Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleQuestions

Ebay New Listing Format Help & Questions Thread14687

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I had a specific question so I created this thread to allow forum members to ask questions and provide advice to others.

Please leave complaints or ideas for ebay management to other threads so we can keep this thread as a resource specifically for helping each other to get out listings up and to sell more items on ebay successfully.

My question has to do with the required entry for item condition.

Ebay forces us to choose among the following options:

Brand New
Like New
Very Good
Good
Acceptable

It seems to me that choosing Brank New or Like New for any graded comic open to an item not as described claim (with the possible exception of 9.4 or above).

As graded comics use specific terminology very good and good mean that this book is in terrible condition (especially if we are talking about modern books).

I would appreciate any feedback on this one.

Discussion regarding which categories are a good use of time and which are better skipped might also be helpful.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
This is ridiculous. Does eBay consider condition to mean just the comic or the slab as well? In case of the latter, a 9.8 could be encased in a scratched/scuffed slab, meaning the overall condition would be good/acceptable.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
This is ridiculous. Does eBay consider condition to mean just the comic or the slab as well? In case of the latter, a 9.8 could be encased in a scratched/scuffed slab, meaning the overall condition would be good/acceptable.

I am putting acceptable for all of my listings.

Here is an example:

Strange Tales # 150
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos That condition change tweeked me when I first saw it. It is definitely a WTF situation that ebay should change. Condition should be grade of 0.1 - 10.0. But, in the absence of such i am placing 9.- at new. 7-9 @ like new or used good depending on eye appeal and everything else base on closest description to grade.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Scifinator That is why I selected acceptable.

That way I can leave the same box checked regardless of what I am listing.

I prefer to use existing listings as templates to save work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
im just saying "like new" on everything and then very clearly stating actual grade. I did list one VG comic so I went with "very good" on that one for consistencies sake. If a buyer complains that a comic I sell them is not "like new" when I state multiple times that it is around 5.0-6.0 then there is something wrong with that buyer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
im just saying "like new" on everything and then very clearly stating actual grade. I did list one VG comic so I went with "very good" on that one for consistencies sake. If a buyer complains that a comic I sell them is not "like new" when I state multiple times that it is around 5.0-6.0 then there is something wrong with that buyer.

You could do that and it would be fairly accurate but selecting acceptable as your default means you can ingnore it as it would not need to be changed based upon the grade of the slab.

I suppose if buyers filtered their searches using this category that it would be worth bothering with on a case to case basis for each listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
After getting in about 20 listings I just realized that selecting the genre (superhero) might have been a good idea.

Man this is a lot more work!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
If a seller lists a book as anything other than acceptable, a dubious buyer could just declare the slab to be scratched/scuffed and easily win a not as described claim.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Scifinator That is why I selected acceptable.

That way I can leave the same box checked regardless of what I am listing.

I prefer to use existing listings as templates to save work.

Good decision. Nothing good can come from choosing a higher level, only bad.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector comixfan59 private msg quote post Address this user
I listed a CBCS NM 9.8 Thor #1 as "Brand New" which is what that grade would be considered under Ebay's limited designations and pre filled Bullshit. It seems like Ebay is getting just worse and worse and why? Is it some corporate muckety muck who feels the need to justify is over paid position? If so I hope their Legs grow together and they fall on their face. Thanos was right.
Sooner or later someone will replace Ebay with a more user and buyer friendly format and just let people list without BS interference.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixfan59
Thanos was right. Sooner or later someone will replace Ebay with a more user and buyer friendly format and just let people list without BS interference

lol, I wonder if he was short-selling their stock at the time. Sorry, this is how it read in summary view.
Post 12 IP   flag post
598060 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?