Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPComics Silver AgeFor Sale

FOR SALE: Iron Man #1 - CBCS 4.0 - CR/OW Pages14539

Collector Terry_JSA private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

I've sold a lot on IG and the CGC boards if anyone needs references.

I will consider offers but first “take it” trumps all.

2) I accept payment via PayPal.

3) Shipping is $15 within the U.S territories only and $20 to Canada. International buyers, please inquire about shipping.

4) No returns on graded books. 14 day returns on raw books.

$450

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just for reference, but it might be worth reconsidering the price point if you’re looking to move it quick.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just for reference, but it might be worth reconsidering the price point if you’re looking to move it quick.

I’m not in a rush to sell it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Probably best, as it will likely be a few years before it double and more in price at that grade...good luck with the sale !
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck
Post 5 IP   flag post
Price Drop - $435
Post 6 IP   flag post
BOOK HAS SOLD!
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_JSA
I’m not in a rush to sell it.

Quote:
Price Drop - $435

Quote:
BOOK HAS SOLD!

LOL!
Post 8 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Was a good price, my IM1 CBCS 2.5 OW/W sold quick at $399 on MCS about a month ago
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh Agreed final selling price was good original asking price was $900.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Sellers should be able list books for whatever price they like without forum members posting that they are over priced and personally sabotaging their sales thread.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Ploppy private msg quote post Address this user
What's so special about Iron Man's 87th appearance? 😃
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see how it was sabotaged. The initial offering had, at the time of listing, an unrealistic asking price. The seller was politely educated on current selling prices in grade. He adjusted his selling price. The book sold. I'm not understanding how his sale was hampered.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Agreed I see that the original $900 asking price was adjusted to $450 within the 24 hour edit window. I root for everyone to make a sale on here and glad to see @Terry_JSA did.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's better form to let someone's high price do it's own thing without interference. Mainly because you never know who's going to come along with deeper pockets and less patience and common sense. I've priced things super high before and had people tell me I was charging too much without realizing I'd already turned down offers higher than what they were recommending. Asking $900 is high, but the seller will figure it out and who knows they might have sold the book for $550 eventually without others trying to steer their ship for them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks for everyone’s concern but my sale wasn’t sabotaged. I just went off listing prices on eBay and just set it at the highest price I saw for that particular grade. I wasn’t in a rush to sell the book by any means and adjusted it to a more reasonable selling price.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry_JSA congrats with your sale. 👍

My concerns are that when a new forum member prices books aggressively others may post on their sales thread this fact.

When existing forum members price aggressively they don't get the same treatment.

If someone feels so strongly about a price they can always send a private message to the seller and not just post it in the sales thread.

(I'd hope) that people don't walk the convention floor and see someone inquire about a book on the back wall of a dealers booth and walk up and say to the dealer in front of a potential buyer " that books priced way over fair market value "
If you don't do that then you shouldn't do it on someone's sales thread.

E-bay sales, GPA and go collect have fair market values but a book is worth what a individual is willing to pay at the end of the day.

I don't sell books but if I did, some common courtesy I would like to see in my sales thread.

Just my 2c 👍
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Terry_JSA congrats with your sale. 👍

My concerns are that when a new forum member prices books aggressively others may post on their sales thread this fact.

When existing forum members price aggressively they don't get the same treatment.

If someone feels so strongly about a price they can always send a private message to the seller and not just post it in the sales thread.

(I'd hope) that people don't walk the convention floor and see someone inquire about a book on the back wall of a dealers booth and walk up and say to the dealer in front of a potential buyer " that books priced way over fair market value "
If you don't do that then you shouldn't do it on someone's sales thread.

E-bay sales, GPA and go collect have fair market values but a book is worth what a individual is willing to pay at the end of the day.

I don't sell books but if I did, some common courtesy I would like to see in my sales thread.

Just my 2c 👍
I totally understand your POV but I didn’t know what the books was selling for and just went off what I say on eBay. Someone pointed out the book was overpriced and I changed it so something reasonable. If the book sold, it sold. If it didn’t sell then it just didn’t sell.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Would ya share what site you screen shot that from, please? Many thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Sure. It’s GPA. A monthly membership of I think $10.99 is required is all. They have years of data & it’s very useful.

clickable text
Post 20 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
haha got it last week but didn't pull up the year like that yet. Thanks!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@southerncross For the sake of clarity, I wanted to explain that my intent was to be helpful. In no way was I trying to undermine @Terry_JSA’s sale.

Seeing that his asking price mirrored e-bay’s asking prices but far exceeded the latest sales data, I wanted to share what the book was currently selling for.

I have a couple books for sale on e-bay at the moment that far exceed the latest sales. Truth be told? I don’t really want to sell them. But if someone wants to pay a premium? That’s fine.

If that was the case here, I’d completely understand. Again, I just wanted to help.

However, in hindsight, perhaps I should have shared the information in a PM.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@00slim my post was not directed at you personally so don't think that mate.

It's just a observation I've seen on sales threads by new forum members pricing aggressively.

And it was this thread I finally decided to speak my mind.

It's one thing to post on a sales thread stuff like they need to show pics of the books or they can't sell pgx here under the forum selling guidelines.

That information is helpful for possible new sellers selling for the first time.

Prices that they are asking, if you feel strongly that it is over fmv then private message them.
They either heed your advice and adjust it or they don't.

You never know who is willing to pay the sellers price
Post 23 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This is an interesting debate, and I'm honestly not sure what side I'm on. On the one hand, it's true that if we had history with someone we would be less likely to call out their over-pricing in the sales thread...probably we would instead send them a PM or something if we felt we had enough relationship with that person. On the other hand when a newer or less-active member posts an over-priced item they risk ruining their reputation and creating animosity. None of us are going to warm up to a forum member who is coming to the forum to ask 50%-100% over FMV for their items. So giving them a chance to correct that is also giving them a chance to salvage their forum reputation. Perhaps it would be better done through PM rather than in the thread, but I doubt I would be forward enough to PM someone I have no relationship with and tell them their price is to high. I would also probably be inclined to post something in the thread. I like the way @steverogers did it once: "Wow, are those selling for that much these days? I haven't looked at the prices in a while?" I thought that was a great subtle way to call out the price. Although I think even that approach kind of ended up hi-jacking the thread.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Been in far too many flea markets, and worked too many comic stores and seen people get taken to really care if someone doesnt like it if someone points out a price is higher than realistic.

Some newbie wanders in or someones mother or girlfriend trying to get a new book for their collection or something for their boyfriends birthday and see that and think , well since its posted on the comic forum that must be a fair deal right?
Next thing they are out of pocket for 2 1/2 times market for a lower grade more common book. Sorry but I would rather prevent someone some serious grief later than be so lenient now. The first time you watch someone get really taken on a purchase, your perspective might just change a bit.

We go out of our way to help new people here daily, and help establish a grade, give advice or offer suggestions...it is in the nature of the forum to do so.

As to my comments, I responded to his statement he wasnt in a hurry to sell....and said thats probably best, given asking double the general market for the book currently.

He was still quite welcome to retain his higher price, and move forward. Had he said, I dont care if it sells or not, so I priced it unrealistically I would totally get it.
Even then I wished him luck with the sale.

I also offer that had he retained his asking price he would likely not have sold his book. Offering some insight and suggestion might have spurred his choice to bring it down to a more reasonable and then sold level. Some might consider that a good thing rather than seeing it as negative

Its all fun and games till someone really gets shafted or taken and then we all shake our heads and say wow, wish I could have done something
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
As a seller - If you have no interest buying a book - please don't post in a sales thread.

Just pass along.

Sellers are well aware of market prices.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Yeah , sorry no. Not interested in censorship from anyone. If you sell in a forum that is public it is open to public response.
Post 27 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
As a seller - If you have no interest buying a book - please don't post in a sales thread.

Just pass along.

Sellers are well aware of market prices.

Agreed...just clogs the thread up.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If you dont want comments, sell books on a platform where comments arent allowed, like MCS or Ebay. This is a discussion forum. Comments are allowed. Part of the trade-off to not paying any fees.
Post 29 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@00slim my post was not directed at you personally so don't think that mate.

It's just a observation I've seen on sales threads by new forum members pricing aggressively.

And it was this thread I finally decided to speak my mind.

It's one thing to post on a sales thread stuff like they need to show pics of the books or they can't sell pgx here under the forum selling guidelines.

That information is helpful for possible new sellers selling for the first time.

Prices that they are asking, if you feel strongly that it is over fmv then private message them.
They either heed your advice and adjust it or they don't.

You never know who is willing to pay the sellers price

Exactly...otherwise you're just hi-jacking someone's thread. That what PM's are for.
Post 30 IP   flag post
615422 47 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.