Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleQuestions

Ebay - WTF is Gallery Plus Fee14633

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
So today when I was checking ebay payments to find out what the actual fees were on some recent sold items I noticed this little gem:

Gallery Plus Fee for item number XXX $2.00
Gallery Plus Fee for item number XXX $1.00

I don't know about you guys but not all of my books have the kind of margins that I can just pay and extra $1 - $2 per book for no reason.

I plant to contact ebay today to try to shut this down.

Has anyone experienced this?

Is this a one time fee or something monthly?

I would appreciate any feedback.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos it is a fee for a listing that has enhanced gallery upgrade for better visibility.

There is Gallery and the then there is GALLERY PLUS
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
That is a result of the new category changes. Listings are being moved from one category to another, and pick up any costs that apply to the new category. Perhaps your listing existed in a category that had FREE Gallery Plus. Now it moved to one that doesn't. So you get charged (thank you, sir, may I have another?).

Every time it gets relisted, it will have that upcharge. You can call to try to have the current charges removed, since it was not your intention to buy that upgrade. Hopefully they will agree to credit you. Also, you can end the listings that are up, and relist them without the enhancement so that you are all set for the future.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15 I should hope so as I never authorized any upgrades.

A $1 monthly fee per book will greatly reduce the books I can afford to list on ebay.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the part that applies in the ebay announcement:

"Generally speaking, when your item(s) is moved to a new category with different final value fees, it will adopt the final value fees of that new category. Insertion fees and optional listing upgrade fees will also be based on the new destination category. "

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I stopped selling on ebay years ago when i figured out it wasnt a level playing field, buyers to sellers. Complaints always seem to be found in the buyers favor and the very service you hire to protect your money generated, paypal, was in working together with ebay to allow them to freely take it any time they chose to. Add to that the ability of a buyer to leave a multi level damaging feedback compared to the seller alternative of just positive or nothing. You have to watch ebay every single sale, step and move you make nowdays and if you dont realize that and do so, you are likely to get taken more often. When ebay began these arcane practices I abandoned the place except to purchase things.

On the bright side, given how you recently posted about selling all those big ticket books worth thousands, I am sure you will survive
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just got off of the phone with ebay.

My best guess is that when I put up the listings ebay decided to give me this service for free.

Changing the categories may have ended the freebie.

They are going to credit the $7.00 I was charged on six of my items this morning.

I asked them if they could remove the service on all of my listings but was told that I would have to fix them one by one.

They notated the account and advised me to contact them if I am charged any of these fees in the future.

For anyone that wants to fix this issue there is a box below the pictures in a listing that adds this service if checked.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I am going through my listings now and it seems like this box was checked on all 1,762 listings.

The fun never stops.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I am going through my listings now and it seems like this box was checked on all 1,762 listings.

The fun never stops.

See you in a few days!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

The fun never stops.

See you in a few days!

Worst part is that the stack of silver age Strange Tales books on my desk will have to wait a couple more days to get listed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

The fun never stops.

@drchaos - Maybe you were hacked by @ebaymafia
Post 11 IP   flag post
601487 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?