Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

From The Collection of Frank Miller Book - questions14623

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I was going through the collection I have been helping my son put together. I found a Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1 that is signed by Miller, Janson, Azzarello, and Kubert. It is a CGC yellow label. The interesting thing I saw on the label is that it states it is "FROM THE COLLECTION OF FRANK MILLER".

Has anyone else seen a book labeled that way? Do you think it does anything to the value?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ploppy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I was going through the collection I have been helping my son put together. I found a Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1 that is signed by Miller, Janson, Azzarello, and Kubert. It is a CGC yellow label. The interesting thing I saw on the label is that it states it is "FROM THE COLLECTION OF FRANK MILLER".

Has anyone else seen a book labeled that way? Do you think it does anything to the value?

They've labeled several collections like this such as Nic Cage, Dallas Stephens, Don Rosa, Al Williamson, Harlan Ellison, Don and Maggie Thompson, etc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Yes. CGC and CBCS Collections are similar to Pedigrees though they have far less stringent requirements
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Towmater Yes. If pre-arranged with CBCS, a creator can submit books directly to CBCS or if the book is picked up from the creator at a show with a CBCS Witness they may qualify for the “From the collection of...” notation on the label

These are two different things at CGC. The "from the collection of" has nothing to do with the SS program and it doesn't have to be a creator.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Ploppy Yes, I saw my mistake and corrected it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Towmater Yes. CGC and CBCS Collections are similar to Pedigrees though they have far less stringent requirements

The only requirement is spending a lot of money with the slabbing company lol
Mr. Magic Woo?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Siggy has quite a few books from the collection of Mike Royer for instance, and several boardies have posted items from other similar collections.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I have a signed DD180 that's a Frank Miller file copy. I have the COA from the CBLDF (it was part of a fundraiser). I submitted it with the book but it didn't make it to the label.

Just says Signed by Frank Miller
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

However that turns out, that’s still pretty cool!

Congrats on the find!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
I have several of the "From The Collection Of Frank Miller" DKIII's. I determined to buy all the newsstand copies graded and x4 signed plus a few variants the same way. Good looking collection! Look up reecesrarecomics.com for the collection. Plenty high grades left.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler

Thanks!
Post 11 IP   flag post
600762 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?