Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@MurrayC what's the deal with that big blue tongue on the boardwalk??

It's supposed to be a sculpture of a wave

nahhhhhhh.....it's a tongue!!!
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Today is exactly 5 weeks and still no word from CBCS the submission was received. Going blue from holding my breath.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
nahhhhhhh.....it's a tongue!!!

There have been many drunken university girls who... Ummm.... nevermind...
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit
Today is exactly 5 weeks and still no word from CBCS the submission was received. Going blue from holding my breath.

Did you send it to Oakville?
If Yes then, they sometimes send an email saying it was received there, look for an email from Steve Paulus.

My most recent order it took 10 weeks to get the confirmation email from Dallas. I know it's agony waiting to know if you just sent you books into the abyss or received on the other end.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit

Did you send it to Oakville?
If Yes then, they sometimes send an email saying it was received there, look for an email from Steve Paulus.

My most recent order it took 10 weeks to get the confirmation email from Dallas. I know it's agony waiting to know if you just sent you books into the abyss or received on the other end.

10 Weeks!!? Crikey! I could get it to China quicker

It went to Oakville via registered mail. Nothing from Steve Paulus, but if they don't open the packages until Dallas that's understandable.

Mostly concerned I did something wrong - packaged things wrong, or missed something I should've put on the box that would lead to the contents being misplaced or damaged. ..or Canada Post handed it to the janitor. If this first submission makes it to received I'll breathe easy.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know what the heck is going on with CBCS Canada?

20 book order says delivered in Oakvile on April 6th....6.5 weeks now, still not checked into the system.

No reply to customer service e-mails.

This process is really a pain, without any confirmation I don't know if it got there ok and I don't know what the claim window for Canada Post is if there was a problem.
Post 156 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a reholder (with a Jack Kirby sig) and 2 John Romita Sr. VSP slab only books that I sent in mid January that hasnt shipped back yet.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Anyone know what the heck is going on with CBCS Canada?

20 book order says delivered in Oakvile on April 6th....6.5 weeks now, still not checked into the system.

No reply to customer service e-mails.

This process is really a pain, without any confirmation I don't know if it got there ok and I don't know what the claim window for Canada Post is if there was a problem.

A reply from customer service? That's not going to happen. Something needs to be done about the shipping between locations and the lack of customer service and updates/information. We have no idea what to expect with the CBCS Canada route. 2 weeks each way? 20 weeks? Who the heck knows. I have a massive order ready to go but I am not sure what to do with it. Sending through CBCS Canada seems like asking for pain. At the same time, I don't want to deal with the brokerage/duties by shipping direct. I am leaning towards a) not sending it in until I get this other order returned and b) not sending it in unless I got all 9.8s on my last order
Post 158 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

My thoughts exactly
Post 160 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@cwazywabbit

Actually I typed in wrong thread.

I've got nothing constructive to contribute. I will say that I feel bad for you Canadian folks though. If I was Steve Paulus I would've quit over the hate mail he must have been getting over the past year....
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@cwazywabbit

I've got nothing constructive to contribute. I will say that I feel bad for you Canadian folks though. If I was Steve Paulus I would've quit over the hate mail he must have been getting over the past year....

Well, I certainly haven't been sending hate mail. I imagine a lot of the individuals are overwhelmed. It seems like a faulty design/systems issue. Instead of haranguing staff, I pop in here every few weeks to passive-aggressively-jokingly-whine in the forums
Post 162 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've been following this thread for a while about Canadian customers. It seems really frustrating, but it's also confusing me. Although it's not my Yankee business, could someone confirm do I have these 3 things right?:

1) There is an optional Canadian Consolidator that can be used to save money over direct shipments to CBCS.
2) Using this consolidator adds a delay to the shipments that was once reasonable but is now very long and no one even knows how long.
3) The consolidator can't be reached directly to confirm information on delays or current expected TAT's?
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I've been following this thread for a while about Canadian customers. It seems really frustrating, but it's also confusing me. Although it's not my Yankee business, could someone confirm do I have these 3 things right?:

1) There is an optional Canadian Consolidator that can be used to save money over direct shipments to CBCS.
2) Using this consolidator adds a delay to the shipments that was once reasonable but is now very long and no one even knows how long.
3) The consolidator can't be reached directly to confirm information on delays or current expected TAT's?

yep, seems you got it right.
Originally the CBCS Canada option added about 2 to 4 weeks round trip to the process, 1 or 2 weeks down and 1 or 2 weeks back up - no brokerage dick around with FedEx, no need to use a US mail service - was golden.
It was a little bit cheaper than a direct shipment and I liked it because if I used Canada Post I would loose or have really delayed tracking info once it was in the US.

Now is 8 to 10 weeks to get into system on the way down...and some of that is just the increased submissions to CBCS - thought I heard 5 or 6 weeks even for US orders?

Return???? this is the start of week 11 on 1 of my orders and week 9 on another since they entered 'ShipToCanada' status.

The consolidator can't be reached by us...our only contact is Steve Paulus or 'customer service' - might as well go yell at the sky..at least that way you might get an echo for an answer.

I try to use CBCS Canada because I would like the service to be there once everything opens again but 10 weeks and counting to return books is a killer. This is the type of thing that could get people to stop using the service and then it wouldn't be there for us later.

No idea on how often books are shipped back..is it when a bin is full? are bins taking longer to fill since people don't want the horrible shipping delays? is it 1 or 2 times a month and there is some other delay???

Whatever it is it doesn't seem that anyone is interested in communicating what is happening so submitters can adjust their expectations accordingly.

For now I still send in via CBCS Canada as most of my orders include pressing - with luck in 6 months when my orders are done the border will be open and things back the way they were before?

Did notice on my last order that the return shipping also jumped up significantly - was this an increase passed on from the consolidator? are there less orders so costs need to increase to cover the consolidators charges? - I've opted for in person pickup - I'm lucky that I live close and will have my second shot in September so will be fully vaccinated well before my books make it back from my most recent order.

I think CBCS Canada was a good business concept but ultimately was executed poorly, Covid and poor management/communication etc. are going to put the nails in the coffin.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:
@cwazywabbit

I don't think he gets any hate mail....in fact I don't think he gets any e-mail at all!!!
If he did get mail people would have had responses or maybe updates on the CBCS home page...or maybe some sort of CBCS specific forum...man I wish they had some way to communicate what was happening

-- .- -.-- -... . / - .... . -.-- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .-. -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--.. ..--..
Post 165 IP   flag post
@KatKomics The solution to this seems like it would be so simple. CBCS Canada should have 4-5 regularly scheduled shipments to Dallas each year. They would just take submissions 4-5 times a year, for a 30 day window. Just plan it around any conventions they may attend, and give people 15 days before or after the convention to get any additional submissions to them. That way they're sending a regularly scheduled shipment to CBCS, and all their Canadian customers know what the schedule is and know how much time it will add to TAT's. Shrink or expand the number of scheduled shipments as needed.
And they should have an agreement with CBCS Dallas that insures their shipments get opened ASAP, this would zero out the additional lead times.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got the shipping email. Roughly 12 weeks on a reholder
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's time for an update to the TAT shown on the site. My mixed pressing/grading and just grading, order is at 23 weeks now as of last Thursday. It was in "Labels" for about a month, now it shows back in "Pressing" and "Received". For my own sanity I stopped checking it daily and switched to weekly, which helped a little. Maybe I just stop checking at all and just wait for it to show up at my door, if it ever will. Maybe it's a good idea for CBCS to stop giving discounts until they get this TAT down to a reasonable level, like maybe 4/8 weeks(?). Such a bad business model, but it's the best out there for now.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i only check to see if its received. then i never check till there time is up say 12 - 14 week whatever it may be, as am sure there safe once they receive them.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
-- .- -.-- -... . / - .... . -.-- / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .-. -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--.. ..--..
@KatKomics - OMG, the morse code
Post 170 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
@KatKomics - OMG, the morse code

For the curious, but lazy, people. LOL

Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector Bobsaget private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone tell me how long an order status says grading? My order is 21-08D008D
Post 172 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

@Bobsaget it's one of the many Unsolved Mysteries of CBCS.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
it would be pretty funny and insanely accurate if they changed changed the TAT on the main site to
You get it when you get it
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsaget
Can someone tell me how long an order status says grading? My order is 21-08D008D

The not knowing is part of the experience that you pay for. It's half of the excitement, they should charge a premium for it. You wake up every morning thinking that it might be Christmas. Then late in the afternoon you realize that it's Groundhog Day. Until that one day that it isn't.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Shipment received April 30th, 4 books, 3 modern 1 Bronze all with FastPass. Just got the email saying they have been graded and are entering the "production" phase, I guess where they get encapsulated and labeled.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
The not knowing is part of the experience that you pay for. It's half of the excitement, they should charge a premium for it. You wake up every morning thinking that it might be Christmas. Then late in the afternoon you realize that it's Groundhog Day. Until that one day that it isn't.

This is spot on!

.... and today is Groundhog day for those that were wondering
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
2 hours ago Post 177 • IP  flag post
« Forum Home
Pages:1234567
Bold
Link
Video
Image From Web
Upload Image

Emoticons

Today is actually Christmas for me. I just got notice that one of my shipments has been received and charged to my card. Try to imagine a year ago if someone had told you that 3rd party graders would be this overwhelmed with submissions. That just getting your card charged would be a red letter day. No one would have believed it.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia out of curiosity, what was the wait time for you for you to be charged? Just trying to determine when I too will be charged. It would be great if CBCS does what CGC is doing for received orders, they note what orders they are opening (ie opening orders received on 4/12).
Post 179 IP   flag post
@waynemel The order I was billed for today was most likely received at their office May 5-7.
I'm putting another submission in the mail to CBCS tomorrow. That will put me at 7 active submissions currently, 4 in May, 2 in April and 1 in late March. I think there's danger on the horizon in the form of inflation and supply shortages. I believe TAT's from both companies are likely to grow before they shrink. I'm a big believer in acknowledging the worst and at least hedging accordingly. So I'm getting a lot of books slabbed that I would have normally pushed off into the future and I'm selling enough slabbed books through MCS to cover the costs.
Post 180 IP   flag post
598060 999 30