Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Mikeoliver1313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
I'm pretty sure it's the same logic as to why cbcs isn't allowed on cgc boards. That's my best guess.

@Comicninja0215 Does the policy really require defending? What requires explaining is @Mikeoliver1313's position. Why is he so insistent on taking a dump on
the CBCS forum? How could someone lack social skills to such a degree?

I’m not insistent on dumping on the forums. I simply stated my experience with the grades and I was blasted for my opinion and using PGX
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
So is CGC no better than or the same as PGX? I see lots of comments about bad grading or inconsistent grading from both PGX and CGC

Personally if PGX is trying to turn it around and put out a quality product at an affordable price and quick TAT I say more power to them.

No reason there should be a monopoly of grading by two companies
thank you!!! Someone with a head on the shoulders and using it
Post 52 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoliver1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Mikeoliver1313 I don't know if you're aware of PGX's past. If not, check it out via Google search. If you are aware, then you're spending too much and waiting too long as putting your books in top loaders is pretty much the PGX equivalent.
im very much aware. It’s called the past and everybody deserves a 2nd chance

If you have an emotional attachment to PGX, more power to you, sincerely.
Post 53 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikeoliver1313 I hope you don't think I was blasting you. You asked me outright and I answered. That's all.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Since they got a second office, can we establish cbcs Canada offices?
Post 55 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Borock on blast, lol.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Mikeoliver1313 I don't know if you're aware of PGX's past. If not, check it out via Google search. If you are aware, then you're spending too much and waiting too long as putting your books in top loaders is pretty much the PGX equivalent.

I have no attachment to them other than 8 week turn around time and 5 dollars cheaper than everybody else and no membership required
Post 57 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
So is CGC no better than or the same as PGX? I see lots of comments about bad grading or inconsistent grading from both PGX and CGC

Personally if PGX is trying to turn it around and put out a quality product at an affordable price and quick TAT I say more power to them.

No reason there should be a monopoly of grading by two companies
thank you!!! Someone with a head on the shoulders and using it

First of all, there is no such thing as a monopoly of 2 companies. It's a contradiction in terms. Second, @Mikeoliver1313 nobody has a problem with you feeling this way. But you have no right to use the CBCS forum to promote such an agenda. Or, if you are granted that right, you should at the very least expect significant resistance, no?
Post 58 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I have no attachment to them other than 8 week turn around time and 5 dollars cheaper than everybody else and no membership required

But what are you paying for? Essentially, the only thing that's truly guaranteed is that your books will come back in a slab. Everything else is questionable....highly questionable. Is that worth a $5/book savings?
Post 59 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
oh ok then a Duopoly then
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

But what are you paying for? Essentially, the only thing that's truly guaranteed is that your books will come back in a slab. Everything else is questionable....highly questionable. Is that worth a $5/book savings?
but everything else is not. As stated in my thread I linked. I cracked open a cbcs book and sent to pgx came back the same grade
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:

oligopoly?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:

lol, Duopolies are actually a pretty good thing. They typically result and stability and predictability for the consumer. A 3rd company actually competing in the arena presents what Physics calls the "3 Body Problem", which is much less predictable and more chaotic. I'm actually learning all this as I'm reading "The Three-Body Problem" by Cixin Liu, considered to be among the very best science fiction books to come out of China.
Post 63 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
oligopoly

Hmmmmm interesting?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

but everything else is not. As stated in my thread I linked. I cracked open a cbcs book and sent to pgx came back the same grade

hmmm....good luck with your endeavors, I wish you all the best.
Post 65 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The guy who owns PGX used to travel to conventions and buy books graded by the cgc, crack them out, and put them in PGX holders with about a one grade bump. Makes you wonder if some of those PGX signature books might have been green label cgcs at some point...
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
oligopoly

Hmmmmm interesting?

Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
As stated in my thread I linked. I cracked open a cbcs book and sent to pgx came back the same grade

@Mikeoliver1313 You also have to consider that maybe you're the guy who doesn't get the benefit of their shenanigans. Maybe you're not insider enough, not a big enough submitter. Maybe you're the guy they try to use to keep their grades looking legitimate. It's like the old west Poker saying...if you haven't figured out who the patsy is, you're probably the patsy.
Post 68 IP   flag post
601333 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?