Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

How to see eBay Best Offer Accepted?14698

Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if the ability to View Page Source and search Taxex to see the Best Offer Accepted amount on eBay go away?? Am I misremembering how it's done? Is there a new way?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
This method used to work, but I haven't tried the updated way that valiantman mentions in the thread.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
The site that Valiantman mentioned seems to work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector PixelPanda144 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonslade
Does anyone know if the ability to View Page Source and search Taxex to see the Best Offer Accepted amount on eBay go away?? Am I misremembering how it's done? Is there a new way?

That way was how I used to do it but it stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
The only way left is to use https://130point.com/sales/

You put in the item number, select Sold Items, click Submit.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15

Works like a charm 👍
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Hm, 130point isn't working for me. Why does ebay not want the info available? Why the secrecy?
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Hm, 130point isn't working for me. Why does ebay not want the info available? Why the secrecy?

Just checked, and can confirm that it does not seem to be working. This happens sometimes, and then it works again later. You don't know why. You don't know what changed, what is going on behind the scenes.

As people find ways to reveal this information, shortly after, the open back doors to the data seem to close. Since it's discussed in public like this, you wouldn't have to be a detective to find out when and where the info is leaking. Then the programmers could be informed and plug the leak.

No idea why eBay would care about whether the info is available. Some speculate that for reporting total sales on the platform, eBay reports the original asking price to appear more robust. To have the actual agreed offer price showing might not be in their interests if that is the case, but who would have the resources to verify the total?

In many cases, eBay likes to mimic Amazon. You won't see any past sales figures there, so maybe another step in that direction. The look-back for completed and sold sales on eBay is a shorter time period than it was in earlier years, too. Could be something that goes away entirely.

On a search for live items that I do daily, all the items are time-stamped with the date, hour, and minute that they were listed, like this: May-25 08:08. The Sold items used to have the date, hour, and minute of when they were sold. That has recently changed to just the date: Sold May 25, 2021. At least that is what I am seeing on the listings in the searches I follow, your mileage may vary.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed this for over a month now. I think when eBay eliminated all of those categories they must've included a patch that covers up the view page source trick. Really a shame.

Important question though: will apps like GoCollect, Covrprice, GPA etc. be able to reveal best offer accepted listings? Do they have a more sophisticated way of obtaining that data or are they screwed as well?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector PixelPanda144 private msg quote post Address this user
I just checked 130Point and it's working for me
Post 10 IP   flag post
I just re-checked, still not working on several attempts. I figured it might be just slow to find newly ended listings, so I tried a week-old listing. Still no luck. Just an animation of a guy with an overcoat draped on his arm, looking around like he is lost. Maybe it's hit and miss.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600821 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?