Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

Coming attractions14576

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently pulling together over 300 books for my upcoming June submission.

I thought I would share this group shot of some of the books.

I might add some more tomorrow depending on how tight my schedule is.

Enjoy!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Everything is all organized for my CBCS submission tomorow:

Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post

Getting one other book re-holdered but everything else is in the pictures.

After grading all of the books are going to My Comic Shop on consignment.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I gotta ask ... what's the title of the comic book I circled in red?

Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@drchaos I gotta ask ... what's the title of the comic book I circled in red?

Dawn 2 Mystery Book variant, 5,000 made all signed by Joseph Linsner.

Great cover.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Garden STate comic fest?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Garden STate comic fest?

Dropping off there tomorrow.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I see that nice Ka-Zar #1 off in the corner. That's my current "I can't stop buying them" book
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I see that nice Ka-Zar #1 off in the corner. That's my current "I can't stop buying them" book

It is a very cool book that too many people are sleeping on.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got any Dakota North?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos looks like a small submission...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@drchaos looks like a small submission...

Need the big shows to start up again.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Got any Dakota North?

Maybe next time.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I am currently pulling together over 300 books

I see your 300 books (awesome collection by the way). and raise you to the 500+ Comics I submitted last week.

I submitted a near full run of Marvel GI Joe ARAh, a full run of Silver Surfer vol 3 #1-146 + 7 annuals, Micronauts 1-31, plus some other comics.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Out of curiosity, what’s the shipping damage on 500 slabs?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers - shipping 500+ slabs would be about $1,100, but thankfully, a good number are going to be picked up by MCS, so I anticipate shipping to be about 200-300. Some of the comics will be shipped back to me to fill in holes or if an upgrade.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Do you big ballers send everything in one invoice submission...or do you break them up based on some critera? Are to books that are coming back to you submitted on a separate invoice from the books going to MCS?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia -Yes
Post 19 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
LOL....I figure 10 or 15 books is a bog submission!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator @drchaos

Either of you care to explain the step-by-step logistics of having books picked up by MCS? I'm thinking that A) It should be pre-determined on your submission invoice to CBCS? and B) You need to have the grades before you can even submit the books to MCS for approval?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Me too! I think 20 is the most I’ve ever done at once.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - I crack myself up. I really just wanted to see what your reaction/comments would be. I didn't get much of a rise out of you though.

In the past, I did put as much as I could fit on an invoice. I stopped doing that for a couple of reasons. One, it makes it easier on CBCS if the submission batches are smaller, Two, it typically costs less per book to ship back in batches of about 30.

So, Yes, as I now break up, again, I enter submissions typically of same title book (issue 1,2,3...) since using CBCS copy feature speeds of the entry process as I usually only have to change issue and sometimes the date. I also try to separate submissions by pre75/post75 as one or the other may have a longer TAT, so no sense having them grade books and being them sit around waiting for the other category to catch up. For same reason, I will typically separate press or no press submissions unless I really want a run with sequential certification numbers.

And, Yes, I will typically try to separate submissions that are coming back to me from submissions that are going to MCS. Example, they 153 Silver Surfer runs are split. Since I have no graded SS Vol 3 from #101-146 or Annuals graded yet in my Force Ghost collection(FGc), those 53 comics went on two submissions of 30 each being shipped back to me. Since I have most of #'s 1-100 already in 9.6-9.8 here in my FGc those new 100 were submitted in one batch and will be picked up by MCS directly from CBCS as I expect most will be put up for sale. If there are any 9.8's that are an upgrade for my FGc, or if there is a 9.6-9.8 in the submission that fills a FGc hole, I will have MCS send those few back to me.

Now you added a couple of new questions in your response "You need to have the grades before you can even submit the books to MCS for approval?" - No, this is not the case for graded comics. For raw comics yes. "explain the step-by-step logistics of having books picked up by MCS?" When I go to check out of the CBCS submit comics cart, I choose "Pick up at CBCS office" in the shipping option. This will generate a $5.00 fee for shipping/handling on my invoice. When the comics have moved through CBCS production and are in "Shipping", I send Este @MCS an email to notify her of my CBCS submission # and the comics in the submission and that they are ready for pickup. After MCS makes their run to pick up those and other comics, they will enter them into they system and scan and when done, they end up in my consignment "need to be assigned a price or put in auction" section and I then price them for listing. That usually takes 1-2 weeks, but I have seen it take as long as 5 weeks during the heights of the pandemic.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Do you big ballers send everything in one invoice submission...or do you break them up based on some critera? Are to books that are coming back to you submitted on a separate invoice from the books going to MCS?

One big invoice for me.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Scifinator @drchaos

Either of you care to explain the step-by-step logistics of having books picked up by MCS? I'm thinking that A) It should be pre-determined on your submission invoice to CBCS? and B) You need to have the grades before you can even submit the books to MCS for approval?

I think MCS is only about an hour away from CBCS.
Post 25 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator. Great explanation of your submission process, thanks. I’ve got a CBCS submission I’m putting together that is getting up to around 100 and growing.
I’m going to try the direct to MCS route this time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Great Caesars ghost!!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

And you would be correct. 300 books at once? Makes my 12 book submission feel, well now I am seriously depressed, but when I get depressed, I buy more comics to cheer me up! Vicious cycle.
Post 28 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
Quote:

And you would be correct. 300 books at once? Makes my 12 book submission feel, well now I am seriously depressed, but when I get depressed, I buy more comics to cheer me up! Vicious cycle.

My first submission to CBCS was less than 10... things have escalated. I had about 125 graded last year. This year I was going to be done but I’m on track to surpass.
Post 29 IP   flag post
My first submission was one book.

That was years ago.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597924 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?