Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Shipment received April 30th, 4 books, 3 modern 1 Bronze all with FastPass. Just got the email saying they have been graded and are entering the "production" phase, I guess where they get encapsulated and labeled.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
The not knowing is part of the experience that you pay for. It's half of the excitement, they should charge a premium for it. You wake up every morning thinking that it might be Christmas. Then late in the afternoon you realize that it's Groundhog Day. Until that one day that it isn't.

This is spot on!

.... and today is Groundhog day for those that were wondering
Post 177 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
2 hours ago Post 177 • IP  flag post
« Forum Home
Pages:1234567
Bold
Link
Video
Image From Web
Upload Image

Emoticons

Today is actually Christmas for me. I just got notice that one of my shipments has been received and charged to my card. Try to imagine a year ago if someone had told you that 3rd party graders would be this overwhelmed with submissions. That just getting your card charged would be a red letter day. No one would have believed it.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia out of curiosity, what was the wait time for you for you to be charged? Just trying to determine when I too will be charged. It would be great if CBCS does what CGC is doing for received orders, they note what orders they are opening (ie opening orders received on 4/12).
Post 179 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@waynemel The order I was billed for today was most likely received at their office May 5-7.
I'm putting another submission in the mail to CBCS tomorrow. That will put me at 7 active submissions currently, 4 in May, 2 in April and 1 in late March. I think there's danger on the horizon in the form of inflation and supply shortages. I believe TAT's from both companies are likely to grow before they shrink. I'm a big believer in acknowledging the worst and at least hedging accordingly. So I'm getting a lot of books slabbed that I would have normally pushed off into the future and I'm selling enough slabbed books through MCS to cover the costs.
Post 180 IP   flag post

I think there will also be a migration of CGC'ers who have simply had it with TATs (and the other issues); and will use CBCS right now. Don't know how many; how much percentage, but it could impact CBCS TATs also with the differential.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I think there will also be a migration of CGC'ers who have simply had it with TATs (and the other issues); and will use CBCS right now. Don't know how many; how much percentage, but it could impact CBCS TATs also with the differential.

Yep. It's already happening.
Post 182 IP   flag post
I was sooooooooo hoping I'd be corrected 😀
Alas, it was not to be
Post 183 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Stevie wonder saw this comming lmao
Post 184 IP   flag post
This submission moved in to "shipping" today, both by email and in my dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Shipment received April 30th, 4 books, 3 modern 1 Bronze all with FastPass. Just got the email saying they have been graded and are entering the "production" phase, I guess where they get encapsulated and labeled.
Post 185 IP   flag post
And now it went from "shipping" to "shipped". Not too bad for my first (technically my 2nd, but the first has a press and signature verification in it and no Fast Pass) submission to CBCS. Sent around April 15th or so, marked received on the 30th, shipped back today:

Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I sent 2 books to CBCS Dallas for 2-Day Modern treatment. Today USPS shows “left with individual at address” and my shipping label showed order number and 2-Day Modern designation. It’ll be fun to see this process goes.
Post 187 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This makes me sad. One sub is a a reholder and the other was slab-only with VSP. Still no confirmation that they've shipped.

Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector Banders private msg quote post Address this user
Shipped 5 books mid Jan, recieved confirmation that they were received and billed my credit card in mid march. Haven't heard a anything since and my account just says processing
Post 189 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
On Week 13 for a modern submission w/one vsp. Estimated turnaround time of 11 weeks

Received: 2-22
Billed: 2-23
Post 190 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea when I could expect an ASP back? Received/Billing as of 04/19
Post 191 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banders
Shipped 5 books mid Jan, recieved confirmation that they were received and billed my credit card in mid march. Haven't heard a anything since and my account just says processing

try clicking on the link to the actual invoice - updates in status will show there - don't hold your breath though.
I've had orders with no updates only to move through all stages in a day or two
Post 192 IP   flag post
Sigh.....1 day to go for week 11 to be done in 'ShipToCanada' on 1 order and week 9 on another.

11 f$%king weeks about to go on 12 for shipping??

Maybe instead of me using the pressing promo for faster pressing they could offer a shipping promo so books make it back in a reasonable timeframe
Post 193 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Sigh.....1 day to go for week 11 to be done in 'ShipToCanada' on 1 order and week 9 on another.

11 f$%king weeks about to go on 12 for shipping??

Maybe instead of me using the pressing promo for faster pressing they could offer a shipping promo so books make it back in a reasonable timeframe

hey!! here's a fun thing...soon my order will have spent half of it's time in return shipping!!!

Did you guys loose my books??!!!

Post 194 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Today marks 16 weeks that my first shipment was "received" and is still currently in "grading"
Post 195 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it's something to do with the exchange rate for Canadians.

10 weeks TAT is really 12.10 weeks Canadian
Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit

This is very very funny!
Post 197 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit

I was thinking more like it had to do with us using the Metric system.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I noticed ppl here get updated status on their submission, My January 2021 submission stays at 'Processing'
I have been told by Steve that its in the grading queue, but wonder why my status never changes.

Any Idea?

Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmind
Hi Everyone,

I noticed ppl here get updated status on their submission, My January 2021 submission stays at 'Processing'
I have been told by Steve that its in the grading queue, but wonder why my status never changes.

Any Idea?

if you click on the link and download the invoice updates to the status will show there - although not always. I've had orders zip through all steps in just 1 or 2 days!!
Post 200 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
I clicked on the invoice link to the far right and it did not show any latest status. It showed 'Submitted'
Post 201 IP   flag post
Wow, my latest submission was delivered yesterday and within 24 hours got the email it was received and my card charged. 👍🏻👍🏻
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmind
I clicked on the invoice link to the far right and it did not show any latest status. It showed 'Submitted'
yeah..you may be out of luck...they are very hit and miss with actually updating the status's? stati?? I wouldn't be surprised if you get multiple status updates all at once as it prepares to ship.
Post 203 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I see the increase in volume group has the turnaround times going up. I guess this is good for steve and friends 👍
Post 204 IP   flag post
Well, good news is 2 day modern is right on track. My submission was delivered to Dallas on Wednesday and they’ve been graded as of today.
Post 205 IP   flag post
601524 999 30