18 Near Mint 2 0.5 USD 7/1/1981
19 Near Mint 1 0.5 USD 8/1/1981
20 Near Mint 1 0.5 USD 9/1/1981
21 Near Mint 1 0.5 USD 10/1/1981
22 Near Mint 1 0.5 USD 11/1/1981
23 Near Mint 1 0.5 USD 12/1/1981
24 Near Mint 1 0.6 USD 1/1/1982
25 Near Mint 2 1 USD 2/1/1982

So lets caliberate >>Nm = no less than an 8.5 and up.....VF is 7-8.5.....fine is 6-7...>>
WHAT do you think this collection is worth grading?

Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely number 1. The rest I would pass personally. I haven't noticed the other issues going up. But I could be mistaken. (Wouldn't be the first time)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3 ..one was buried between a #2 and #3
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Newsstand on the 3rd as well?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Seems i have 3 copies of that issue and i have 2 different types, so..yes?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The issue itself notwithstanding but are newsstands from 1979 more desired?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I would only grade #1 as well. Maybe the last issue or two due to lower print runs but also depends on condition.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

From what I recall newsstand of she hulk 1 generates a slightly higher return than direct.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The She Hulks haven’t moved yet for the most part other than #1’s and some cheesecake issues like this one, which is likely worth grading now, in high grade. I am waiting too, except #1.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Ploppy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Studley_Dudley

From what I recall newsstand of she hulk 1 generates a slightly higher return than direct.
Weren't the direct copies the harder ones to find back then?
Post 10 IP   flag post
No idea. But these two screenshots are relatively close in terms of ebay sales. The pictures show newsstand sold for a bit more.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppy
Quote:
@Studley_Dudley

1979 was a timeframe that newsstand copies outnumbered direct. Paying a premium for a copy from that era strikes me as barcode chasing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

I would imagine real collectors know the time brackets when newsstands actually were more rare. But speculation runs rampant nowadays and a cursory knowledge is dangerous when coupled with deep pockets....
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Bronte True words indeed.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppy
Quote:
@Studley_Dudley

1979 was a timeframe that newsstand copies outnumbered direct. Paying a premium for a copy from that era strikes me as barcode chasing.

Late 70s/early 80s we have fewer direct issues. Mid/late 80s direct to newsstand about 50/50. early 90s the direct had 80ish % of the market.

Most likely mis information is driving the price. However it would make sense for a collector to place a premium on either one to have a uniform run/series.

Example:
My spawn collection is/was mostly direct. I sold my early spawn newstand copies when I acquired a nice direct copy replacement to be uniform and the direct copy does not have anything in place of a barcode. The direct spawns have a cleaner appearance to me. If I had to choose a 9.8 Spawn 1 either direct or newsstand for the same price; I would pick the direct. Not for rarity, value, etc, but strictly for appearance sake.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Just saw my 8.5 or better drop to a 4.0>>4.5>? what do you think?
Looks like someone cut something on top of the book and the pressure went through. the paper is solid. I almost thought it might be a defect in printing and cutting but...matters not

Post 16 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler ouch
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Tyler ouch
@Tyler so it’s for sale now 😉
Post 18 IP   flag post
597893 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?