. But man, that would be so long. Using the runtime for the theatrical versions as a basis, I get 539 minutes. Almost nine hours! And that doesn’t count any additional scenes needed to make it work.

Which reminds me. Has anyone watched Coppola’s reworked version of ‘Godfather III’, ‘The Godfather Coda’? I have it, but I have yet to watch it. I want to revisit the other two first and just haven’t had a chance.

Post 105 IP   flag post
601288 309 30