Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

Top 50 Slabs in My Collection! - Let's see yours!14536

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, to post my 50 most valuable or my 50 favorite...Either way, not easy.

So in the first part, you'll notice the double 9.9 WildCATS, Savage Sword of Conan, and Marvel vs DC. These three doubles are intended to be passed on to my twin sons. Not only are the WildCATS the Highest Graded Examples, but many years ago, it was also the 1st comic book that I gave to them to read(obviously not the 9.9's). S C of Conan was my first fell in love with cover. Marvel vs DC is a play on when I first had my sons invest. Towards the end of 2008, right before the credit crisis stock market bottom, I asked them if they were going to own stock in any company(ies) what would it be. Simultaneously, the both said Apple and again in stereo they said Microsoft(Yes, twinspeak is real). Those of the greyer generations may appreciate why I feel that DC was to Marvel what MSFT was to AAPL. And, yes I bought them both shares of AAPL, which they still own today.

Now for the rest of the comics:

Post 26 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I'm slacking....need more slabs!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Found a pic on my phone with more slabs.
Think I have 2 drawers full of slabs now.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Holy amazing slab collection, Batman!!! Look, if you're interested in adopating a 44 year old comic book junkie, just let me know.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 - Thanks. Most of those are NFS though some are listed on MCS. Probably over the next year, I will hopefully have completed a downsizing from 4k comics to around 1-1.5k and filled in some run holes. There are some early Valiant that I did not picture as they are in my office. As an example, I pictured the cgc Unity Red that I have for sale, but I am force ghosting a CBCS 9.8.
Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
@GAC Mind. Blown.
Post 32 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
@GAC Mind. Blown.

Thanks!! cheers! 🍻
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Very nice! Love the Silver Surfer #4s and the Spidey rogue 1st appearances.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@GAC Very nice! Love the Silver Surfer #4s and the Spidey rogue 1st appearances.

Thanks! Yes, great cover on SS4 and SS3 has gone bolistic in the past few months.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@GAC - FF 48, SS3 & SS4 - I know of a good home if you want to adopt out.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, some here may know, I basically had to restart my collection about 9 years ago. I had sold the majority of my collection to buy my Wife’s wedding ring.

Then, a couple months ago, I traded 7 of my top books for my grail of grails. So, I don’t have 50 books worth posting. As such, how about a top 10?

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Could only find pictures of 43 so thats all you get !

Post 38 IP   flag post
@00slim I do remember you trading for your AF15...she is a beaut!!!! That one still alludes me. love it!!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I think you made the right call in both cases. Congrats.
Post 40 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Didn’t you load a bunch of boxes in the back of a vehicle for trading?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC @Noblebeast315 Thanks, guys!

@JustThatGuy That was another member on the forum. I traded 7 blue chip books.
Post 42 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 43 IP   flag post
@00slim That's a helluva Top 10!

@earthshaker01 Nice collection, love the 3-D Batman!
Post 44 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Ok I’ll play, too.

Post 45 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy cool Captain Britain
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
There's so much good variety in what you all are sharing - this is why I love these
Post 47 IP   flag post
There may be a duplicate here and there.

I just downloaded this collage app yesterday...its pretty cool.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What app is this?
Post 49 IP   flag post
@GAC that’s pretty neat
Post 50 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy Damn, that is amazing. Congrats!
Post 51 IP   flag post
I'll play, but my slabs don't even come close to some of the collections on here.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What app is this?

It's called Collage Maker. I have an Android.

clickable text
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Y’all can help me out by posting all your addresses.

I see a bigger comic collection in my future ; )
Post 54 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 Awesome books!!! I'm a big Bats fan myself. love your books!!!
Post 55 IP   flag post
601504 82 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?