Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
After waiting a little over 4 months, my order of 3 books arrived today. I had 2 modern and one reholder on a Verified Signature. Needless to say, I am not that impressed with the Quality Control or lack there of. There is a huge scratch on the back of the reholder slab and a fiber or hair or something that was encapsulated with it. The other two slabs have scratches on them too.

Post 951 IP   flag post
Apparently their QC is off...here are the other two books....

Post 952 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
That one at the bottom of Ren & Stimpy looks like the injection molding artifact the new cases have. The others definitely look like they were slid around on a table or something.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23

This makes me feel that my books from a June 1st submission are just lost in transit from Canada to Dallas.

I have owned these books for 30 years and kept them safe that whole time only to send them to some third party shipping company in Canada to have them bundled up whenever to be shipped to Dallas with no way to track them after they are received in Oakville. I paid for insurance on the shipment from me to Oakville which was successfully delivered so I have no remedy if there is an issue from Oakville to Dallas.

Right now my books are in a black hole...

Just my 2cents

Edit: I should add I would not really care about the wait times if I simply knew where or if my books were in the system. Some kind of acknowledgement that the books where shipped from Canada to Dallas > Books received in Dallas for sorting > Books in the que to start the process....

Holy crap. When I was reading this I thought it was something that had been written by me. Right down to the 30 year time frame. That was eerie.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
That one at the bottom of Ren & Stimpy looks like the injection molding artifact the new cases have. The others definitely look like they were slid around on a table or something.

I emailed customer service with the photos, hoping they will make it right. If not, then I won't send anymore books in to them. When you spend almost $600 on grading, it kind of defeats the purpose if they come back all scuffed up. Might as well keep them raw.
Post 955 IP   flag post

Collector jsrtt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett316
Any current turnaround times?

Im at April 27th for my last invoice of mixed moderns and older.

And I just mailed in some 2 day moderns.. didnt know what timeframe to expect for that one.

thank you

Been sitting at labels for my April submission for around 2 1/2 months. Sent in a pair of 2 day moderns and they were delivered on Wednesday, marked as received yesterday, and got the shipping email today.
Post 956 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
There is a huge scratch on the back of the reholder slab and a fiber or hair or something that was encapsulated with it. The other two slabs have scratches on them too.

I feel ya, bro. My guess is that CBCS is rushing so hard to get the backlog out that cases get dinged and details get missed. I can accept small scuffs and mold marks on my plastic cases as long as the book is protected. (I don't expect 'mint' bags on all my raw comics.) No excuse for hairs, etc. to get encapsulated with the book though. We don't want CBCS to become Brand Echh!
Post 957 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HammitChris all of their slabs have those scratches. As a CBCS supporter it's extremely depressing. It seems like their QC has gone way downhill, which isn't all that surprising since there has been a massive increase in submission volume.
Post 958 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@HammitChris all of their slabs have those scratches. As a CBCS supporter it's extremely depressing. It seems like their QC has gone way downhill, which isn't all that surprising since there has been a massive increase in submission volume.

High submission volume isn't an excuse to lower the quality of the product, in my opinion. Especially when you take into account that people are waiting longer times to get their books back.
Post 959 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HammitChris you're right. There's no excuse. I was only saying it's not surprising, because this is exactly what's happening at CGC. I think there are a lot of new employees, a lot of overtime hours, and a lot of tired employees making more mistakes. I know whenever I worked a lot of overtime, the quality of my work went downhill fast and I was an accident prone liability.
Post 960 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
BCW (and others) makes bags for graded books. I wonder if it would be worth CBCS putting the slabs right into the bags after completion. Charge 50 cents a bag and the scratches and scuffing should be prevented.
Post 961 IP   flag post
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, if everything else is done right, I'm not too concerned about a scuff. The hair/fiber thing would bother me though.
Post 962 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstar
Personally, if everything else is done right, I'm not too concerned about a scuff. The hair/fiber thing would bother me though.
There is more than one scuff on two of them. A minor one, ok I can see that, but it shouldn't look like someone has driven around with it sliding around in their floorboard.
Post 963 IP   flag post
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
There is more than one scuff on two of them. A minor one, ok I can see that, but it shouldn't look like someone has driven around with it sliding around in their floorboard.

haha yes absolutely, not saying you should be ok with that. It's just I'm so far off from getting mine back that I can only dream of scuffs.
Post 964 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstar
Quote:

haha yes absolutely, not saying you should be ok with that. It's just I'm so far off from getting mine back that I can only dream of scuffs.

I'm dreaming of a refund...
Post 965 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

So do 3 things for peace of mind:
1. Ensure CBCS received your package using your postal service tracking system
2. Ensure your books eventually gets onto the dashboard (whenever the heck that might be)
3. Familiarize yourself with CBCS turnaround time. Add/Minus a tolerance of a week or 2; and that should cover it.

How do we do 2? That is the crux of the angst for many of us.

I'm seconding this. How do we accomplish this?
Post 966 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Book from this morning (received 2nd/3rd week of April) is now completed and should be shipping soon
Book has now shipped
Post 967 IP   flag post
Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
Any Canucks have a rough time frame? I am at 16 weeks and have yet to even have my comics marked as received...
Post 968 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockstar84
Any Canucks have a rough time frame? I am at 16 weeks and have yet to even have my comics marked as received...

My July Submission is at 7 weeks and is not in received status yet, but I know that they have said they are backlogged entering orders into the system.

I've been tracking the timeframe for my orders. The time from submission online to when it's checked in (Dallas) has been taking a very long time and seems to be getting longer, see below.

Post 969 IP   flag post
Collector crash22 private msg quote post Address this user
@Brockstar84 I submitted end of January, got an email 5 weeks later saying received then received another email about 3-4 weeks ago saying ship to Canada. Still no books it’s been 7 months now lol
Post 970 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
3 Moderns newly listed on my dashboard March 25th
- No press
- VSP

Shipping notice came today 8/23

That's approximately 21 weeks.
Listed TAT is 17 weeks + 1 week VSP = 18 weeks

I suppose I can live with TATs that are +/- 3 weeks variation of listed timeframe.
I dunno what to expect anymore. I really don't.
Post 971 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
3 Moderns newly listed on my dashboard March 25th
- No press
- VSP

Shipping notice came today 8/23

That's approximately 21 weeks.
Listed TAT is 17 weeks + 1 week VSP = 18 weeks

I suppose I can live with TATs that are +/- 3 weeks variation of listed timeframe.
I dunno what to expect anymore. I really don't.

That's consistent with my 17 moderns w/2 VSP that were received on March 17th. I got them about a week ago, so 21wk as well.
Post 972 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_Such private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Anyone know what the turnaround times are for fast tracked books????

I would like to know as well. My submission got to them 7/6 and my dashboard was updated 10 days later. As of then, nothing. No emails of status updates or anything. I did have one book VSP that they damaged and were suppose to credit me for and haven't seen the credit either.
Post 973 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email saying my books have moved from Grading to the Production Area.

Created invoice 3/30
Sent 3/31
Received by CBCS 4/20
Post 974 IP   flag post
My books have now been packaged and shipped.
Post 975 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@El_Dub13 awesome! what are talking here? modens?, vintage? press, no press?
Post 976 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@El_Dub13 awesome! what are talking here? modens?, vintage? press, no press?

Moderns. No press. Cover artists include Dan Mendoza, Piper Rudich, Michael McComb and Momoko.
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockstar84

I just got a received email for my July Submission and I was charged. Status is now processing.

I would reach out to @Darryl_H to see if he can help you out.
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Had an order of 5 books, all modern fast pass with a press and signature verification..

Order was on May 3rd, I think they received it probably 3 or 4 days later on the 6th or 7th of May. They are being shipped back today.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector xtraplayer private msg quote post Address this user
Week 23 and waiting..... Invoice states Grading for a few weeks now.
Post 980 IP   flag post
601333 999 30