Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPComics Silver AgeFor Sale

FOR SALE: Iron Man #1 - CBCS 4.0 - CR/OW Pages14539

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
As a seller - If you have no interest buying a book - please don't post in a sales thread.

Just pass along.

Sellers are well aware of market prices.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah , sorry no. Not interested in censorship from anyone. If you sell in a forum that is public it is open to public response.
Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
As a seller - If you have no interest buying a book - please don't post in a sales thread.

Just pass along.

Sellers are well aware of market prices.

Agreed...just clogs the thread up.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If you dont want comments, sell books on a platform where comments arent allowed, like MCS or Ebay. This is a discussion forum. Comments are allowed. Part of the trade-off to not paying any fees.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@00slim my post was not directed at you personally so don't think that mate.

It's just a observation I've seen on sales threads by new forum members pricing aggressively.

And it was this thread I finally decided to speak my mind.

It's one thing to post on a sales thread stuff like they need to show pics of the books or they can't sell pgx here under the forum selling guidelines.

That information is helpful for possible new sellers selling for the first time.

Prices that they are asking, if you feel strongly that it is over fmv then private message them.
They either heed your advice and adjust it or they don't.

You never know who is willing to pay the sellers price

Exactly...otherwise you're just hi-jacking someone's thread. That what PM's are for.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@southerncross For the sake of clarity, I wanted to explain that my intent was to be helpful. In no way was I trying to undermine @Terry_JSA’s sale.

Seeing that his asking price mirrored e-bay’s asking prices but far exceeded the latest sales data, I wanted to share what the book was currently selling for.

I have a couple books for sale on e-bay at the moment that far exceed the latest sales. Truth be told? I don’t really want to sell them. But if someone wants to pay a premium? That’s fine.

If that was the case here, I’d completely understand. Again, I just wanted to help.

However, in hindsight, perhaps I should have shared the information in a PM.
Exactly, thats what discussion forums are for and why comments ARE ALLOWED. Thats what discussion forums are for.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Sellers should be able list books for whatever price they like without forum members posting that they are over priced and personally sabotaging their sales thread.

Agreed, attacking the seller's asking price in the thread is a dick move.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
I'm missing something. How is asking 450 for iron man #1 4.0 unreasonable? - as it just sold for that - right? Is every single one selling for 450 okay no - only one, right? But maybe it's a trend? And he lowers 15$ and it's no longer outrageous. That's tight. Again I often miss things and you guys and a girl will have fun I hope with my next/first sell post. Gotta say I read those 'good lucks' as anything but. And was like 'damn, ouch' with each one - y'all are tough. Haha. And sounds like you all were being sincere. Here to learn something. thanks.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Terry_JSA private msg quote post Address this user
Again, I just want to clear everything up. I didn’t feel attacked at all. I had a CBCS slab and just wanted to move it so I fixed the price and put it at market value. All someone did was inform me that my asking price was unreasonable. Do I care they told me that? No. I made profit off of the book at the end of the day so I’m not worried.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@robo The original asking price was $900.
The sincere replies were based on that.
Seller then adjusted the price to $450.
Final selling price was $435.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Terry_JSA I’m glad you the seller is saying no hard feelings. In the end you made the sale and that’s what a sales thread is for right? Good for you!!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Is someone charging I high price really being 'aggressive'? Seems some feel that way. And maybe its that some of you are real pros at all this and it's how you identify yourself - and nothing wrong with that - as legit as anything else. But this ain't the simplest thing to do - and pricing/selling is a skill some haven't earned yet. I lost my point here. Oh read aggressive pricing - good luck. lol Cheers - and that was not sarcastic! promise, seriously. Swear.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_JSA
Again, I just want to clear everything up. I didn’t feel attacked at all. I had a CBCS slab and just wanted to move it so I fixed the price and put it at market value. All someone did was inform me that my asking price was unreasonable. Do I care they told me that? No. I made profit off of the book at the end of the day so I’m not worried.
No worries. But you think it was unreasonable? I don't - it just wasn't a steal. And at the ceiling but I'm attempting to learn here.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
This is an interesting debate, and I'm honestly not sure what side I'm on. On the one hand, it's true that if we had history with someone we would be less likely to call out their over-pricing in the sales thread...probably we would instead send them a PM or something if we felt we had enough relationship with that person. On the other hand when a newer or less-active member posts an over-priced item they risk ruining their reputation and creating animosity. None of us are going to warm up to a forum member who is coming to the forum to ask 50%-100% over FMV for their items. So giving them a chance to correct that is also giving them a chance to salvage their forum reputation. Perhaps it would be better done through PM rather than in the thread, but I doubt I would be forward enough to PM someone I have no relationship with and tell them their price is to high. I would also probably be inclined to post something in the thread. I like the way @steverogers did it once: "Wow, are those selling for that much these days? I haven't looked at the prices in a while?" I thought that was a great subtle way to call out the price. Although I think even that approach kind of ended up hi-jacking the thread.
and honestly when I did post that I haven’t looked at books in about a year lol. But yeah if I feel like someone has something overpriced I may say something that just may make someone do a-little research in just in case they are new to selling.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
Oh okay missed the 900! Terry them is fighting words! you are aggressive haha - just kidding - but damn - okay I get more of this.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo
Quote:
Oh okay missed the 900! Terry them is fighting words! you are aggressive haha - just kidding - but damn - okay I get more of this.

Not everyone saw the original asking price that’s why when you look at the thread as it stands it appears the seller was being called out on the $450 price which is not the case. I think the sincere replies accomplished their intended purpose. The seller saw that his asking price was high he adjusted it and got the sale sounds like a win to me.

Also I had a recent sales thread and someone commented that I had a book priced too low so it does go both ways.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You are far too kind.

If they meant well they would have sent you a pm to inform you.

By posting in the thread they were trying to hurt you ny suggesting to your market on this forum that they should not pay your asking price.

As I said earlier this is a dick move.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:

The seller can always drop the price if it is too high at the start.

It is much harder to do anything about a price that is too low once the book has been sold.

Do not pat yourself on the back for waving a red flag for all to see when you could have quietly informed the seller via PM.

You are not the hero in this story.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Terry_JSA I’m glad you the seller is saying no hard feelings. In the end you made the sale and that’s what a sales thread is for right? Good for you!!

His positive attitude should be lauded but I would not find any fault if he rightly expressed outrage.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

The seller can always drop the price if it is too high at the start.

It is much harder to do anything about a price that is too low once the book has been sold.

Do not pat yourself on the back for waving a red flag for all to see when you could have quietly informed the seller via PM.

You are not the hero in this story.

No back patting expected as I was not one who replied about the original asking price.
I agree with your statement:
Key word is sold but not too late to do something after listing it.
If I meant to say $500 but typed $400 I would adjust the price and say my bad.
In my sales threads I always say claim thru PM that way I can control the flow of the sale.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You are far too kind.

By posting in the thread they were trying to hurt you ny suggesting to your market on this forum that they should not pay your asking price.

and this post is a direct personnal attack....which by forum rules would be considered, well you know...a dick move .
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Terry_JSA private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:

You are far too kind.

and this post is a direct personnal attack....which by forum rules would be considered, well you know...a dick move .
I’m not sure how someone informing me that my price was a little unreasonable is a personal attack. Sure they may not agree with it but I also don’t want to overprice a book either.
Post 47 IP   flag post
600864 47 22
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.