Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed in two orders on June 28th (one for press, one without press). Sent priority and they received on June 30th (per USPS). I was informed today that the pressing order has been officially received in their pressing department. That's 7 weeks for them to officially "receive" a package. I submitted two orders as the suggestion was to separate pressing on non-pressing; so I did that. I don't necessarily expect the dashboard to update, but since they directly informed me via e-mail (and dash DID update) figured I'd share.
Post 926 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptoscomics
I have books received by CBCS almost 2 months ago that still are not on the dashboard. My contact there often doesn't answer my emails about this. I don't love the 5 month processing time but it is completely unacceptable that they can't even find the books received so long ago. I am incredibly frustrated. I completely agree with the comments showing up here

Just fyi, CBCS knows where your books are. The dashboard is on a separate network than the internal network used. The dashboard information has to be manually entered. Your books are safe.

Having said that, I get the frustration.

Maybe it's time to integrate the two systems so that when the internal system is updated, so are our dashboards...........Just a thought, but it would sure make things a bit better for us who are the ones paying for all this, right? Thanks Jesse
Post 927 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a software link from the CBCS internal system to the dashboard/external/customer system?
That would seem like a major major upgrade with very little outlay of $$$ for the software linkages?

I dunno - just looking for a simple solution
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
One more week and I hit the 17 week mark.
Been in grading since 07/28/21.
Let's see if they hit right on the nose or will they be longer.

Only the Shadow knows! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector crash22 private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t hold your breath I’m at 26 weeks and waiting, says books were shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago, this is crazy
Post 930 IP   flag post

Collector illgase private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklamer
One more week and I hit the 17 week mark.
Been in grading since 07/28/21.
Let's see if they hit right on the nose or will they be longer.

Only the Shadow knows! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
mine have been in slab for over a month... So be prepared for that
Post 931 IP   flag post
Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
@crash22 yeah and their customer service line is a total sham, they do nothing besides pretend they are doing something to get you off the line.
Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I respectfully disagree about customer service. I just reached out to them to make an adjustment to my order. I had to follow up with them but got it taken care of (adding VSP to a submitted book) although the rep eventually called me back. It took a couple of days.
Post 933 IP   flag post
Collector crash22 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobaskek maybe their customer service was good for you but I emailed them 3 times no response, I’ve emailed Steve no response and called was told someone would call back in 2 hours 4 days went by I had to call them back. To me that’s terrible customer service.
Post 934 IP   flag post
Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek well I have been calling customer service, emailing the reps, emailing everyone and as of yet which is 5 weeks trying to get some kind of response has yielded nothing. So to me that is pretty abysmal
Post 935 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
In this day and age, i think that integrating their internal system with the dashboard would be a HUGE mistake with great risk. Hackers, ransom attacks, etc. I think it would be very likely that even fanboys of a competitor would be enticed to attempt to create havok.

Unless you want our logins to be insanely difficult, and for CBCS to spend heavy 5 digit to 6 digit on enhanced cybersecurity, it is best that the dashboard be separate from their internal systems.
Post 936 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek Just be aware, until you see it show up on your dashboard I wouldn’t take it as a done deal.

Anyways, my order received on the 2nd or 3rd week of April has now entered Production so only a few days until it ships and probably in hand by the end of next week
Post 937 IP   flag post
Collector Kryptoscomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 sent in early April still in processing so hopefully that means they will enter production soon too. I have more waiting sent between May and July. I decided to quit sending any more until I finally get the books I already sent. And my one that was missing for 2 months is now showing as being there finally.
Post 938 IP   flag post
@Kryptoscomics Please see this post in the Newbie’s Guide on how to track your order

“Processing” is a broad umbrella status for the order basically meaning that the books are at CBCS. My order that just went into production is still in “Processing.” The specific status for each tier will you more about the order’s progress in the overall process
Post 939 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Bobashek Just be aware, until you see it show up on your dashboard I wouldn’t take it as a done deal.

Anyways, my order received on the 2nd or 3rd week of April has now entered Production so only a few days until it ships and probably in hand by the end of next week

I do show an update on my dashboard so I'm assuming it's good???
Post 940 IP   flag post
@Bobashek should be good though next time I would crop or blur out my home address before posting to a public forum
Post 941 IP   flag post
I didn't even see that. Thanks for calling it out.
Post 942 IP   flag post
Collector Cbarnett316 private msg quote post Address this user
Any current turnaround times?

Im at April 27th for my last invoice of mixed moderns and older.

And I just mailed in some 2 day moderns.. didnt know what timeframe to expect for that one.

thank you
Post 943 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I just got an email saying my order from January 30 just entered grading. Yippee! I almost fell off my barstool! Order did have a few for pressing. Shouldn’t be too many more years now!
Post 944 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
This kind of reminds me of work when a major system is down. If people would just leave me the hell alone it would get fixed much faster.
Post 945 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett316

And I just mailed in some 2 day moderns.. didnt know what timeframe to expect for that one.

thank you

Currently estimated turnaround times are about 19 weeks for non-expedited tiers. 2-Day Modern about a week

As I mentioned just a few posts above, my order from the 2nd/3rd week of April is just a few days away from completion
Post 946 IP   flag post
Collector Ramage23 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptoscomics
My submission from July 1 as of 10 minutes ago now says processing. So some progress

This makes me feel that my books from a June 1st submission are just lost in transit from Canada to Dallas.

I have owned these books for 30 years and kept them safe that whole time only to send them to some third party shipping company in Canada to have them bundled up whenever to be shipped to Dallas with no way to track them after they are received in Oakville. I paid for insurance on the shipment from me to Oakville which was successfully delivered so I have no remedy if there is an issue from Oakville to Dallas.

If you are Canadian I would highly suggests just sending to Dallas and deal with all the BS that comes with that but at least you will know where your books are.

Right now my books are in a black hole...

Just my 2cents

Edit: I should add I would not really care about the wait times if I simply knew where or if my books were in the system. Some kind of acknowledgement that the books where shipped from Canada to Dallas > Books received in Dallas for sorting > Books in the que to start the process....
Post 947 IP   flag post
Anyone know what the turnaround times are for fast tracked books????
Post 948 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett316

thank you

Currently estimated turnaround times are about 19 weeks for non-expedited tiers.

As I mentioned just a few posts above, my order from the 2nd/3rd week of April is just a few days away from completion

Hope so. I have an April submission also.
Some real goodies in that lot.
Bronze age beauties I am excited to get back.....
Post 949 IP   flag post
Book from this morning (received 2nd/3rd week of April) is now completed and should be shipping soon
Post 950 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
After waiting a little over 4 months, my order of 3 books arrived today. I had 2 modern and one reholder on a Verified Signature. Needless to say, I am not that impressed with the Quality Control or lack there of. There is a huge scratch on the back of the reholder slab and a fiber or hair or something that was encapsulated with it. The other two slabs have scratches on them too.

Post 951 IP   flag post
Apparently their QC is off...here are the other two books....

Post 952 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
That one at the bottom of Ren & Stimpy looks like the injection molding artifact the new cases have. The others definitely look like they were slid around on a table or something.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramage23

This makes me feel that my books from a June 1st submission are just lost in transit from Canada to Dallas.

I have owned these books for 30 years and kept them safe that whole time only to send them to some third party shipping company in Canada to have them bundled up whenever to be shipped to Dallas with no way to track them after they are received in Oakville. I paid for insurance on the shipment from me to Oakville which was successfully delivered so I have no remedy if there is an issue from Oakville to Dallas.

Right now my books are in a black hole...

Just my 2cents

Edit: I should add I would not really care about the wait times if I simply knew where or if my books were in the system. Some kind of acknowledgement that the books where shipped from Canada to Dallas > Books received in Dallas for sorting > Books in the que to start the process....

Holy crap. When I was reading this I thought it was something that had been written by me. Right down to the 30 year time frame. That was eerie.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
That one at the bottom of Ren & Stimpy looks like the injection molding artifact the new cases have. The others definitely look like they were slid around on a table or something.

I emailed customer service with the photos, hoping they will make it right. If not, then I won't send anymore books in to them. When you spend almost $600 on grading, it kind of defeats the purpose if they come back all scuffed up. Might as well keep them raw.
Post 955 IP   flag post
601529 999 30