Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeFor SaleMovies Television

Alpha Flight #1 Vol 1 auction14488

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Last weeks AF 1 7.0 auction ended with a final bid of $51. If you had bid on it, thank you. If you don’t have it yet, you may want to consider as there have been some leaks and suggestions over the past couple of years that the super-hero team from the greater north will be coming to the MCU soon.

This week I have a CBCS 7.0 up that presents at a 9.6 or better at first glance. At closer inspection and viewinf of graders notes reveal “light 2" stain bottom right back cover small light stain bottom left corner back cover”

This auction ends Monday May 3rd.

Direct link if interested:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/auctions?agid=490&sn=SlabSmart

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
For those interested, this one ends tonight at a little after 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific.

Cheers and thanks if checking it out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Glwt auction 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't register in time to see this, will definitely look out for more

I've decided I'd quite like to get the first few in CBCS (or CGC) and I'm trying to find a truly high grade copy of #11 and #19
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

Hoping you made a nice sale on it. I’ve got a raw copy or two in my collection, but holding off on grading.

Do you really think AF is going to show up in the MCU?

I’m a little skeptical. With mutants, the FF and aliens coming, I’m not seeing AF showing up for a few years, at least.

I could very well be wrong, but that’s my take.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie - yes i actually do think it will be coming. Could be a few years, but the producers and directors that have talked about it are big enough hitters to make it happen and can open up for a lot of storylines like Wolverine recast and origin.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Coldbobt - not to worry, i have you covered with a new auction with $1 starting bid that will end next Monday evening. Here is the direct link: Alpha Flihgt Auction

Good luck!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
There has only been talk, nothing in the works as far as I have heard. It now seems like speculating on a remote possibility is enough to boost sales on a comic.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Jabberwookie - yes i actually do think it will be coming. Could be a few years, but i the producers and directors that have talked about it are big enough hitters to make it happen and can open up for a lot of storylines like Wolverine recast and origin.

I had not considered tying Wolverine to that.

That would be pretty cool. I dug Alpha Flight, I just remembered one of the last relaunches they rebranded as Omega Flight.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@brysb - correct, only talk. I think a big point was writer/producer Simon Kingberg’s comments in 2017. But there have also been easter egg references to events and groups “up north” in mcu movies and WandaVision which may be hints to Alpha Flight.

@Jabberwookie - the early x-men appearances directly tied Alpha Flight in with their attempted retrieval of Wolverine back to the team in Canada.

The big rumor at this time is Alpha Flight appearance in the Hulk vs Wolverine movie. It would be very easy for that to make sense. I don’t see AF in their own movie or series any time soon but i do see them as a co-starring roll.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The current CBCS 7.0 Alpha Flight #1 auction in my SlabSmart store at MCS ends tonight at a few minutes after 8pm Easter / 5 PM Pacific. Current bid is at $51. Here is the link if interested. Thank you if interested.

Direct Link
Post 11 IP   flag post
This weeks AF 1 again had a final winning bid of $51. If you won, congrats and thank you. If you bid and did not win, thank you, and not to worry I have another one that just went up. Here is the link and photo:

Direct link for 5/17 auction end

Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I'm amused by how you have a casual post in the "Sell or Hold" thread about turning down a $1,400 offer on a comic...and then have a an entire thread dedicated to a $51 book. How many of these 7.0's are you sitting on anyway?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - I have...more. Lol I crack myself up. Seriously, i actually have three more of the 7.0.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Another book I have that may finally be worth grading. Thanks. I sent in a Thor 129 recently not knowing it was anything. Hard to keep up these days.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Auction ending tonight just after 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern. The current bid on the Alpha Flight #1 is at $31. My last four auctions in this grade ended with the following respective final bids: $46, $51, $33, and $51. If interested, here are the photo and link. Thanks much:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

Direct link for 5/17 auction end

Post 16 IP   flag post
Sold
Post 17 IP   flag post
601194 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?