Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I had an offer on a copy a few months ago and it must not have reached the reserve.

Then the guy never relisted it
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
gonna go with the massive proliferation of "collector issue #1" from the 90's. Seemed like there were 4 or 5 issue #1's every week back then!

What about the #0 issue that turned up later and the Wizard 1/2 books? Oh, the 1990's and the fun they brought to the hobby!

yeah baby!! I have a bunch of those!! Wizard also had those ACE Editions (Acetate Cover Edition Edtions)

Wizard was such a product of the time. So slick, glossy, and when they added the pricing on toys - look out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised no one has brought up Western comics or Classics Illustrated. Maybe Treasure Chest. Not to mention the endless movie and TV show comics like Lassie and Black Stallion. I think drek has probably been around for a longer time than most people think.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
So my boxes of Dazzler, Spider-Woman, Nam, Excalibur and Alpha Flight are a gold mine waiting to happen?

@Studley_Dudley Yes, but it will happen in such small drips that you won't even realize it's happening. Who knew I'd be climbing up in the garage shelving this year for 80's Superman #4, Teen Titans Annual 2, Star Wars 50, etc, etc. Likely to keep happening.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Valiant....the literal definition of gimmicks. They seemed to start with good stories and writing and quality but then went to the inserted redemption cards, foil , die cut covers and embossed stuff, as well as the upside down book on the back half etc. I think at some point they had promised no gimmicks and next thing they were literally defining the trend
Post 30 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This might be dreck related: I did a search on MCS for Wolverine 1 and it came up with 16 pages of results. Searching Wolverine 2 was only 4 pages. I wondered if that was a record so I searched Superman 1 and got 23 Pages of results. X-men 1 has 36 pages of results and Batman 1 has 45 pages of results. Talk about the "make big bigger" philosophy of business. That's a lot of #1's and a lot of money grab.
Post 31 IP   flag post
597871 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?