Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics Restoration and ConservationSigning Opportunities

Help me help you!14694

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterEaterLad
One way CBCS might improve their labels and make them different/better than CGC would be to design them with tiny icons for things like RESTORED, INCOMPLETE, DIRECT EDITION, NEWSSTAND, etc. I'm talking small, like the size of an emoji. You'd end up with fewer words and a cool visual way to communicate that information.

Cool! That is something to think about!
Post 51 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see the membership options revised to offer different coupons/rewards and a possible discount on the VSP. All of my submissions are more than 2 books at a time and I have no use for coupons that will speed up grading on 2 books that will sit there waiting for the rest of my submission for combined shipping.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I'd like to see the membership options revised to offer different coupons/rewards and a possible discount on the VSP. All of my submissions are more than 2 books at a time and I have no use for coupons that will speed up grading on 2 books that will sit there waiting for the rest of my submission for combined shipping.

I agree! Working on revamp. Thanks!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps have a small percentage of the revenue from special signings go to the Hero Initiative?

I changed my tune on signings. For a while, I agreed with those who thought they only slowed down the TATs of normal submissions. But after remembering how legendary creators like Gene Colan and Dave Cockrum had medical and financial hardships in their latter years, I'm all for creators getting a nice signing payday in their prime, because they can't work forever. (Like Jim Starlin who injured his hand).

Having a bit of the proceeds go to a charity for comic creators gives submitters a good reason to be patient and reminds us that creators have real lives off the page, bills to pay, families to support, mistresses to keep happy, lawyers to hire so they can get a decent royalty from Marvel Studios, etc...
Post 54 IP   flag post
This is great!!!!!
Knowing what you love or dislike really helps us.
I know you have all brought up points in other threads, I am just using this thread to help me keep everything in my head and not fall off our plate.
Thanks everyone!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Perhaps have a small percentage of the revenue from special signings go to the Hero Initiative?

I changed my tune on signings. For a while, I agreed with those who thought they only slowed down the TATs of normal submissions. But after remembering how legendary creators like Gene Colan and Dave Cockrum had medical and financial hardships in their latter years, I'm all for creators getting a nice signing payday in their prime, because they can't work forever. (Like Jim Starlin who injured his hand).

Having a bit of the proceeds go to a charity for comic creators gives submitters a good reason to be patient and reminds us that creators have real lives off the page, bills to pay, families to support, mistresses to keep happy, lawyers to hire so they can get a decent royalty from Marvel Studios, etc...

I do a lot behind the scenes for the H.I. as I am on the board of directors. How about I start a thread where we donate comics and, once they sell, I send the money to the H.I. It's an amazing charity!
Thoughts everyone?
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
When’s cons start up again I’d like to see you guys at more shows.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I mean by slab only label vs. a graded label. I'd like the slab only label to contain all the same info as the graded label minus the grade.

The examples are #4 slab only and #5 graded book of Avengers/Invaders. I couldn't find a #4 graded.

Post 58 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
My only gripe is customer service. In its current state there is no point in even trying to contact anyone unless you have a serious issue (damaged, mis-labeled, missing, etc)

Love the new slabs. Can’t wait for magazine slabs. As others have mentioned; the new labels are missing something. Something seems off about them. Not sure what so it must not be a big deal.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:

I do a lot behind the scenes for the H.I. as I am on the board of directors. How about I start a thread where we donate comics and, once they sell, I send the money to the H.I. It's an amazing charity!
Thoughts everyone?
I can have a box ready in two hours Steve, do the thing
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I've only ever used CBCS and don't see that changing. The few times I've had any problems or questions you answered/solved the problem quickly. I love your cases and how I can trust your grading.

If I had some wishes on things that could be better would be these few things:

1. Love your signing events...simply wish could have even more.

2. I would like to have a better idea where my comic is the process. Instead if simple received, grading,etc..Stages within steps so have more accurate idea...Just an idea

That's my 2 cents at least..
Post 61 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I see a few mentions of CBCS Canada.

I know that the border closure is a major source of the issues but maybe updated TATs just for Canada or an additional tracking status - for example this coming week will be week 10 that I've been in 'ShipToCanada' there must be some portion of that where it was just waiting to leave Dallas and hadn't actually shipped?

Maybe a "Preparing to Ship" and then once it is shipped then the 'ShipToCanada' - would also give us some expectation of how long that wait time is in 'Prepare to Ship'... I don't know..just frustrating when you know it's only a 22 hr drive
Post 62 IP   flag post
Also for CBCS Canada

A 3rd pickup option to pickup in Dallas from MCS? Currently I submit a CBCS US form with local pickup
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I like the labels. I consider them the info card next to a painting at the art gallery. You don't buy the painting because of the layout of the label, but you still want to get the info in a quick manner. From a logistics perspective, I imagine this one is infinitely easier/quicker/cheaper to produce as well. I definitely wouldn't do anything that impedes that.

What I would like to see is to center the info, allowing a better read. The current label (top) has your eyes going back and forth between two areas, and then some centered info at the bottom. Center it all, so it reads top to bottom, which also leads the eyes directly down into the comic.

Post 64 IP   flag post
Sketch opportunities along with signing events?
So far during the pandemic I've used the sketch only option through CGC with Mr. Steranko and now JRJR.
With the JRJR event CGC has us going into their signature series art holder but Mr. Steranko just mailed us the art.

Would love to have a similar option with CBCS! Sketch opportunity to go into the the Art holder or even just the sketch without the holder - either would be great

With no conventions this year in my region my only option is commissions when really all I want it a Head/Bust/Full body convention type sketch
I think it would be a good option even without covid going on as not every artist makes it to shows everyone can attend

p.s. maybe some smaller press type people... or even industry legends (60's-80's) who aren't tied strictly to CGC (too many names that I could put on my wish list!!)
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Ploppy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppy
CBCS needs a real chatboard. This one is just sad.

To be very honest, as much as I would love to change the forums, it is a lower priority than other changes. Thanks for the input!

I would have added, "and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." But you are a lot nicer than I am. Another benefit of CBCS over the other grading companies.

So you're saying the President of CBCS is a nicer person than the President of CGC? 🤔
Post 66 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, Stuart.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Most of the stuff I would like to see has been mentioned. My biggest gripe is dashboard information or lack thereof. That's been mentioned quite a bit, though. That and a need for improved labels.
Something I would like to see was mentioned already, but I would like to open it up a little more. I think it would help you out tremendously to open up your Authentic Signature Program. I think most of what you have are the mail in events. I think you could open up your ASP service quite a bit if you had more witnesses available in a regional area for LCS signings. Even if you did a volunteer service where the witness either got a convention pass or even better, a select number of books of their own to submit per event. I think making it more available would increase the interest in the company when more of those start hitting the secondary market. Of course you have the vetting process for your volunteers, but that's something that would be worked out. If you had someone available in multiple states that would be available for a LCS, it would also save on you having to send a representative from the main office.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Buffalo Stu?

Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave

Thanks! You will see us there! We are planning all of our conventions for the next 6 months over the next few weeks.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Great stuff posted already!

Biggest improvement I would be tickled to see is carrying newsstand/direct edition designation beyond 2000.
Marvel had newsstand distribution through 12/2013, DC into 11/2017. Independents up through 2019, maybe later.
I’d be happy to offer up what I know to CBCS on the subject to help keep things accurate.
This is an issue your competitor has fell behind on as well; they designate some newsstands across all years, inconsistently. This is further reason to jump on it and be the best.

I second this. The other guys sort of note it, but not really. They call the moderns $3.99 price variant rather than newsstand. CBCS took the bull by the horns and put the distinction between newsstand and direct edition on their labels, but it would be nice to see it carry over until the end of Marvel and DC's distribution.

I rather have some of these modern newsstands in a CBCS slab versus CGC. The new slab design is phenomenal.
Post 71 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Buffalo Stu?

What's gnu, Stu?
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This is what I mean by slab only label vs. a graded label. I'd like the slab only label to contain all the same info as the graded label minus the grade.

The examples are #4 slab only and #5 graded book of Avengers/Invaders. I couldn't find a #4 graded.

The slab only option is just that, a way to protect and/or display your book at a lower price than grading.
We would have to charge more to hire someone to program the new label and hire someone to input information.
So, the question is, would you pay a lot more.
Anyway, thanks for the input!
Post 73 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I loved how easy it was to open the older slabs (clips) I felt so much more at ease while cracking. I think my last attempt at a CBCS cracking was tougher, but honestly can't remember. Depending on one's point of view, this all has its ups and downs.

For books I keep slabbed I liked the old rivets labels. I think they'd have been better with the numerical font from the other [shown] label.

I kinda miss the old label discussions >whistle<. Too bad it [likely] isn't a simple process to have the design chosen by the submitter online with all past and present options available to mix like a PS3 Star Wars Lego character.
I assume it wouldn't be as simple as entering the info when received, and when the time comes a quick barcode scan tells a printer what to do[?] Too 'magical', meaning too many variables to easily handle?
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:

Working on it now.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

To give credit where it's due, I've seen cbcs had a lot more cons up here in Canada than I ever expected them to be at. I found that particularly impressive.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Buffalo Stu?

No. He was asking if you were this guy Stu that adds nothing but crap to conversations.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
mistresses to keep happy,

Tell me about it! They're costing me an arm & a leg.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Buffalo Stu?

No. He was asking if you were this guy Stu that adds nothing but crap to conversations.

Stu the Human?

Post 79 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

The slab only option is just that, a way to protect and/or display your book at a lower price than grading.
We would have to charge more to hire someone to program the new label and hire someone to input information.
So, the question is, would you pay a lot more.
Anyway, thanks for the input!

I see. My apologies then. I thought all the label information for books was already in a database. I thought the only additional cost to CBCS was the additional ink used for the information.
Post 80 IP   flag post
616095 237 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?