Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Customer Service Status14787

Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
I emailed customer service on a issue today (for the third time as the issue keeps changing) and got an auto-reply that they were closed for the holiday and would respond the next business day. I guess they will be closed tomorrow as well. Not what I would expect from a business that is currently running behind but maybe they just needed a break.

The question is about CBCS Customer Service in general. I sent my first email to them on 5/17 and have yet to receive a response nor did I get one on the second email sent on 5/23 and obviously have not gotten a response - other than the auto-reply - on the third one sent today (5/27).

CBCS Customer Service seemed to be back on the beam but now I am starting to wonder. Anyone else having similar experiences this past month?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Customer Service has been lacking for years now and was one of the main issues brought up when @SBorock reached out to the community asking about what needed improving
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry what?? does CBCS have a customer service center???
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So you get an auto email saying "We are closed today for the holiday, but we will reply to your email as soon as we can on the next available business day."

why can't they have an auto e-mail normally to say we will respond in XXX days or please check our FAQ (with link) and if not covered in FAQ respond with this code 1234??

If they find that too many requests are still getting through you could then see what types of questions they are and add them to the FAQ....maybe ranked by most requested?
Post 4 IP   flag post
My issue concerns slabs I received with cracks and some with incorrect labels so if there was a process to handle returns where I could just do it and not contact CS, then I would. But I don't want to submit a re-holder invoice and have them charge my card when the problems are not my fault.

I agree with the FAQ thing - might eliminate a lot of repetitive questions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector sleeperbat private msg quote post Address this user
I emailed them last Friday night and got a response on Sunday morning.

It was a simple request to add pressing to a recent order I packed for shipping and was waiting for their reply before dropping it off at the Post Office.

Perhaps my service request was easier to deal with than yours.

They have a facebook page, try sending a message there if you are not having luck with their regular email system.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@sleeperbat They are inconsistent, which is part of the issue. Sometimes you’ll get a response the same day, sometimes you won’t hear from them for weeks and weeks
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Outsourcing to India is always a terrible idea, both for CS and for Web Design.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I see multiple threads on the customer service issue, I thought I would share my single experience with cgc CS.
I sent in a UF4 still polybagged a few months ago for express grading. I decided the day they received it to add CCS to try them out for myself and see if what I heard was true.
CCS aside, I emailed them that morning asking to add pressing. I then also called later that day to follow up and make sure it was done.
The phone call got it added, but about a month later (and a week after I had already got the book back) I received an email from cgc saying they had just got my request and were going to add CCS to my order. 🥴
Post 9 IP   flag post
I emailed yesterday, got an auto reply, assumed I wouldn't hear back. Then I got a reply today. Seems pretty good to me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@mediaslave - I have to agree with you here. Every that I have ever called CGC's customer service for whatever reason, I've always spoken to someone on the phone or if I've emailed, they've always hit me back within 24 hours or so.

Just yesterday I called about my "fast tracked" submissions the first of which was delivered to them on 4/27/21 and the last was the following week. According to their site, they're still on submissions being received for 4/12/21.

I believe the CSR's name was Ashley and she was more than accommodating with explaining the current state of affairs from the rate increases and overall demand.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
I have a stack of books slated for CBCS grading, most SA or BA, for next month. Hoping that goes smoothly as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like things are picking up then....
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
Seems like things are picking up then....

IF this is picking up, then at full speed they're gonna be sending me answers to my emails before I even send them.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Progress, even an inches is Progress.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I like hearing about others getting speedy service but this OP still hasn't heard from CS.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Outsourcing to India is always a terrible idea, both for CS and for Web Design.

So true. When I called to get information they couldn't give me any. Didnt even know the difference between silver age and golden age.
Post 17 IP   flag post
598069 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?