Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

AF 15 reprints. Fun facts14553

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have noticed that certain AF 15 reprints do not have OG cover art, but are recreations.

If we look at the 2019 $3.99 reprint compared to the original AF 15 it is an exact match. I’ve only been able to study pics of the original.

Now look at the DVD promo reprint. When compared to the OG, proportions and lines and placements do not match. There’s even a section of a building missing.

2019 reprint left- DVD promo right

Proportions of falling man and position of right hand/arm

Rooftop spectators various proportion and placement differences. Different building details, notably by spideys left foot.

And far in the distance; next to the “also in this issue” box; a lone spectator becomes a vent

Am I crazy or have we been had?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash Looks like a complete recreation.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Also the Marvel Milestones edition is the same cover as the DVD promo and Toy Biz covers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash Yep, the grids on the windows are also very different. Good catch.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash - Here's the Marvel Tales cover. It also has some of the changes you pointed out, as well as other variations.

Post 5 IP   flag post
It looks like the OG spidey has been used. Proportions seem correct and the inking and web pattern look like they match.

Very interesting that everything else would have been recreated or altered in any way.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder how this lunchbox compares. It’s from 2016, I think?

Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
I wonder how this lunchbox compares. It’s from 2016, I think?

Looks the same as the Milestone cover
Post 8 IP   flag post
600710 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?