Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

So do 3 things for peace of mind:
1. Ensure CBCS received your package using your postal service tracking system
2. Ensure your books eventually gets onto the dashboard (whenever the heck that might be)
3. Familiarize yourself with CBCS turnaround time. Add/Minus a tolerance of a week or 2; and that should cover it.

How do we do 2? That is the crux of the angst for many of us.

lol exactly. If #2 was ironed out, this thread would be a lot quieter. Especially for first-timers who are somewhat shocked when first learning this is a thing. It's like, "Wait, what??"

Regardless of TAT, nobody would expect to be stuck on "submitted" for over a month and longer. Besides a general uneasiness, there's that 60-day shipping insurance window expiring that's the real sore thumb.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Collector crash22 private msg quote post Address this user
Talked to someone today finally, they said my order was shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago and to be patient should arrive soon even though it’s been 7 months lol. Curious my dashboard does not have any comics listed but they say my boos are shipped has anyone else experienced this.
Post 902 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid @Dawnstar yea... I totally understand. That is my caveat "whenever the heck that might be"... lol. And that does remain an unfortunate piece in all this that retains some level of stress.

I don't have a good answer for that one.
I can only say once it on the dashboard you're good. In fact, I am of the opinion once my Post office tracking indicates it was delivered to CBCS, then I'm good.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
It’s been two months and 2 ordered have not been received on my dashboard. 🤦‍♂️
Then I have two books for rehoused due to CBCS mislabeled which don’t show up on my dashboard. Cust serv doesn’t reply to emails.
Frustrated.
Post 904 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@bennyb86 Mega-Con was so freakin packed on Saturday..................
I really wish the would spread the vendor booths out and widen the isles so that it's not elbow to elbow in there.
I think they should also restrict all the cosplay people to a separate area so people not doing cosplay can actually enjoy the con.
Very few comic book vendors with back issues. Mostly new variant dealers like Unknown & Frankies etc....
I'm old school. I like bronze, silver and some copper.
It's so commercialized now. Not as great of a show as it use to be 20+ years ago....
Post 905 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Just in case it has been missed by some/many I'll provide what I do.
I completely, totally, and absolutely pay zero attention to either the invoice status or the dashboard status. CBCS clearly does not make "true" status a priority. That's a whole different discussion as to whether they should or shouldn't make it a priority. Fact is they do not.

So do 3 things for peace of mind:
1. Ensure CBCS received your package using your postal service tracking system
2. Ensure your books eventually gets onto the dashboard (whenever the heck that might be)
3. Familiarize yourself with CBCS turnaround time. Add/Minus a tolerance of a week or 2; and that should cover it.

This actually works (for the most part) and has reduced my stress level significantly on the "where are my books" topic.
I don't even bother looking at status anymore. It's inaccurate, not revised appropriately, and often misleading.

So I escaped from the funny farm for the weekend...
Submitted another 30 moderns (received on Monday-that's fast!!!) and went Saturday to
Mega-(Con-Gested)..That place was so packed. Thought I could blend in, but they cought me because I wasn't dressed in any cosplay garb....So back to the comic book funny farm....hahahehehoho......
Post 906 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash22
Talked to someone today finally, they said my order was shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago and to be patient should arrive soon even though it’s been 7 months lol. Curious my dashboard does not have any comics listed but they say my boos are shipped has anyone else experienced this.

yup!
I've had an order back before it even said shipped!!
Post 907 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@Nearmint67 ty sir lmao

Yeah, the left hand has no idea that there is a right hand over there....
Maybe they should have a company pic-nic and shake on getting the show back on track.
Maybe consider paying people more than the advertised 14.00 - 14.50 per hour.
Seriously, McDonalds' is paying high school kids 15.00. And they want these folks to handle, log, press, grade, label, encapsulate, pack and ship our comics for that pittance amount of $$....
Man! PAY they people. I think Beckett can afford to lead the way and pay folks 20.00 - 25.00 to start and then more as they get better at all the things needed to get our very valuable comics from received to shipped. PAY...PAY...PAY...Stop Being a tight wad......
Oh, did I just vent at the ridiculousness we are all enduring? MY sincere apologies....
Post 908 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

yup!
I've had an order back before it even said shipped!!

It's a special service for Canadians so we don't peek at our grades before we get them. Makes for better YouTube unboxing videos.
Post 909 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
how did you get to talk to someone? Any email I send to customer support comes back undeliverable, so they have shut down email to customer support??
Post 910 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
Mar 21, 2021 21-101AF45 Processing 16

No status change since updated to received. Last update was from Steve saying they were through pressing almost two months ago. Invoice hasn't updated at all only shows submitted. : ^)
Post 911 IP   flag post
Collector Kryptoscomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have books received by CBCS almost 2 months ago that still are not on the dashboard. My contact there often doesn't answer my emails about this. I don't love the 5 month processing time but it is completely unacceptable that they can't even find the books received so long ago. I am incredibly frustrated. I completely agree with the comments showing up here
Post 912 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
These are now in Grading/Labels.

Showcase 55
Kamandi 1
Mister Miracle 2
New Gods 9
New Gods 9
Nick Fury 1
Sandman 1
July 25, 2021

Still in Labels

still in Labels
Post 913 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
What are the chances I can have these three submissions released from my dashboard? I've had them back for months now.

21-05671C6
21-0334F62
21-01CFF7E

Thanks!

still on my dashboatd
Post 914 IP   flag post
how did you get to talk to someone? Any email I send to customer support comes back undeliverable, so they have shut down email to customer support??

@timberghost I Called the 1-844 number talk d to someone in the call centre they said my books were shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago and I should get my books in a few weeks. Still doesn’t make sense to me lol
Post 915 IP   flag post
Quote:

@timberghost I Called the 1-844 number talk d to someone in the call centre they said my books were shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago and I should get my books in a few weeks. Still doesn’t make sense to me lol

I messaged Steve in the pressing thread a few months ago. He is normally really good about updating people where their books are on his end.
Post 916 IP   flag post
I messaged Steve on Monday still waiting to hear back, CBCS customer support in general is terrible
Post 917 IP   flag post
Quote:

could always copy spaulus@cbcscomics.com

Steve Paulus is the Canada rep - but he lives about 2 or 3 hours away from Oakville on the US side so hasn't been able to cross - but - he may have more visibility to what is going on. I had a return take 14 weeks though Oakville a while back

By the sound of it there have been service issues from their Canadian partner - I would think they will change partners after things get back to normal - or maybe once back to normal they won't require the extra service level from them as Steve could handle it himself?
Post 918 IP   flag post
Quote:
I messaged Steve on Monday still waiting to hear back, CBCS customer support in general is terrible

Yeah it can be quite daunting trying to figure out where your books are and how much longer you have waiting but I will say the final product is worth the wait.
Post 919 IP   flag post
My submission from July 1 as of 10 minutes ago now says processing. So some progress
Post 920 IP   flag post
fuel for the fire!!!

anyone confirm where my books are??

Steve Paulus said they had my books and they would be in the system "soon" but that was a month and a half ago!!

order details

Post 921 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptoscomics
I have books received by CBCS almost 2 months ago that still are not on the dashboard. My contact there often doesn't answer my emails about this. I don't love the 5 month processing time but it is completely unacceptable that they can't even find the books received so long ago. I am incredibly frustrated. I completely agree with the comments showing up here

Just fyi, CBCS knows where your books are. The dashboard is on a separate network than the internal network used. The dashboard information has to be manually entered. Your books are safe.

Having said that, I get the frustration.
Post 922 IP   flag post
As a company in charge of both systems they really need to get that integrated and working better. It does not represent them well
And their reps need to be responsive and do more than just say we are backed up and working on it
Post 923 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My submission from July 1 as of 10 minutes ago now says processing. So some progress

Well that doesn't make me feel any better. My June 10 submission (thru Oakville) still not showing as received. Support told me submissions would be in the queue according to the date received.
Post 924 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

could always copy spaulus@cbcscomics.com

Steve Paulus is the Canada rep - but he lives about 2 or 3 hours away from Oakville on the US side so hasn't been able to cross - but - he may have more visibility to what is going on. I had a return take 14 weeks though Oakville a while back

By the sound of it there have been service issues from their Canadian partner - I would think they will change partners after things get back to normal - or maybe once back to normal they won't require the extra service level from them as Steve could handle it himself?

Steve was the rep who was at my show in WA state. He has nor answered my email nor can I reach him by phone. I really wish we talked more in depth about membership and VSP.

On a side note, if CBCS is looking for additional business development reps, I would seriously consider it.
Post 925 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed in two orders on June 28th (one for press, one without press). Sent priority and they received on June 30th (per USPS). I was informed today that the pressing order has been officially received in their pressing department. That's 7 weeks for them to officially "receive" a package. I submitted two orders as the suggestion was to separate pressing on non-pressing; so I did that. I don't necessarily expect the dashboard to update, but since they directly informed me via e-mail (and dash DID update) figured I'd share.
Post 926 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Just fyi, CBCS knows where your books are. The dashboard is on a separate network than the internal network used. The dashboard information has to be manually entered. Your books are safe.

Having said that, I get the frustration.

Maybe it's time to integrate the two systems so that when the internal system is updated, so are our dashboards...........Just a thought, but it would sure make things a bit better for us who are the ones paying for all this, right? Thanks Jesse
Post 927 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a software link from the CBCS internal system to the dashboard/external/customer system?
That would seem like a major major upgrade with very little outlay of $$$ for the software linkages?

I dunno - just looking for a simple solution
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
One more week and I hit the 17 week mark.
Been in grading since 07/28/21.
Let's see if they hit right on the nose or will they be longer.

Only the Shadow knows! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Post 929 IP   flag post
Don’t hold your breath I’m at 26 weeks and waiting, says books were shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago, this is crazy
Post 930 IP   flag post
601289 999 30