CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Some nice selections, @OGJackster.

My OCD is having a hard time with the movies out of alphabetical order is all. 😆
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So this news is a bit old now but I thought I'd share it here; the upcoming Star Trek BluRay/4k Blu Rays next month

First is a collection of the first four movies in 4k and standard blu-ray

A Steelbook release of the original series. The existing blu rays but in new steelbook packaging.

I probably won't be getting any of the above but they also announced a restoration of the Director's Edition of the original Motion Picture is being worked on. No release date yet but it is expected some time in spring/summer 2022. I am definitely getting the eventual blu ray release because I love having multiple cuts of a movie when they are available.

Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@00slim Just remember, the standard Arrow release is just the first disc. If you want the second disc you’ll have to get the steelbook or the limited edition

Also:

Thats friggin hilarious!

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Post 54 IP   flag post
For anyone interested, the Best Buy exclusive 4k steelbook for ‘Black Widow’ just went up for pre-order.

Best Buy
Post 55 IP   flag post

Neat! I’ll probably stick with the standard blu ray release.

I still need to import some of the remaining MCU movies on 3D blu ray, Ant Man & The Wasp, Captain Marvel, Endgame, and Far From Home.

I also need to import season 5 of Agents of Shield. Unfortunately I don’t think they’ve done a season 6 or 7 release
Post 56 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I went with the steelbook cuz it was only a $5 difference.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
I had to get this eventually to keep my Star Trek blu ray collection complete (I just need the Wrath of Khan Director’s Cut). I loved season 2 but I hear this season is a bit rocky. I am a little disappointed that the series is now permanently set in the future but seeing as they’re doing a new series focused on the Enterprise and Pike,pre-TOS (the best part of season 2), I can live with it, provided they finally stabilize the show. I am also really looking forward to season 2 of Lower Decks and Picard, though not enough to pay for yet another streaming service so hopefully they keep going woth the blu ray releases

Finally finished watching season 3. I enjoyed it for the most part, though not as much as season 2. The show is still hampered by it’s reliance and deference to Michael, around whom just about everything on the show revolves around. It should basically be called the Burnham Show for how little it uses its admittedly great cast of characters.

The future setting did grow on me so I don’t mind seeing more of it going forward. Especially since we’ll have other shows expanding the other eras of Trek history.

The teaser for season 4 looks good and now that Burnham is captain, I hope they can steady her character so she can be recognizable as a Star Trek Captain

Post 58 IP   flag post
Delivery was delayed a day or two, but she’s home safe.

Post 59 IP   flag post
@00slim Dang, I forgot it was out. I still need to get Snyder’s Justice League. I might just get the UK disc since it’s cheaper and has all the same content from what I can tell
Post 60 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite If you have a region-free player, that’s not a bad idea.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@00slim I’m pretty sure the disc is ABC region so it should play even if you have a standard blu ray player.

Blu Rays don’t tend to be as tightly region locked as dvds are. I’ve slowly been importing the 3D Marvel discs for a while and I have a few other imported discs here and there

Just checked the prices. looks like the UK disc’s gone up a bit. Still slightly cheaper than the US disc but not as much before
Post 62 IP   flag post
Oh Man! I just saw this listed on Scream Factory for a November release! I know it gets a lot of hate but I’ve loved since it’s release and I quote it regularly to this day. It was omitted from the Mel Brooks boxed set so I’m glad to see it getting a blu ray release and coming from Scream Factory, I’m hoping it gets some neat bonus features!

Post 63 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Oh Man! I just saw this listed on Scream Factory for a November release! I know it gets a lot of hate but I’ve loved since it’s release and I quote it regularly to this day. It was omitted from the Mel Brooks boxed set so I’m glad to see it getting a blu ray release and coming from Scream Factory, I’m hoping it gets some neat bonus features!

How did I go through life not knowing this existed? I WILL find this online somewhere and watch it!!!
Post 64 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I actually think the TV spots for the movie are better than the trailer

Post 65 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

How did I go through life not knowing this existed? I WILL find this online somewhere and watch it!!!

Same. I can't imagine how I didnt know about this movie. I can't think of a Mel Brooks movie I didnt love.
Post 66 IP   flag post
My Dad took me to the theater to see ‘Dracula: Dead And Loving It’. I genuinely don’t remember why, but like 10-15 minutes into the movie, we walked out.

He’s a fan of several of Brooks’ movies, so, he knew what he was in for. And while it’s not top-tier Mel Brooks, I don’t think it’s terrible.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Jeffrey_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Comic related; I got Brenda Starr on DVD off ebay to watch with my kids, and also a Dark Knight collectors set with some really nice postcards of the Joker in there
Post 68 IP   flag post
Melody Time and Make Mine Music seem to be getting blu ray releases as Disney Movie Club Exclusives with November 2nd release dates! This makes them the last of Disney Animation’s feature films to finally get released on blu ray! I don’t have Disney Movie Club so I’ll snatch them off of ebay once they’re out.

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Came in the vip bag at Monroe pop fest.
Not into profession

Wrestling. If anyone wants it 10 bucks. I'll pay shipping
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Found this in the free bin at a second hand store. Excellent condition.

Post 71 IP   flag post
Pre-ordered this and although late, it has finally arrived.

3-disc 4K/Blu-Ray collector’s edition with slipcover.

Big highlight with this release is a brand new transfer.

Disc 3 even has the extended cut with the added scenes Carpenter shot to make the film fit the time slot required for television.

Halloween II (‘81) is on its way as well.

Post 72 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a few of my recent pick ups. All sealed.

Post 73 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I used to have a pretty decent movie “collection” I have since liquidated all but a few favorites that I don’t have a digital copy for. If anyone is looking for some Steven King dvds let me know; a few were hard to find at the time idk about now.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I used to have a pretty decent movie “collection” I have since liquidated all but a few favorites that I don’t have a digital copy for. If anyone is looking for some Steven King dvds let me know; a few were hard to find at the time idk about now.

I also have the Star Wars Trilogy dvds with the “bonus” theatrical versions. What do those go for?
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I also have the Star Wars Trilogy dvds with the “bonus” theatrical versions. What do those go for?

Prices for the limited editions with the theatrical cuts are all over the place.

Up to $25 each if sold individually. But on average, the set (all 3 together) goes for around $40-$50 on e-bay.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Quote:

Prices for the limited editions with the theatrical cuts are all over the place.

Up to $25 each if sold individually. But on average, the set (all 3 together) goes for around $40-$50 on e-bay.
interesting
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Here's a few of my recent pick ups. All sealed.

Excalibur is the one one with Patrick Stewart, i remember seeing that as a kid , and that was a great movie and i think it still is.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
This is the original release poster for one of Disney's best movies. I love the poster and the movie!

Post 79 IP   flag post

Just came in today! I’m finally pulling the trigger on several blu rays that have been languishing in my cart for months. Event Horizon is on its way as well and tomorrow I’ll probably ordering the three Living Dead blu rays and The Thing by Shout Factory as well
Post 80 IP   flag post
601196 308 30