Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor SaleQuestions

Sales slowdown or anomoly?14567

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
There are no current Disney + shows playing. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
From what I can see the market is still red hot.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Or maybe hot pink
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Sales seem robust still. There is a local LCS that does auctions all the time. They are only online these days. Someone had a bid in for $160 for issues 1-3 of Fantasy Masterpieces. These are the reprints to the original Silver Surfer run. This seems ridiculously high to me. A lot of the other items are overdbid on currently.
I sold 3 prints yesterday including 2 signed and numbered ones that are normally slow sellers. So I am pretty happy about that.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
With today's announcement, how long until things slide south on prices? I'm gonna go with late summer or the fall.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater What announcement would that be?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
With today's announcement, how long until things slide south on prices? I'm gonna go with late summer or the fall.

I've always been in agreement with Aug/Sept decline but What was the announcement that you are referring to?
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I think it may be that you are no longer obligated to wear a mask inside or outside pretending to be a superhero.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

I think it may be that you are no longer obligated to wear a mask inside or outside pretending to be a superhero.

And I've finally got used to looking like a masked bandit when walking into my bank.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
I’m so done with the mask. Only place I put it on is when I’m at the gym or a store that requires it.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I’m gonna keep wearing mine because I quit brushing my teeth during the lockdown. I assumed it was gonna be a forever thing. Stupid.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I’m gonna keep wearing mine because I quit brushing my teeth during the lockdown. I assumed it was gonna be a forever thing. Stupid.

lol Don't joke mate.

Was at my dentist a couple of weeks ago and the doc and assistant were chatting about the subject where people have let their health slide during the lock downs.

Myself I went the other way and even got my eyes checked out for the first time.
At 49 I'm doing good with my eyes such as sun damage as I lived most of my life in a sub-tropical climate.

Bad news I have prescription readers and now my comics aren't mint condition anymore 😂
Post 37 IP   flag post
So more comic book conventions will stop popping up again?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing The question will be how long until a major show with major talent, on-site grading, and major dealers has set dates that people folk too.

On-site grading would be a major draw with TAT’s being as long as they reported being in the industry.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater on site grading would save the game!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater How much would you guess they'd charge for onsite grading? I would think it would be double the price of the fastest mail-in method.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
@Towmater How much would you guess they'd charge for onsite grading? I would think it would be double the price of the fastest mail-in method.

@Donnied You would think it would have to be pretty pricey to pay for the logistics of sending those people and equipment. Unless they just go down to the local shelter and pick up a few temporary graders for the weekend.
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Towmater

I mean in terms of comic book sales not grading. I believe people are looking forward to conventions to buy books and sellers are looking to move more books.
Post 43 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@Donnied You would think it would have to be pretty pricey to pay for the logistics of sending those people and equipment. Unless they just go down to the local shelter and pick up a few temporary graders for the weekend.

I don't know why some people love on site grading.

Graders are not in their usual space with their usual lighting.

Cost is very high.

Graders get over worked.

Slows down turn times for all other submitters.

More mistakes get made.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@sborock I don't know if this is a general consensus, but I've heard the belief from customers that more lenient grades will come from onsite graders. Maybe for the reasons you mention. I had never thought about different lighting leading to different grades, but that makes sense.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

I think this is the case. Most think on-site grading means the graders will miss things and you will get better grades. Also, I highly doubt "3" graders actually look at each book.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Quote:

I don't know why some people love on site grading.

Graders are not in their usual space with their usual lighting.

Cost is very high.

Graders get over worked.

Slows down turn times for all other submitters.

More mistakes get made.
because waiting over 10 weeks on a reholder is absurd
Post 47 IP   flag post
@BrashSmurf resolder where the book is still pretty much secured in the slab to start with should be like a week turnaround.

No grading and send to the slab and label printing dept

Maybe the box should be written all over "reholder"

I suspect they are opened with the regular submissions as they get to it
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of that bubbble and how sales are slowing down...in April a Fantastic four 1, in 1.8 sold for.....9,100.00
This month a copy in 1.8 sold for.....15,250.00
Definitely sounds like its cooling off!!!

a 4.0 just sold for 21,000
An x men 1 5.0 sold for 30k in april
An x men 1 in 6.0 sold for 46k this month
Giant size x men 1 in 8.0 in April 7,999

tales of suspense 39 in 4.5 sold in April for 13,000

Strange tales 110 in April 6k for a 6.0
A 7.0 sold for over 9k

Definitely cooling off !
Post 49 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - Bottle your Sarc for some other forum. I posed a question to get legitimate input. I since posted in my other thread that my weekly sales volume dip looks to probably have been anomalous.

That said, I agree and with most of the other posters that sales are likely to soften as a combination of factors will alter spending in the coming quarters.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Scifinator, your personal attack is noted, and against forum rules. I gave LEGITMATE input, in fact verified documented sales. Sorry you do not feel the sales I noted are legitimate and concerned you would attempt to question their validity.

I am thrilled you agree and feel most everyone agrees with you, but I do not. I see no signs sales are or will soften and every indication they are headed for an even higher tempo. I am sorry that you feel the need to attempt to intimidate people who do not agree with your viewpoint.

You should perhaps not ask questions if the answers you might get vary from your ego or opinion. Perhaps an echo chamber might be better suited for that.

You have a great day and sorry you felt the need to be so rude.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BrashSmurf resolder where the book is still pretty much secured in the slab to start with should be like a week turnaround.

i know its my book thats over 10 weeks on a reholder. TAT are currently a blatant lie and misleading
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

And I've finally got used to looking like a masked bandit when walking into my bank.

I think that is what has made me laugh the most about this thing.

For years, wearing a mask in a bank would be a huge no-no.

Now, it’s required?!?!?

Fun times, indeed!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Damn! Even Chuck is getting in on the high prices! When will the madness stop?!

I do buy number 1s of Dakota North when I see them in NM but I'll be damned if I pay $37.50 (50% codeword is generous of Mr. Rozanski) for a number 1. I guess if I had a "spec book" this would be it but I'm not a comic investor. I'll gladly stoke the flames of nonsense though and start spreading rumors on who the next hot character in the MCU is.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:

i know its my book thats over 10 weeks on a reholder. TAT are currently a blatant lie and misleading

I always thought it was like a two week thing for reholders. I have plenty in TX and a few in FL. I just saw CGC's TAT on reholders is somewhere around 40 business days. I don't see CBCS' reholder TAT on the homepage. Just the rest of the tier TATs. I was hearing sixish weeks but I'm past that at this point.
Post 55 IP   flag post
619266 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?