Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Spider-Man 1 1990 Yellow lizard14683

Collector BigRonnie private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie I am only attempting to raise awareness of the Copper Lizard. If the Blue Lizard was recognized (and there are about 1/2 as many Coppers as Blue) as a Variant, why wouldn't this be considering it is the same exact book/error/issue?

I appreciate that I have strong opinions, but they are based in fact and reason, not whims and hypocrisies. I am consistent, and that is all I am asking CBCS to be.

The book is selling for real money raw, and has been for over 2 years now. If the Blue lizard is recognized, the Copper deserves to be as well.

I was a part of the discussion that brought the Blue Lizard to light, and lots of people care about this book. Trust me, I run an SM#1 page on FB with 300 serious members. When things don't make sense, expect people to ask why. I've been asked, so I am now asking again.

This does not make sense. CBCS needs to be consistent. I'd be fine if they downgraded the Blue Lizard to a Manufacturing error just for consistency. They are the same book with the same affected pages/plates/panels. Label them the same. It's the same book.
Post 51 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie The Lizard errors are only in the unbagged Silver cover (with a price). The bagged Silver cover (without a price on the book) did not have the Lizard errors.

Thanks. Going to be hard finding more, many people are searching for these now. I have 2 and I just want to get them graded.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonnie
@Jabberwookie I am only attempting to raise awareness of the Copper Lizard. If the Blue Lizard was recognized (and there are about 1/2 as many Coppers as Blue) as a Variant, why wouldn't this be considering it is the same exact book/error/issue?

I appreciate that I have strong opinions, but they are based in fact and reason, not whims and hypocrisies. I am consistent, and that is all I am asking CBCS to be.

The book is selling for real money raw, and has been for over 2 years now. If the Blue lizard is recognized, the Copper deserves to be as well.

I was a part of the discussion that brought the Blue Lizard to light, and lots of people care about this book. Trust me, I run an SM#1 page on FB with 300 serious members. When things don't make sense, expect people to ask why. I've been asked, so I am now asking again.

This does not make sense. CBCS needs to be consistent. I'd be fine if they downgraded the Blue Lizard to a Manufacturing error just for consistency. They are the same book with the same affected pages/plates/panels. Label them the same. It's the same book.

And when you say it like this, I think you’re making a stronger case.

I do hope things get worked out on that. I’m not sure I’d say it’s a variant, but the market is always in flux and you never know what changes are coming.

Thanks for that info. I’ve got a gold and the standard bagged one.

I had low expectations I’d find one, but I got lucky in having a newsstand Star Wars 68 so I never know what I might find.

I’ll definitely keep an eye out when I can.

Good luck!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I finally got around to checking my copies. While I didn’t find any with the error as extreme as the original one shown in the first post I did notice some variations of color across them.

I’m a big fan of this issue and have multiples of all the variants except the “Blue Lizard” error, and I guess now the “Copper Lizard” error. I’ve stayed away from Blue Lizard because I could never justify the price for what I consider an error rather than a variant. I’d love for the label to switch from calling it a variant to simply a manufacturer error, maybe then it will bring those prices down to earth.

For kicks here are the variations of color I found in 3 of the 6 silver issues I have.

Post 54 IP   flag post
@bythegram I actually have a one off gold Cover with that Lizard coloration as well. I don't think it's common enough to be anything in the future. I never mentioned it, but it's in my set. NFS
Post 55 IP   flag post

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't get a chance to look but after reading the comment sections here im.not really worried about it. I agree with Mediaslave in the regards that this is even a thing. I love spider-man and I got a great deal on this book 4 years ago. So in that aspect I'm just happy to have it.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
I didn't get a chance to look but after reading the comment sections here im.not really worried about it. I agree with Mediaslave in the regards that this is even a thing. I love spider-man and I got a great deal on this book 4 years ago. So in that aspect I'm just happy to have it.

It is a sweet book.

I was pretty down on 90s comics but still got 2 of those and NM 98, so I must be getting soft in my old age...lol!
Post 57 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie I found it at nycc in 2017 for 20 bucks lol I was like yeah, I'm buying this lol
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
I struggle to call this an error. Seems more like a slight anomaly. Like I said it just seems like the saturation levels were running low. It's not like the ink disappeared entirely like that copy of Spawn number one that had no black ink. That's a real big oopsie.

What I would wonder though is if that means there are Grady ated levels of this book. As in going from Full green to a copper ish colour, and about a million variations in between. It's not often that the machine runs out of ink instantly, it's usually a bit of a gradual process. The printer will usually catch the process and up the amount of ink being used. It makes me wonder if there are copper ish lizards and bluish lizards out there, maybe some turquoise ones... who knows
Post 59 IP   flag post
601511 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?