Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector RicksComicCrypt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @BrashSmurf
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I mean, if you say so. I don't have any "reliable sources", just what CGC says. And the fact that I have (and have had) a magazine or 2 in, and they've, so far, taken just as long as the comics.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah - I hear you and again in the past and typically, a comic submission and a magazine submission would see the comic come back first. However, for the past several months going back to late last year, the massive influx of comic speculation submissions has put comics well past the norm.
Mag tats have been affect to be sure. But, not as much as comics and a lot of that delay to mags is from the extra delays in check-in caused by...the excessive amount of standard comics.

This info comes by way of separate dealer level services.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Gotcha. Interesting that they wouldn't advertise that. It does make it annoying waiting on my Last Ronin books. Stupid odd sized comics.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksComicCrypt
Thanks @BrashSmurf
oh no, still haven't recieved my book. Just saying its over 10 weeks on a reholder

Website needs to reflect actual current TAT
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector RicksComicCrypt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:
Thanks @BrashSmurf
oh no, still haven't recieved my book. Just saying its over 10 weeks on a reholder

It’s crazy, you’d think a reholder would be the simplest thing to do. Turnaround times for it should be negligible.
Post 81 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:
Thanks @BrashSmurf

It’s crazy, you’d think a reholder would be the simplest thing to do. Turnaround times for it should be negligible.

The process doesn't run in silos...all orders converge to being holdered.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
Quote:
this will be week 13 for my order. 28 moderns, 2 expanded, no press. yet to be shipped. i keep reloading my email thinking any min.... that min never comes .

anyone have an accurate TAT right now? not in a hurry. just want to know what to expect.

officially 13 weeks today...

about to be on week 14....
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
this will be week 13 for my order. 28 moderns, 2 expanded, no press. yet to be shipped. i keep reloading my email thinking any min.... that min never comes .

anyone have an accurate TAT right now? not in a hurry. just want to know what to expect.

officially 13 weeks today...

about to be on week 14....

just went into shipping!!! if they get em out today I should be receiving right at about the 14 week mark. EXCITED!!
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Yea I think I’m going to wait till some of my books come back because it going on 5 weeks in LABELS.
Post 85 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone tell me what the various STAGES are?

I sent my first order off back in February, and when I go to my dashboard and open my order, it shows me what stage my books are in.

I don't go into the dashboard every day, but I have noticed stages for "Received" and "Grading"

Is someone able to list what ALL of the different stages are?

Thanks!
Post 86 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@MurrayC submitted
pressing
grading
labels
shipping
completed??
Post 87 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@MurrayC submitted
pressing
grading
labels
shipping
completed??

Great! Thank you!

Can anyone shed light on what the time frames are between each stage?
Post 88 IP   flag post
@MurrayC I believe that it varies. I don't think one can put a time limit on different stages.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@MurrayC main issue is that the stages aren't updated. I've had books go from "received" to shipping in 3 or 4 days after months and months of no updates.
Post 90 IP   flag post
labels and grading seem to be eating up the most time right now. 4-5 weeks in each for my regular submissions.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Well just got an email ready for shipping. The order was received 2/09. That a 13-14 weekend turn around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Yea I think I’m going to wait till some of my books come back because it going on 5 weeks in LABELS.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector salperalta private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you using CBCS Canada, is it normal to be stuck in ShiptoCanada for over 3 weeks? This is painful to watch my books stuck in limbo right now when they've already been graded and I can't even know what the grades are.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@MurrayC submitted
pressing
grading
labels
shipping
completed??
@MurrayC - you can also add stages like:

Billing
QC
Encapsulation
Etc.

But these tend to not show up very often and if they do, in many cases only briefly.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Well just got an email ready for shipping. The order was received 2/09. That a 13-14 weekend turn around

That's great news. My moderns were delivered on 2-22 and with VSP adding a week, will hopefully be shipped by the 24th.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by salperalta
For those of you using CBCS Canada, is it normal to be stuck in ShiptoCanada for over 3 weeks? This is painful to watch my books stuck in limbo right now when they've already been graded and I can't even know what the grades are.

Yes, I have an invoice stuck in ShipToCanada and I received it 2 months ago.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:

sadly this friday will be 9 weeks in 'ShipToCanada' for me on one order..I have another that is probably 5 weeks?
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
Quote:

Yes, I have an invoice stuck in ShipToCanada and I received it 2 months ago.

if you message one of the moderators they should be able to kick it out of ShipToCanada and get your grades/notes etc. to show
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Update for the Dallas submissions: my books were delivered on 4/23 and just about 15 minutes ago my submission charged and is now updated to processing. So 18 days from delivery to processing. In comparison, another place has announced the are presently opening submission boxes received the week of 4/5/21. So I’m happy with CBCS’ movement. I’ll be gathering more books for another CBCS submission shortly!
Post 99 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponx606
So 18 days from delivery to processing. In comparison, another place has announced the are presently opening submission boxes received the week of 4/5/21
@Weaponx606 - And, keep in mind, that although it was 18 days before CBCS updated your dashboard, they actually “opened” your submission right after receipt. So, processing actually started before staff updated the dashboard.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Scifinator is right, the TAT starts when they open the box.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
So 18 days from delivery to processing. In comparison, another place has announced the are presently opening submission boxes received the week of 4/5/21
@Weaponx606 - And, keep in mind, that although it was 18 days before CBCS updated your dashboard, they actually “opened” your submission right after receipt. So, processing actually started before staff updated the dashboard.

Understood, unfortunately that info doesn’t hit the dashboard so it’s a bit vague. My “personal” TAT clock doesn’t start until I get charged, that way I don’t get overly anxious until the posted TAT hits my charge date.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Woohoo! My "Holiday 2020" submission went from received to grading, I'm assuming it hit pressing somewhere in between. I really want my Star Wars #2 back.
Post 103 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
My eyes are escaping me, but did I see someone post that their books have been in "Labels" for several weeks?
My order is now pushing over 2 weeks in "Labels" and that would be a 1st for me.
So just looking for guidance/other's experiences if 2+ weeks is "normal" these days to be sitting in "Labels"?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector felnora private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Update for the Dallas submissions: my books were delivered on 4/23 and just about 15 minutes ago my submission charged and is now updated to processing. So 18 days from delivery to processing. In comparison, another place has announced the are presently opening submission boxes received the week of 4/5/21. So I’m happy with CBCS’ movement. I’ll be gathering more books for another CBCS submission shortly!

What was the 'status' prior to processing?
Post 105 IP   flag post
601461 999 30