Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

May The 4th be With You!14554

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
The Link goes live at Midnight Arizona time in case you are trying to click on it.

The Flag flying in at my home.. I always change the flag depending on what's going on.. My team leading the divisions/playoffs, birthdays, St. Patricks day, etc etc.

So what is YOUR BEST STAR WARS COMIC you own, or WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE STAR WARS COMIC STORY?

Mine is Star Wars Tales #19, In to the Great Unknown, where Indiana Jones is looking for Bigfoot (Chewbacca sightings) and find a crashed Millennium Flacon with a dead Han Solo. Go Figure.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Mainly sticking to my signed books,

This awesome commission from Jae Lee

Couple of signed Siya Oum variants

Signed by cover artist Tim Bradstreer

Bradstreet again, joined by Jeremy Bulloch, the actor inside the Boba Fett suit

Bulloch, again, this time fighting Darth Vader himself, Dave Prowse

I love this painted cover and one day I’ll have it pressed and graded. Signed by Darth Vader (Dave Prowse), Darth Maul (Ray Park), writer Ron Marz, and cover artist Jon Foster

A pair of limited edition Shadow of the Empire hardcovers

First one being an Artist Proof signed by the creative team, cover artist Chris Moeller, and Dave Prowse

The second one is probably a holy grail in my collection. Signed by the creative team, cover artist Chris Moeller, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher, RIP), Darth Vader (Dave Prowse, RIP), C3-PO (Anthony Daniels), R2-D2 (Kenny Baker, RIP), Chewbacca (Peter Meyhew, RIP), Boba Fett (Jeremy Bulloch), Lando Calrisian (Billy Dee Williams), and Emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid)

And I almost forgot this commission from one of the artists that did one of the original Star Wars posters (and way too much other cool stuff to mention) and probably one of my favorite artists since childhood since I got my hands on some Marvel trading cards as a little kid

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Since you asked, here's one of my fave SW items. I got it when it was brand new.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Great books, guys!

I was going to share my raggedy reprint of SW 1, but can’t after that beautiful 9.8!

Love those signed books, too!

Great stuff to have!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I recently sold my Star Wars #1 9.4. I've never read the original Marvel run, or any of the Dark Horse stuff. I have really liked some of the newer Marvel stuff. Mostly the stuff related to Dr. Aphra. Super cool character, to me at least. Hindsight being 20/20, I never should have sold Vader #3 1:25 variant. Also love Thrawn related stuff.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

I couldn’t get into the new SW stuff.

I think it was because I was all in on the original marvel series and it just didn’t matter because it wasn’t cannon.

But, yeah I’m kicking myself for not picking up Dr. Aphra...
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Slesko private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Darth Vader 3 3rd printing first aphra getting graded by cbcs right now. These aren’t comic related but still collectibles thought I’d share. Poster signed by Dave Prowse and Anthony Daniels

Chewy signed by Peter Mayhew and Joonas Suatamo signed
Post 8 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Signed by Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, Warwick Davis, Frank Oz, Jeremy Bulloch, Ian McDiarmid, composer John Williams, writer Lawrence Kasdan and creator/producer George Lucas.
Post 9 IP   flag post
And I got these in the mail today. That was good timing!

Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
@OGJackster

Love that poster!!!

Fun fact, Peter Mayhew lived about 15 minutes from me. I was always hoping I'd run into him at a store or something. I had a friend of a friend who went to one of his annual parties and I was going to go to the next one, but sadly he died before that could happen.

I would have geeked out big time!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Some of my other oddball Star Wars things.

Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I very briefly owned the oversized Star Wars Blueprints book but unfortunately it’s condition was worse than described (broken spine) so I returned it. But it was a behemoth (that’s a standard dvd case on top of it)! Basically needed a whole table to itself
Post 16 IP   flag post
601269 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?