Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

WTB / ISO Alpha Flight #11 and #1914558

Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I'm looking for as clean copies as I can find of AF #11 and #19, I would consider slabbed or raw (I am trying to find the best grade I can of each).

I am in the UK if that makes a difference.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I had doubles of those issues but sold them recently. Good luck on the search...shouldnt be too hard to find.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I had doubles of those issues but sold them recently. Good luck on the search...shouldnt be too hard to find.

Thanks, they're pretty easy to find although finding them in true high grade is pretty tricky...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldbobt
Quote:

Thanks, they're pretty easy to find although finding them in true high grade is pretty tricky...

That is true, it took me a few years of buying from various sources to complete certain runs in high grade/NM...ended up with lots of duplicates in the end and quite a few clunkers! Out of frustration I have bought some non keys CGC/CBCS slabbed because I was never able to find a raw copy in nice enough condition.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That's my plan really as every time I buy a NM it isn't!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:

It's frustrating as hell, especially when it's a comic from the 80's or 90's that should be in abundant supply! I have several unfinished runs that I constantly look for NM to fill in missing gaps, but those non key raws are often hard to track down.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It's frustrating as hell, especially when it's a comic from the 80's or 90's that should be in abundant supply! I have several unfinished runs that I constantly look for NM to fill in missing gaps, but those non key raws are often hard to track down.

It also reminds me people don't know how to grade except in the loosest sense, but they don't mind charging NM+ prices!!

If you can do enough research to find how much to charge, do a bit more and learn how to grade!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
I dont know if you found them yet, but I got really lucky piecing together the run of them. A guy was selling all but 2 issues for 100 bucks on Mercari, so I bought the run. the last 2 issues I tracked down, looking on eBay, Mercari, Etsy but I found them at MCS website. Just pulled the plug and got them there. Goo d luck in getting them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I just ran across an 11 in my collection but it’s not near mint.

Rough guess is 7-8.

You’re welcome to have it if you can’t find any others but it’s probably one you’d want to upgrade from.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
I just ran across an 11 in my collection but it’s not near mint.

Rough guess is 7-8.

You’re welcome to have it if you can’t find any others but it’s probably one you’d want to upgrade from.

That's very kind of you, although I am trying to find a high grade one (it's my new obsession!)
Post 10 IP   flag post
600737 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?