Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

what is an "artists Proof"14712

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
I did a kickstarter a while back and when i got it finally the post office ,surprisingly, damaged a gemini mailer. showed pics to the creator and he will send replacements for them. and as an apology he is sending an artists print of a book which only has a 11 or so copy print run. So what is it? just not too much online since i didnt try too hard to look since you guys are a lot of fun when answering a questions and know a lot. So are they actually a good thing to have and would it be worthwhile to grade to protect it also. And if curious it it Chad Heinrich's Eules Vision 3 Sacred Geometry which is a very cool cover

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
An artists proof is a small test run of the project that is used for approval before production can begin.

Are they worthwhile to have? Sure, I think something like that is pretty cool. Does that translate into value, and worth being graded/protected? Only if the actual production one is highly sought after, or popular.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that artist proofs are a preview version of the book for the artist to inspect before mass printings.

As for getting it graded and protected that's truly up to you. the scarcity of the book doesn't translate into value if no one wants it.

I have quite a few books limited to less than 5 and i just keep them as is due to them being crowd funded so demand for them isn't very high
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
People collect the AP's of the Do you Pooh series. I have several that have ended up in my son's collection.
Post 4 IP   flag post
597921 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?