Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics Restoration and ConservationSigning Opportunities

Help me help you!14694

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
It's all good...just like to know motivation for wanting or not wanting something.

Yeah, I think at this point we are debating the subject simply to understand why the "against" side has such strong feelings about it. I don't think there's any realistic chance it would actually happen.

Agreed. if not for the sole reason @Jesse_O gave; the potential optical misunderstanding and your reasons as well.

EDIT: but I do understand why some would be ok with it in the graders notes...primarily the collectors who have no desire to sell.
Post 226 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing is restoration, regardless of it being widely accepted in order for TPGers, Pressers and Sellers to profit from.

While profit has made this type of restoration practice more and more acceptable. It still has that “Dirty Little Secret” stigma attached to it that no dealer or seller wants to have attached to their books.

I find it very telling that pressing techniques are so taboo that they cannot be discussed on TPGing forums

Mr Borock has promptly addressed every idea mentioned here so far, but his silence on this subject is kind odd. I know it’s a controversial subject and staying politically correct is probably best, but I would like to know if he ever sees senerio where CBCS would ever release in house pressing information to their graders or note in housing pressing information on the CBCS label

Ok let the heads explode....,..
Post 227 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

EDIT: but I do understand why some would be ok with it in the graders notes...primarily the collectors who have no desire to sell.

Everyone’s a seller sooner or later
Post 228 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Mr Borock has promptly addressed every idea mentioned here so far, but his silence on this subject is kind odd

I think that Mr. Borock thanked everyone and wrapped up his part in the thread a day or 2 ago. Now it's just us kids spit-balling.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Mr Borock has promptly addressed every idea mentioned here so far, but his silence on this subject is kind odd

I think that Mr. Borock thanked everyone and wrapped up his part in the thread a day or 2 ago. Now it's just us kids spit-balling.

I don’t believe he abandoned his own thread asking forum members for their ideas after only a couple days.

It is without question a controversial discussion and as the man in charge I’m sure he has to carefully consider his comments on the subject. I apologize if I have put him between a rock and a hard place, but the subject has some strong pros and cons from both sides, and often times the best ideas forward evolve from the most spirited dialogues
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock

Hi Steve,

I only have one real problem everything else I can live with.

The customer service is offensive to your clients. When I have someone who doesn’t even know who deadpool is reading Bs off your site to me it’s much much worse than having no number to call.

Your not saving money by doing this your losing money and customers long term. I spent almost a thousand dollars (amount doesn’t matter) on my first order and felt like I was treated like dog you know what. I can call anywhere else when I purchase something what makes CBCS think they can get away with it???

I literally have hundreds of books here sorted out in press, no press, modern, silver, signature verification but can’t bring myself to send them in due to brutal customer service. ( staff at the con were amazing.)

Why would I trust you with high end keys worth 5 figures when I can’t even phone you?? It’s bizarre for a business to even expect that.

I’m being harsh but I think it’s important. The product you’re handling is as valuable as gold, diamonds and high end artwork these days. The service should reflect that as people are anxious about their things.

In any case it’s just my personal opinion and I hope you’re doing well. Not trying to hurt anyone but help you understand what I think is crippling to any business. I want to use your services often. Thanks for reading!!!

Best.
Post 231 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
+1 to KYDU's statement.
As a new customer coming over, this is a concern for me the more I read about it being an issue for current members.
I can only say that I would gladly pay $1 more per comic graded for excellent customer service that was well informed and responsive.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 he was given a ton of ideas already, maybe he's just busy sifting through those and working on suggestions instead of reading people argue about grades notes saying a book was pressed or not.

Just making this thread and responding as much as he has already is more than I've seen from any other grading company.
Post 233 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Mr Borock has promptly addressed every idea mentioned here so far, but his silence on this subject is kind odd. I know it’s a controversial subject and staying politically correct is probably best, but I would like to know if he ever sees senerio where CBCS would ever release in house pressing information to their graders or note in housing pressing information on the CBCS label

BQuote:
Quote:

That's exactly what happened. I can't spend way too much time on the forums as I have a TON of work to do and this has morphed into a debate that I should not keep reading. The pressing arguments have been around for a long while and I no longer get involved.

This thread has been a way for "help me help you" to really try and do just that.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your helpful comments!

Thanks again
Post 234 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
@sborock

Hi Steve,

I only have one real problem everything else I can live with.

The customer service is offensive to your clients. When I have someone who doesn’t even know who deadpool is reading Bs off your site to me it’s much much worse than having no number to call.

Your not saving money by doing this your losing money and customers long term. I spent almost a thousand dollars (amount doesn’t matter) on my first order and felt like I was treated like dog you know what. I can call anywhere else when I purchase something what makes CBCS think they can get away with it???

I literally have hundreds of books here sorted out in press, no press, modern, silver, signature verification but can’t bring myself to send them in due to brutal customer service. ( staff at the con were amazing.)

Thank you! We are actually working on that.

Why would I trust you with high end keys worth 5 figures when I can’t even phone you?? It’s bizarre for a business to even expect that.

I’m being harsh but I think it’s important. The product you’re handling is as valuable as gold, diamonds and high end artwork these days. The service should reflect that as people are anxious about their things.

In any case it’s just my personal opinion and I hope you’re doing well. Not trying to hurt anyone but help you understand what I think is crippling to any business. I want to use your services often. Thanks for reading!!!

Best.

Thank you! We are addressing that as well.
Post 235 IP   flag post
@sborock
Thanks for chiming in and for the interaction with the forum members and their ideas. It’s not often you see the top brass willing to rub elbows with the common folk. That says a lot about the integrity and intent CBCS has a company still trying to navigate its way through the highly competitive field of Third Party Authentication. We are lucky to have such devoted person Manning the ship here at CBCS.

Best Regards
John
Post 236 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sborock
Thanks for chiming in and for the interaction with the forum members and their ideas. It’s not often you see the top brass willing to rub elbows with the common folk. That says a lot about the integrity and intent CBCS has a company still trying to navigate its way through the highly competitive field of Third Party Authentication. We are lucky to have such devoted person Manning the ship here at CBCS.

Best Regards
John

Thanks for the kind words and input!
Post 237 IP   flag post
601253 237 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?