Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

First submission questions14511

Collector jef private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the process of sending several books (depending on pricing),
but that's where I get confused. I entered my initial book (preacher #1, no pressing) and the total was $0, with $23 shipping. I entered another book (tmnt #1, 1988, no pressing) and it was $18 for a copper age book. $18 to have two books graded and sealed? not bad..

I'm up to a total of 5 books: 2 modern, 3 copper, and two standard pressings, which brings it to a total of $60.

i'm not complaining, but it seems cheap enough to make me think I missed something.

Help?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
did you do grade screening?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Press and grade $114 plus shipping?Im not good at math.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TheLJ private msg quote post Address this user
Just sent in 10 books and it was $310 with press and screening. A couple Silvers and rest Bronze.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@jef It sounds like you selected a Grade Screen option. Grade screening is when you provide a minimum grade you want the book to achieve before committing to full grading.

When Grade screening is selected the book shows a cost of $0 because it is unknown whether you will be paying for grading, a rejection fee, or have the rejection fee waived. Once the books are screened, books that meet the minimum threshold you set move on to full grading and you are charged the full grading fees for those books.

The rejection fee is incurred if a large number of the books you have screened (<~75% of the screened books) fail to meet the minimum grade you set for them. The rejection fee is about $4 per book.

If you want your books graded regardless of their grade then set the Grade Screen option to “None”

Be sure to check out the Newbie’s Guide for additional information about services and submitting to CBCS
Post 5 IP   flag post
598060 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?