Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For Sale

My first sales thread14572

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to you guys, I’ve been selling a little.

I wanted to offer these up here before going elsewhere.

For returns, let’s do 7 days, but if you’re not satisfied, please reach out me and we can work out something

Batman 635- first appearance of Jason Todd as Red Hood. In the previous generation CBCS case. Never pressed. I’ll take $450 shipped

Daredevil 181- death of Elektra. Never pressed. In the current CBCS case. $420 shipped

Both are 9.8 so no notes left by the grader.

If you have any questions, please send me a DM.

Thanks for looking!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
like that DD! think I read mine hard - might of dropped the 9.8 - was getting those mailed to me couldn't wait for each issue. was on edge of seat with story and art.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Love that DD 181!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
If I wasn't already locked into a bid for Bat 635 on ebay I would be highly interested.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@oakcitycomics

I’ll keep this open for a week before I put them on EBay.

Good luck!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@robo you know, I had a feeling you might appreciate that DD comic.

I read mine until it fell apart in the 80s. I really loved that Miller run.

@Rafel Thanks! I bought that off EBay, and the seller had it listed as a 9.2. I did alright there!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Looking at some sales on eBay and need to adjust my prices.

Let’s go $420 shipped on Batman and $360 shipped on Daredevil 181

Note to self: don’t check prices on your phone without putting your contacts in.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
funny Jabber I'm using your dd as my pricing structure. so 360 now from 420? look at my two pricing sites - but eBay got ya. if I remember I thought it was seeming like 410 with shipping looked spot on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Okay I see what you're looking at but lol and I dunno - looks like you are taking the lower pricing.
maybe with pressing mine's 9.8, maybe - what ya think?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@robo

Nice copy! Yours is newsstand and that’s going a little higher than my direct edition.

My crappy eyes missed the barcode. Oops!

Hope you get that pressed and graded. That’s a really nice looking copy!
Post 10 IP   flag post
was wondering about that. so a blank white rectangle is newsstand and a bar code is newsstand - I'd think it be opposite like for scanning it a register - but barcode is direct mail then. As pretty sure mine came in the mail.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@robo

If I’ve got this right, the white box with a character in it, usually Spidey is, direct.

The barcodes are newsstand.

There’s a few threads here that get more in depth on it, but those are the basics.

Those newsstand copies are kind of hot right now.

I’ve got a Star Wars 68 newsstand I’m waiting for to come out of pressing and grading.

I’ll sell that thing really fast.
Post 12 IP   flag post
think I got it now so mine is a newsstand with the barcode. your oops confused me. huh? had thought I got this miller run in the mail. maybe that was xmen? thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
No worries. My oops was because when I looked at the copies for sale, I didn’t realize they were newsstand and mine was direct.

Someone with more expertise on this than me might chime in, but newsstand used to be more common then around the 80s comic shops started popping up and direct editions became more common.

The thing about newsstands is they were sitting on spinner rack or newsstand so having one in really good condition can get you a little more than a direct edition.

I really hope you are getting yours graded.

That’ll be a nice one for your collection.

Even my other 181 is direct edition, too.

I’m totally jealous!

Edit: keep an eye on the “new to your collection” thread.

I’ve got a grail coming that I think you’ll dig ; )
Post 14 IP   flag post
601502 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?