Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver Age

Best mailing service and option for book insured at 500 and over?14597

Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
@robo Is the Daredevil #1 a book you’re thinking to sell?
will post here first and let ya know
Post 26 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I always ship USPS (on or off Ebay).
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector JGRNOT private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, noob here

Trying to keep up front costs down; do most of you enter the value of the book in your order form or buy insurance from the carrier. Because the former seems to double the price.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would enter the true value of your book and buy insurance.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
One thing I never skimp on is shipping insurance. In fact, I often overestimate the value for shipping. If anything happens, I don't want to be the only one getting screwed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Plain manila envelope, no bag & board, by media mail.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRNOT
Hi, noob here

Trying to keep up front costs down; do most of you enter the value of the book in your order form or buy insurance from the carrier. Because the former seems to double the price.

@JGRNOT I assume you are talking about CBCS shipments? You need to enter the true Fair Market Value of the books. It's not just about the insurance, it's about how much the slabbing is going to cost. Now maybe I fudge a little, but I enter my best estimate of FMV now, not after slabbing. If a book has FMV of $250 at 9.8, I would not enter that value before it actually receives a 9.8. I would enter the $100 that I could expect to sell it for today raw...or if it came back less than 9.8.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I can't remember which is better an African or a European swallow?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple question of weight ratios. A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector JGRNOT private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia yeah CBCS shipment. All books I'm wanting to send places them in the 2 day modern category. So I was curious about needing actual FMV or not. Ty for the response.
Post 35 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRNOT
Hi, noob here

@JGRNOT I assume you are talking about CBCS shipments? You need to enter the true Fair Market Value of the books. It's not just about the insurance, it's about how much the slabbing is going to cost. Now maybe I fudge a little, but I enter my best estimate of FMV now, not after slabbing. If a book has FMV of $250 at 9.8, I would not enter that value before it actually receives a 9.8. I would enter the $100 that I could expect to sell it for today raw...or if it came back less than 9.8.

In my opinion, you should place the maximum amount before it changes tiers. That way you get the most protection out of your estimated book.

Just my opinion
Post 36 IP   flag post
600683 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?