Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Artist pseudonyms and variant names on CBCS labels14851

Collector nightsnotover private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, folks, I recently submitted a comic book with a variant cover by Stanley Lau, also known as Artgerm. I submitted it tagged with Artgerm Variant because that was what immediately popped up. However, looking through CBCS's Population Report, it seems that most, if not all, of the comics that he illustrated a cover for show up under Stanley "Artgerm" Lau Variant (this does not show up as a suggestion if you just type in "Artgerm" ).

I'm sure CBCS has some kind of check in place for their label information due to all of the potential for user errors, but I was wondering... what variant title would CBCS use in this case for the slab label?

Both Artgerm Variant and Stanley "Artgerm" Lau Variant seem to be in the system, so would my entry be automatically corrected or printed on the label as I selected it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@nightsnotover The variant name will be corrected and standardized. That said, they have changed their naming conventions and/or the names they use to refer to different variants over the years so I’m not sure what name they will end up going with but they won’t necessarily go with what you input
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector nightsnotover private msg quote post Address this user
I see, changes in naming conventions would explain it.

Thank you, @dielinfinite. This is my first grading experience ever so I appreciate it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@nightsnotover I definitely recommend checking out the Newbie’s Guide since it explains a lot about submitting to CBCS and the services they offer
Post 4 IP   flag post
598060 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?