Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleQuestions

Sales slowdown or anomoly?14567

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Scifinator, your personal attack is noted, and against forum rules. I gave LEGITMATE input, in fact verified documented sales. Sorry you do not feel the sales I noted are legitimate and concerned you would attempt to question their validity.

I am thrilled you agree and feel most everyone agrees with you, but I do not. I see no signs sales are or will soften and every indication they are headed for an even higher tempo. I am sorry that you feel the need to attempt to intimidate people who do not agree with your viewpoint.

You should perhaps not ask questions if the answers you might get vary from your ego or opinion. Perhaps an echo chamber might be better suited for that.

You have a great day and sorry you felt the need to be so rude.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BrashSmurf resolder where the book is still pretty much secured in the slab to start with should be like a week turnaround.

No grading and send to the slab and label printing dept

Maybe the box should be written all over "reholder"

I suspect they are opened with the regular submissions as they get to it

i know its my book thats over 10 weeks on a reholder. TAT are currently a blatant lie and misleading
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Towmater What announcement would that be?

I think it may be that you are no longer obligated to wear a mask inside or outside pretending to be a superhero.

And I've finally got used to looking like a masked bandit when walking into my bank.

I think that is what has made me laugh the most about this thing.

For years, wearing a mask in a bank would be a huge no-no.

Now, it’s required?!?!?

Fun times, indeed!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Damn! Even Chuck is getting in on the high prices! When will the madness stop?!

I do buy number 1s of Dakota North when I see them in NM but I'll be damned if I pay $37.50 (50% codeword is generous of Mr. Rozanski) for a number 1. I guess if I had a "spec book" this would be it but I'm not a comic investor. I'll gladly stoke the flames of nonsense though and start spreading rumors on who the next hot character in the MCU is.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:
@BrashSmurf resolder where the book is still pretty much secured in the slab to start with should be like a week turnaround.

No grading and send to the slab and label printing dept

Maybe the box should be written all over "reholder"

I suspect they are opened with the regular submissions as they get to it

i know its my book thats over 10 weeks on a reholder. TAT are currently a blatant lie and misleading

I always thought it was like a two week thing for reholders. I have plenty in TX and a few in FL. I just saw CGC's TAT on reholders is somewhere around 40 business days. I don't see CBCS' reholder TAT on the homepage. Just the rest of the tier TATs. I was hearing sixish weeks but I'm past that at this point.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@Towmater

I mean in terms of comic book sales not grading. I believe people are looking forward to conventions to buy books and sellers are looking to move more books.

Seeing how long TAT's have become in the industry, if I ran a large convention I would offer free space to a grading company if they came and graded at my show. I think it would entice people to the show in big numbers and get people through the doors that might be hesitant to venture out.

On a side note, I think that the grading companies might want to freeze new submissions until TAT's get beck to a more reasonable amount of time. Maybe look at what PSA did. I believe people would be more accepting of that than doubling your prices attempting to stem the flow of items going into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock

I don't know why some people love on site grading.

Graders are not in their usual space with their usual lighting.

Cost is very high.

Graders get over worked.

Slows down turn times for all other submitters.

More mistakes get made.

Steve, while it is a different hobby, I used to go to card/autograph shows and use JSA's autograph authentication services for many of the items that I purchased. I'd drop off items and enjoy the show while they were doing their thing. It was a convenience that I would pay extra for but they don't charge more for items at shows. Matter of fact, if I was bringing in a large number of items and there were multiple companies offering the service then I could wheel and deal on what I was going to be charged.

It should be interesting to see what happens in the future and how the companies handle a return to the old "normal".
Post 56 IP   flag post
597889 56 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?