CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Movies Television

Movie Collections II: Share your Highlights, New Acquisitions, and more!14852

I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m an unapologetic fan of “Voyager”. Mostly because it’s the first “Trek” show I watched from beginning to end, as it aired.

TNG is the gold standard & one of my favorite shows of all time. But I caught that in reruns.

I’ve heard great things about DS9. I do need to give it a watch.
Post 226 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Universal Monsters Complete 30 Film Collection on blu-ray is on sale at GRUV.com for $89.99.

It’s Universal’s outlet site, so, it’s legit.
Post 227 • IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 228 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user



New arrival! I still need to watch Discovery season 4 but I’ve been wanting to watch this series since discovery season 2! I also just put in my pre-order for Lower Decks season 3, which comes out next month! I still need the blu rays of the director’s cuts of TMP and TWofK
Post 229 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
The 2-disc 4k Special Edition of ‘Police Story 3: Super Cop’ has finally arrived after a couple delays from Amazon.

Probably more than I need, but it’s cool.

The original ’Police Story’ is my favorite, but this one is a lot of fun.



Post 230 • IP   flag post


I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, the HTA-9 surround set-up dropped in price by $500.

I jumped on the upgrade. My buddy Luke came over & helped me mount the front & rear speakers yesterday.

While they’re way bigger than anticipated & a bit intrusive in front of the TV. The rear speaks blend in well.

The rear speakers should be lower, but since the room is small & Spidey would have obstructed the left speaker, I chose to mount it up higher.



Post 231 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Upgrading from using my Series X as my 4k player.

Hope this guy is as good as the reviews suggest.


Post 232 • IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
1982 one sheet.


Post 233 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, anyone on here have this release of ‘The Death & Return of Superman’?

I ask because just got this copy from e-bay, and stacked underneath the 4k disc was ‘Superman: Doomsday’. This was a previous feature & there is no mention of this being included in the description on the packaging.

Was this a bonus included with this release? Or did the seller include it themselves?






Any info would be appreciated.
Post 234 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would just be honest and ssk them. You figure if they want it back tbey can pay shipping.
Post 235 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I have the standard blu ray and yes, it included Superman: Doomsday as a bonus


Also: this is the back of the 4K release’ slipcover which announces the bonus but it looks like the bonus is not mentioned on the case art itself.

Post 236 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite That explains it. Thank you!
Post 237 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
So, the HTA-9 surround set-up dropped in price by $500.

I jumped on the upgrade. My buddy Luke came over & helped me mount the front & rear speakers yesterday.

While they’re way bigger than anticipated & a bit intrusive in front of the TV. The rear speaks blend in well.

The rear speakers should be lower, but since the room is small & Spidey would have obstructed the left speaker, I chose to mount it up higher.



nice set up @00slim ! Are you watching the classic known as Lockout?

Post 238 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 I have seen ‘Lockout’, but if I remember correctly, I was watching the original ’Alien’ (1979).
Post 239 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@drmccoy74 I have seen ‘Lockout’, but if I remember correctly, I was watching the original ’Alien’ (1979).
that movie is SciFi GOAT level Bro
Post 240 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 Agree, 100%. 👍🏼
Post 241 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim @drmccoy74 which is SciFi goat? aliens or lockout? I've seen aliens...awesome..but not lockout.
Post 242 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
It's amazing they can make a movie this good in 1982

and 35 years later with all the technology they make this ..

Post 243 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I’m sure he meant ‘Alien’.
Post 244 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Lockout was a shameless imitation of ‘Escape from ‘New York’.

Carpenter actually sued the production company & won.
Post 245 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
My top 5 SciFi
5 Aliens
4 Terminator
3 Bladerunner
2 Alien
1 the Guy Pierce classic known as

Post 246 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh
Almost forgot I rode my new Mongoose BMX to Riverdale theater and saw this classic back in the day

Post 247 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't really hold up now but I thought it was the greatest thing ever back then
Post 248 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 I loved that clockwork owl.
Post 249 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
If we’re doing top 5 sci-fi, off the top of my head I’d say:

1. Aliens
2. Minority Report
3. Return of the Jedi (Fantasy, but hey)
4. Back to the Future
5. Dreamscape
Post 250 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
If we’re doing top 5 sci-fi, off the top of my head I’d say:

1. Aliens
2. Minority Report
3. Return of the Jedi (Fantasy, but hey)
4. Back to the Future
5. Dreamscape
those are some great choices
Post 251 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 Thank you, sir. I enjoyed your selections as well.
Post 252 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@GAC Lockout was a shameless imitation of ‘Escape from ‘New York’.

Carpenter actually sued the production company & won.
Carpenter is a baby. He's got enough money! 🤣
Post 253 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
This was his masterpiece

Post 254 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
This was his masterpiece



I’d go with ‘Halloween’, but ‘The Thing’ is great.
Post 255 • IP   flag post
657131 333 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?