Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Spider-Man 1 1990 Yellow lizard14683

Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, everyone hope everything is going great and everyone is healthy.

I have a question, I always come here for answers. I bought a Spider-Man 1 1990 Silver Edition with a manufacture defect of a yellow or gold lizard. CBCS is the only one which recognizes the blue lizard manufacturing defect. So does CBCS acknowledge this yellow/gold lizard as a defect? Let me know so I can submit it ASAP. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I have this book, I should check mine now.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Here is an example of a Spider-Man 1 silver 1990 blue lizard raw (selling it just saying $600 shipped) and a CBCS 9.8 I see CBCS called it a Variant. Also included all three to have a comparable

Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Following

Checking copies when I get home
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Ploppy private msg quote post Address this user
Variant? 😳 πŸ˜† Can't wait for someone to call it a key too πŸ˜„
Post 5 IP   flag post
ME TOO!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppy
Variant? 😳 πŸ˜† Can't wait for someone to call it a key too πŸ˜„

Key: first McFarlane Spider-Man story + art in series. πŸ˜‹
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
This many years, and I’ve never seen a yellow. Something new every day
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
huh....guess I should check mine?
Post 9 IP   flag post
If anyone else finds one let me know. There is a guy who keeps track of them.

I just want to know if CBCS will grade it as a yellow or golden lizard (golden lizard sounds soooo cool). They do the blue one
Post 10 IP   flag post
Direct edition green background has green lizard. I remember my newsstand had a green lizard

Cracking β€œno price” Silver to check. It needs CPR anyway

Post 11 IP   flag post
Green Lizzy

Post 12 IP   flag post
You opened your up to check it. Wow
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider

I'm too lazy to even check my raw copy, let alone crack a slab
Post 14 IP   flag post
2 Green, 2 Gold...only 1 silver and still in it's bag...will leave it there I guess
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
I now have a reason to submit to CBCS. #YOLO #noregrets #cgcpuddling #livinglifeontheedge
Post 16 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The CBCS population report lists the blue, but not a yellow. You could probably send it in with it noted and it'd probably be added to the population report or possibly marked as a production error. I'll see if I can get a more definitive answer on Monday.

Post 17 IP   flag post
when do we crown......

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll dig out some raws and check mine today. Might as well join in the fun
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get why this is even a thing. I understand a major colour variance, like the Black and White covers of Venom Lethal Protector. I get that.

This is a minor ink saturation issue. Its not even copper, its just light green-ish. I could see it if he was entirely purple or red or something...but this one I don't quite get.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector BigRonnie private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, Big Ronnie here. Unless I know the original poster, there are now 10 copies of this book known. I own 2. Incredibly rare. I have been tracking this book for almost 4y now and have only come across 10. I keep track of the sales as well, the last 2 sold went for $1,000 cash and $2,000 trade. True stories.

CGC used to recognize the Blue Lizard, now does not.
CBCS recognized the Blue Lizard.
Neither recognize the Copper Lizard.......yet.....

https://www.keycollectorcomics.com/issue/spider-man-1-error-2,317263/

If anyone would like to see the biggest, broadest & sexiest SM#1 collection in the Multiverse, take a deep breath, then click here........... https://photos.app.goo.gl/s9yhR1rLgMFc6j7r6
Post 21 IP   flag post
Another note here. The Lizard errors have only ever been found in the unbagged Silver, so sorry to the guy who cracked the poly-bagged Silver slab above......
Post 22 IP   flag post
BigRonnie we have spoken in the past via FB. Still only 9 in the Club. I was hopeful someone from CBCS would give us some insight if they would consider grading this AMAZING BOOK. Hope to hear from someone. By the way BigRonnie is not playing when it comes to Spider-Man 1. King πŸ‘‘ for real. Love the books you have
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider I had let Ronnie know about your thread because I knew he could add some more information on this yellow/copper Lizard issue you have. I believe I checked all of my copies but all were blue Lizard, McFarlane's store was on my route when I worked for Diamond in the very early 1990's so I was fortunate to have him sign everything Spider-Man related that I had back in the day.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@KatKomics we should crown @BigRonnie the KING πŸ‘‘
Thank you @Kinsella5 for making the connection. This Forum is amazing thanks I hope to mail mine in for grading
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonnie
Another note here. The Lizard errors have only ever been found in the unbagged Silver, so sorry to the guy who cracked the poly-bagged Silver slab above......
no need to be sorry. it was getting cracked anyway. It had puddling that was affecting the book; this gave me reason to do it before putting another sub together.

I’m sorry someone wrote all over you books πŸ˜‹
Post 26 IP   flag post
If anyone is interested, I run an SM#1 Facebook Group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/doomdoomdoom
Post 27 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash I hated signed books until I looked at the values. I 100% realize that it decreases the pool of buyers for a book, because not everyone can pony up for sigs, but it ALWAYS ALWAYS increases the price. I collect value, not comics.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Ploppy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I was hopeful someone from CBCS would give us some insight if they would consider grading this AMAZING BOOK.

πŸ˜„ Mediaslave has it right, this book is garbageπŸ—‘
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Ploppy You know nothing. I just told you the last 2 sales of this book were $1k & $2k. I guess because it isn't on the free version of GoCollect, you have no awareness of it. Clown.

Ploppy is garbage.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600882 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?