Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

first time ever submissions >>14658

Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Hello >>..YES, i have read the newbie guide

I mailed off my books to Oakville and they show delivered as of May 10

I have NOT been charged yet, as i chose to add an account in leu sending cash or cheque.

My question is 2 fold ,>> ...when should i be expecting to see the withdrawal ...when it gets to Texas or when it is in Canada ( will i be notified?),...and when does it begin to show in the system?

I choose press screen so i am aware there will be another charge when that is decided.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
you are typically billed when the books are received at the CBCS office. That is also when they appear on your account. CBCS Canada orders are different in some ways but I don’t know if that includes changes to the steps above. A member who’s used the Canadian office would be more knowledgable about that.

Additionally, there is currently a bit of a delay in getting books checked in at the Dallas office so it may be some time before the dashboard reflects that they have arrived
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler
My March order was received at the Oakville location on March 10th (per mail tracking) but I did not get the received e-mail from CBCS until April 27 - and was charged at that time.

If yours follows the same sort of time line I would not expect to have it shown as received or to get charged for another 2 weeks?

The CBCS Canada location is an "office" only in name - there are currently no CBCS staff there. There is a warehouse with what looks like a few loading bays in the back and an office up front (google streets/earth). Basically you can rent a unit inside can have your own climate control. Each unit will have big rolling doors for a forklift to go through and can be sealed but also have access to the loading bays thorough a common corridor.
With no CBCS staff on site they would be paying to have books received, packed and shipped to CBCS US (likely staff from another unit or a 3rd party co-packer (common service provided by lots of companies will re-sticker your item for export, or re-pack your items into multi-packs/gift packs etc.etc. for nominal fee)

Some other unit is likely receiving our books in the office and then placing them in the CBCS Unit where they get packed and sent to the US

When the border was open and the 1 CBCS Canada staff could make it to the office (from the US) things were much smoother and faster!

each white square would be climate control for each rental unit in the warehouse

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Nemlack private msg quote post Address this user
So are you saying that the CBCS Canada Office (Oakville) does not do any grading and encapsulating onsite? What's its purpose then? If I were to drop-off comics to the Oakville location, would I have to pack them for mailing anyway or could I just drop off my comics in a regular comic box?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemlack
So are you saying that the CBCS Canada Office (Oakville) does not do any grading and encapsulating onsite? What's its purpose then? If I were to drop-off comics to the Oakville location, would I have to pack them for mailing anyway or could I just drop off my comics in a regular comic box?

Nope... All grading and encapsulating is done in TEXAS. The Oakville location is a company that simply distributes goods to and from the US without dinging us with duty fees.

If you drop your books off in person in Oakville, just put the CBCS address for Texas.

Being from Nova Scotia, I labeled my parcel as "CBCS [with Oakville address]"
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Nemlack main benefit is cheaper postage and no hassle with FedEx and bogus customs/brokerage fees.
They always try to nail you with fake fees, mostly you can get them waived but last time I had to speak to 3? different people getting bounced from group to group!

Currently Oakville is not doing in person drop offs or pickups - after the border opens that service should be good again. I've never done it so you may have to call them when they are open again to confirm. I would think you could just drop off the books....like handing them to CBCS at a convention...but again, never done it yet so not sure.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Would be sweet to have in Canada pressing/grading....but the submission #'s would have to be pretty high yes?

Right now they have 1 employee...for on site you would need what...4 or 5 minimum? 3 to grade and 1 to press...maybe you could have a person who does both..and an extra body so people could go on vacation or get sick with out shutting the place down (since process is supposed to be books looked at by 3 people)
Post 7 IP   flag post
We should START a CANADIAN Comic grading Service...and i would work for Min wage there>>DREAM job >!!!

WE can use my last name >>Gretzky Graded Services ( GGS ) ...$25 a book first 10 books no limits.>>WHAT DO YOU THINK>???

We would have a MONOPOLOY <<>>!! $$$$ LMAO
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
We should START a CANADIAN Comic grading Service...and i would work for Min wage there>>DREAM job >!!!

WE can use my last name >>Gretzky Graded Services ( GGS ) ...$25 a book first 10 books no limits.>>WHAT DO YOU THINK>???

Gretzky eh???...would every book grade out at 9.9?
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Now that's funny!! Great post! lol!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Post 11 IP   flag post
We would INDEED have to make that a grade available >>9.9 << >>>ACTUALLY>> getting a "Gretzky" 9.9 might even be "coveted" If the powers that be are listening, >>franchise<??>> lol

I dont think its just a good idea ..I THINK ITS>> "GREAT ONE "
..im sorry, i HAD to ..... lmao
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
We would INDEED have to make that a grade available >>9.9 << >>>ACTUALLY>> getting a "Gretzky" 9.9 might even be "coveted" If the powers that be are listening, >>franchise<??>> lol

I dont think its just a good idea ..I THINK ITS>> "GREAT ONE "
..im sorry, i HAD to ..... lmao

@Tyler First Time submission has got you all giddy. Like a teenager with a crush...Already planning a wedding.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
I wonder if there is a mech in place to track them once they get to
Toronto, and throughout their journey south? If not>>>>
I know it is a bit more work BUT..if Canadian submissions are given a
"Canadian Submitting number" and they put THAT on the bottom (side) of the package. When the person picking up the packages get there...they can take a pic the "number" on the box and mark it as in system or forward the pic to Texas and you 'all do it there >?

@steveborock
Post 15 IP   flag post
600649 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?