Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector moh private msg quote post Address this user
Just thought I would add a post about my experience so far of my 8 books with pressing, and one signature verification:

Received: 02/26/21
Pressing tier CN: 03/09/21
Pressing tier MD: 03/18/21

No email updates since then. Checking order status today (05/17/21) shows "Processing".
Post 126 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@moh Click the invoice link, you'll get a better look at your order status. Welcome to the forum!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@MalacorV - Welcome to the forum.

Most typically of recent, labels is the last update to the dashboard before the the submission is shipped.

However, under less busy times, you may also see:

“Encasement”
“Seal”
and
“Shipping”
before the final entry of...

“Completed”.

Once completed, then you should be abel to see the grades and grading notes for each comic.

Cheers.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector felnora private msg quote post Address this user
Timeline Update:
(my order is no rush, no fast, no press, no nothing, just regular collector paying normal fees, cause I want some PC books to look pretty on my walls)
Finally got my order to processing So about 2 and a half weeks after they arrived, the books begin the 'inside cbcs' journey.

0) Shipped 4/26
1) USPS shows delivered to individual on 4/29
2) CBCS updated status to 'Processing' from 'Submitted' on 5/17
3) ???

I feel relieved, now I know they are safe and sound. But prior to that, we're all thinking like, did USPS screw me, did they deliver to the right place, is cbcs looking at them with malcontent during smoke breaks, who do I need to kill to know they got to the right place, etc?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@felnora - Actually, the journey started shortly after they were dropped off. Just took 2 1/2 weeks for your dashboard to be updated.

Cheers to you!
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
According to the invoice I am starting week 11 still on Submitted

Dashboard is week 8 of grading

On a REHOLDER
Post 131 IP   flag post
Sitting on eight weekes about since they were dropped off. Expecting some movement soon.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector MalacorV private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalacorV
Hi, all. First post here - just wanted to add a data point and ask a question.

Order Received Email: 24 FEB 21
Order Changed From Processing to Grading: 17 May 21
Invoice has read "Labels" for about 3/4 weeks now, so: Labels ~26 April 21.

No clue what "Labels" means - any ideas? Thanks!

Order Type: 13 Modern Books, 7 of which requesting signature verification. No Pressing/Cleaning.

Adding an additional data point.

Received this today, 18 May 21: "Your [Order Number] is graded and now it is time to get the comics into a CBCS case! Your tier has entered the production area of the company and will only be here a short time before it ships out!

Again, you can check the status of your order any time on your dashboard at https://www.cbcscomics.com/account and log into your account. Once you are logged in on your dashboard you can view the status on any order by clicking on its link."
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is moving. My last two batches have moved to grading.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Stil waiting on pressing, should be this week.
Post 135 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Thought of the day:

Continuing, every day, to look at the invoice once in "Labels" can be hazardous to one's own health by week #3.
Post 136 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 truth bomb!!! Lmao
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
I finally figured out the delay behind "ShipToCanada". I was reading it all wrong! "ShipToCanada" must mean that they have put our books on a literal SHIP to Canada. Dear CBCS, in the future, rather than have our books traverse the mighty seas for months on end, it might help to know that those books can travel by ground. As luck would have it, Texas and Canada share a continent.

Order rec'd Nov. 6th: Pressing, Grading Production completed March 10th

ShipToCanada March 11th: Gulf of Mexico, Panama Canal, Pacific Ocean, Stop in Australia to dry off, Indian Ocean, current whereabouts unknown. Possibly closing in on the Atlantic... (2 months, 1 week and counting).
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector GeekStoxx private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado
I finally figured out the delay behind "ShipToCanada". I was reading it all wrong! "ShipToCanada" must mean that they have put our books on a literal SHIP to Canada. Dear CBCS, in the future, rather than have our books traverse the mighty seas for months on end, it might help to know that those books can travel by ground. As luck would have it, Texas and Canada share a continent.

Order rec'd Nov. 6th: Pressing, Grading Production completed March 10th

ShipToCanada March 11th: Gulf of Mexico, Panama Canal, Pacific Ocean, Stop in Australia to dry off, Indian Ocean, current whereabouts unknown. Possibly closing in on the Atlantic... (2 months, 1 week and counting).

Wow, is this true? I believe I was told my books were received a month after yours. (17 books through pressing and 1 VCS) Still sitting at “processing”. From the last message I got a response on, I was told it is in line to the grading stage.

No updates yet
Post 139 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Silverado yeah...mine were ShipToCanada on March 12th....so...what is that...10weeks now!!!
This is by far the longest I've ever had to wait

Anyone @JESSE_O or @DARRYL_H etc...anyone able to see if there are other status in the systems related to our orders? This is crazy!!!
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Isabelle private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like covid hit them hard with delays
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Thought of the day:

Continuing, every day, to look at the invoice once in "Labels" can be hazardous to one's own health by week #3.
@Nuffsaid111 - Grandma always said, "A watch pot never boils".
Post 142 IP   flag post
I really should take that advice, I check every day for updates. Lol
Post 143 IP   flag post
@Silverado - Don't forget, the Suez Canal blockage.
Post 144 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I finally figured out the delay behind "ShipToCanada". I was reading it all wrong! "ShipToCanada" must mean that they have put our books on a literal SHIP to Canada.

Well, that should work in MY favor because I live in Halifax, NS, which is a port city (second deepest year-round ice-free harbour second only to Japan)
Post 145 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Quote:
I finally figured out the delay behind "ShipToCanada". I was reading it all wrong! "ShipToCanada" must mean that they have put our books on a literal SHIP to Canada.

Well, that should work in MY favor because I live in Halifax, NS, which is a port city (second deepest year-round ice-free harbour second only to Japan)

Love Halifax!!!!! Beautiful city!!
Post 146 IP   flag post
@MurrayC what's the deal with that big blue tongue on the boardwalk??
Post 147 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Silverado yeah...mine were ShipToCanada on March 12th....so...what is that...10weeks now!!!
This is by far the longest I've ever had to wait

Anyone @JESSE_O or @DARRYL_H etc...anyone able to see if there are other status in the systems related to our orders? This is crazy!!!

I don't have access to anything, but I'll see if Darryl can do anything.
Post 148 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
just dropping off a new order later.

4 books
Post 149 IP   flag post
Quote:

It's supposed to be a sculpture of a wave
Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Quote:

It's supposed to be a sculpture of a wave

nahhhhhhh.....it's a tongue!!!
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Today is exactly 5 weeks and still no word from CBCS the submission was received. Going blue from holding my breath.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
nahhhhhhh.....it's a tongue!!!

There have been many drunken university girls who... Ummm.... nevermind...
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit
Today is exactly 5 weeks and still no word from CBCS the submission was received. Going blue from holding my breath.

Did you send it to Oakville?
If Yes then, they sometimes send an email saying it was received there, look for an email from Steve Paulus.

My most recent order it took 10 weeks to get the confirmation email from Dallas. I know it's agony waiting to know if you just sent you books into the abyss or received on the other end.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit

Did you send it to Oakville?
If Yes then, they sometimes send an email saying it was received there, look for an email from Steve Paulus.

My most recent order it took 10 weeks to get the confirmation email from Dallas. I know it's agony waiting to know if you just sent you books into the abyss or received on the other end.

10 Weeks!!? Crikey! I could get it to China quicker

It went to Oakville via registered mail. Nothing from Steve Paulus, but if they don't open the packages until Dallas that's understandable.

Mostly concerned I did something wrong - packaged things wrong, or missed something I should've put on the box that would lead to the contents being misplaced or damaged. ..or Canada Post handed it to the janitor. If this first submission makes it to received I'll breathe easy.
Post 155 IP   flag post
601502 999 30