Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

McFarlane Spider-Man 1 "Cream Variant"14845

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
You are witnessing the only Cream Variant Spider-Man #1 I've ever seen. I've owned this copy for a long time and bought it specifically because it is so unusual. The photos below are shown next to Gold copies to try to illustrate the difference, though the photos dont come close. You can't fully appreciate it unless you see it in person. The ink has no metallic shine to it, just a pale cream tint.

To be fair, this book is just a gold copy with a color strike so weak it appears to be a different variant. Still cool. I thought I would share after you guys posted the copper lizards a few weeks ago. I still need to dig through my copies to see if i have one of those.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll start the bidding at $100,000,000.01
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
If you had a cream variant with a copper lizard in an off-center wrap variant...that would be something to see.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
1 sugar, no cream
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
So can we now admit the copper lizard for grading!!! Sweet books
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
So, question for you. Why is the copper lizard considered a variant at all? It's just weak saturation on the ink, so is that just really a variant? I understand the spawn number one with no black ink, and I thought that's pretty striking and apparent. Copper lizard though I feel is a real stretch
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
You are witnessing the only Cream Variant Spider-Man #1 I've ever seen. I've owned this copy for a long time and bought it specifically because it is so unusual. The photos below are shown next to Gold copies to try to illustrate the difference, though the photos dont come close. You can't fully appreciate it unless you see it in person. The ink has no metallic shine to it, just a pale cream tint.

anything to make a buck these days. lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
If you had a cream variant with a copper lizard in an off-center wrap variant...that would be something to see.

Right up there with a nude Richard Simmons.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Right up there with a nude Richard Simmons.

Now I need some mind bleach...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t mind
If it says variant OT error I just want it on the label. It’s for my PC not for resale
Post 10 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
guess I'd have to be there - as don't see it. nor any lizard? but I ain't in the know.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Laurel or Yanny
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I think if Sandman #1 from the Kirby series can be called a variant, as the purple cover is just a lighter shade of the blue normal cover, that would make this seem just as legit. Most people recognize the Sandman 1 as an actual variant so why not
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
You wouldn't believe how many variants come out of my printer when I'm low on ink.

And I think my silver Spider-Man looks a little on the "lead" side. New variant yo!
Post 14 IP   flag post
597875 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?