Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’m watching the tv edit now. I’ve picked up on a few things so far. Like apparently “scumbag” is not okay for tv but “crumbag” is. Not surprisingly the boardroom scene is shown a little differently.
Post 26 IP   flag post
lol, it’s hard to believe a version of Robocop exists with hardly any blood squibs but there it is! The movie certainly lacks the visceral bite of the other cuts but the movie’s strong enough to stand up and it’s nice to have a version you can watch with young kids or squeamish significant others.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
One of my all time favorites!

Post 28 IP   flag post
@RareComics Nice! I REALLY liked the 3D conversions Disney was doing a decade ago, Little Mermaid among them. I was a bit disappointed that more didn’t get the treatment

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
The only Prime Day deal I was eager about, the “Twilight Zone” complete series box set on blu-ray, sold out before I could grab it. Kinda bummed.

But to be honest, I’d prefer a better rerelease. The current one has horrible packaging.

It would be awesome if they’d do a retrospective release. Include the original series, the 80’s series, the movie, the extremely uneven 2000’s rendition with Forest Whitaker & the Jordan Peele series. There were 2 or 3 solid episodes of that one I’d watch again.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@dielinfinite My RoboCop steelbook showed up today. Did you notice that pages 30-38 of the booklet details the differences between the theatrical version & the T.V. edit?

A few pages prior to that explain the differences between the theatrical cut & the Director’s cut.

A very cool package for sure.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@00slim Yup, I saw that. I think the Director’s cut is only like 3 minutes longer and most of that is extensions to existing scenes they had to trim in order to get an R-rating. In one of the documentaries the director said in some ar least one case he felt the cuts actually made the scenes more horrific. For example in the board room sequence the guy gets terribly killed but in the director’s cut it’s absurd overkill so circles back around to being funny (in a way)
Post 32 IP   flag post
I was at Best Buy with a buddy this evening & I saw this limited edition steelbook 4k release of ‘Psycho’.

I figured the wife would like it.

Then I saw this on the back!

Is it possible I’ve never seen the full version? Man, it’ll be interesting to find out!
Post 33 IP   flag post
That’s interesting, I might have to pick it up! From my reading it looks like the movie was edited down slightly in 1968 when the film ratings were introduced to get an R rating. It doesn’t seem like it’s a whole lot different but I can seem to find a runtime difference. The 2020 release was it’s first home video release
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
Signed by Ben Chapman. This is one of my favorite movies ever! Happy to have been able to get his autograph. 😊😊
Post 36 IP   flag post
@Hexigore That’s awesome. One of my all time favorites.
Post 37 IP   flag post

Post 38 IP   flag post
Julie Adams and Ricou Browning too.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I love getting autographs on movie posters. Especially horror when given the chance.
Post 40 IP   flag post

Mike Grell commission.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
My grandpa was an extra in 300+ films. I have his Hollywood photo albums, filled with personalized photos. Here's one from some nobody
Post 42 IP   flag post
Nice!! 👍👍👍
Post 43 IP   flag post
I have one of these prints (limited to 100) signed by Alex Ross.

Sadly, it’s still in a tube. I really need to get this framed & matted.

Post 44 IP   flag post
@00slim Oh! Hells yeah!!
Post 45 IP   flag post
I had to get this eventually to keep my Star Trek blu ray collection complete (I just need the Wrath of Khan Director’s Cut). I loved season 2 but I hear this season is a bit rocky. I am a little disappointed that the series is now permanently set in the future but seeing as they’re doing a new series focused on the Enterprise and Pike,pre-TOS (the best part of season 2), I can lice with it, provided they finally stabilize the show. I am also really looking forward to season 2 of Lower Decks and Picard, though not enough to pay for yet another streaming service so hopefully they keep going woth the blu ray releases

Post 46 IP   flag post
I do enjoy “Lower Decks” more than expected.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I think Lower Decks took maybe 3 or 4 episodes to find itself. It leaned too much on drunk humor for a while but then it started feeling more like Star Trek after a few episodes. The season 2 trailer really got me excited to see it return.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post

Post 51 IP   flag post
Some nice selections, @OGJackster.

My OCD is having a hard time with the movies out of alphabetical order is all. 😆
Post 52 IP   flag post
So this news is a bit old now but I thought I'd share it here; the upcoming Star Trek BluRay/4k Blu Rays next month

First is a collection of the first four movies in 4k and standard blu-ray

A Steelbook release of the original series. The existing blu rays but in new steelbook packaging.

I probably won't be getting any of the above but they also announced a restoration of the Director's Edition of the original Motion Picture is being worked on. No release date yet but it is expected some time in spring/summer 2022. I am definitely getting the eventual blu ray release because I love having multiple cuts of a movie when they are available.

Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@00slim Just remember, the standard Arrow release is just the first disc. If you want the second disc you’ll have to get the steelbook or the limited edition

Also:

Thats friggin hilarious!

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Post 54 IP   flag post
For anyone interested, the Best Buy exclusive 4k steelbook for ‘Black Widow’ just went up for pre-order.

Best Buy
Post 55 IP   flag post
601488 309 30