Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.
I am thinking about buying and submitting a copy of Uncanny X-Men 142 which is signed with a COA from Dynamic Forces. How would this be treated by CBCS?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
COA means nothing. If you want the signature recognized you need to pay for the verification process. This will never get a yellow label from a grading company.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted mine, along with a book, I figure it can't hurt, though it's not likely help, having paid for the verification service. I thought it might make the verification process easier on them? Who knows, but it can't hurt that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBane
COA means nothing. If you want the signature recognized you need to pay for the verification process. This will never get a yellow label from a grading company.

Thanks for the quick reply. As you probably guessed I am new to this forum. I have found the "Signature Verification" page which tells me about the red label, but nowhere can I find out the actual cost of this. Where on the site is a list of charges?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
They don't use COA's in the verification process. in fact those are put aside, not looked at and mailed back to you. They're in the same category as polybags, cards and anything else not attached to the book itself.

The sig process analyzes the signature to match it to the signor
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Look under services then pricing...think it's $25 for verification
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieb
I submitted mine, along with a book, I figure it can't hurt, though it's not likely help, having paid for the verification service. I thought it might make the verification process easier on them? Who knows, but it can't hurt that.

That was my line of reasoning too when another poster just told me that a yellow label was not an option. How much is the "Verified Signature" service?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

That was my line of reasoning too when another poster just told me that a yellow label was not an option. How much is the "Verified Signature" service?

It will not be a yellow label (It's red). It's $20/signature that you get verified.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I attempted to edit my response out of the quote, and it created a new post when I hit save - this can be deleted.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It will not be a yellow label (It's red). It's $20/signature that you get verified.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sorry I mean red (I've edited my post).
So the fee would be $20/$25 as well as the grading and encapsulating cost?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Sorry I mean red (I've edited my post).
So the fee would be $20/$25 as well as the grading and encapsulating cost?

Yes
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
It's $25 for the first signature and then $15 for each subsequent signature on the same book in need of verification. Plus the grading fee and whatever else you tack on.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
It's $25 for the first signature and then $15 for each subsequent signature on the same book in need of verification. Plus the grading fee and whatever else you tack on.

EDIT: I take that back, looking at the bill, I think you're right
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a follow up question on the poly bag and contents. If I have a superman that was poly bagged with contents (card, extra documents), do I send that with the comic to be graded or do I just send the comic and leave that stuff at home waiting for the comic to come back? Does CBCS note something on the slab notes if I send the contents along with it?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
They'll take the comic out of the polybag so, just save them the time
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
They'll take the comic out of the polybag so, just save them the time

Thanks!
Post 17 IP   flag post
613781 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?