Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email a few minutes ago indicating that my order has been received by CBCS. At 6 weeks, it's in line with what I've been seeing here on the forum.

Modern Tier Submission
Delivered: 7-6
Received: 8-16
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email that an order is in production a few minutes ago.

This order was received by CBCS on 3/2/21 and went into processing on 3/7/21 but I should note that this is a bit of an outlier as to save on shipping I sent in books for Press Screening + Reholding + Regular Grading with so they all had to catch up to each other at some point and it looks like it finally happened.

(I'm officially calling it just because I met Darryl this weekend at Megacon! Great guy!)

EDIT: Blaming it on a case of the Mondays, just was realizing as the longest book was a Press Screen + Expanded Grading with Fast Pass if anyone had a similar book from the beginning of March expect it soon.
Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector crash22 private msg quote post Address this user
EDIT: Blaming it on a case of the Mondays, just was realizing as the longest book was a Press Screen + Expanded Grading with Fast Pass if anyone had a similar book from the beginning of March expect it soon.

Wouldn’t hold your breath still waiting for my comics in which cbcs has had from February. Good luck
Post 878 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@killjoy we are waiting for your books to arrive .
We have your books .
We are opening the box
We are having sandwiches we'll get back to in a bit .
We are moving your books to pressing
We haven't decided yet if they need to be pressed .
We asked congress if these comics are subtle for pressing.
Congress asks the United Nation which then tell cbcs if they are pressable or not.
We have now moved your books closer to the pressing machine.
You are so close to having your books pressed.
We can't press your books right now we're doing a star wars marathon.
We are pressing your books gently.
We are now pressing the bejesus out of your books .
Your books are pressed but now must be inspected by a wise kola bear .
Your books have to attend that are you smart enough to be gradded seminar.
Emo.
Your books can now be graded.
Discounts making a comeback didnyou hear??!!
Super grading.
Superior grading.
We are reading the last blockbusters twitter page.
Rap metal.
En stage grading.
Goth is in again.
Make shift labels before actual labels
Encapsulation and finally we hopenypur books arrive before you can retire...

Did I miss anything??

Frerakin' spot on hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector illgase private msg quote post Address this user
Can i get an update on thiz
Order# 21-11F00DA @stevericketts
Post 880 IP   flag post

Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I wish, I just hit 16 weeks and still sitting at submitted. Hopefully I'm one of those cases where they show up at my door and are still showing submitted in the dashboard.
Post 881 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Also in the middle of my 16th week since my order was delivered to the Canadian office according to Canada Post. Still only showing "Submitted".
Post 882 IP   flag post
Don’t hold your breath, I’ve been waiting 7 months for 8 books, emails ignored and they don’t call you back when hey say someone will within 2 hours. I would not be mad if someone would at least respond to me lol
Post 883 IP   flag post
Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
@Silversorrow you sound like me except they already charged my ass lol
Post 884 IP   flag post
They charged me months ago
Post 885 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@killjoy - After grading, in normal times, one may see some of the following steps -

QC
Labels
Heat Seal
Encasement
Shipping
Shipped/Complete

That said, things are not normal right now with ongoing Pandemic, Hyper-Speculation, PO'd cgc customers coming to CBCS, etc. Just take a look at the post prior to yours on this thread. @GAC has received three submissions back months ago yet they are still reflecting Shipping status. So, yours may or may not be farther in the process but the dashboard may not reflect it.

Cheers

Besides Submitted and received, are there any other categories before grading?

@Bobashek -
Processing
press (if chosen)
&
Billing (if there is some data entry, card, credit issue, etc)
Post 886 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. Very helpful.
Post 887 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
Well I was notified of a shipment for something and I don't show anything being shipped.

Had a book that has been in freaking limbo with a cleaner and presser. Was supposed to be finished by the first week of July. never heard anything and then they misplaced my $2000.00 book. Then find out they said it was ready to go to CBCS and didn't ship for another two weeks.

So they inform me about 2 weeks ago that my book had shipped to CBCS and never heard anything from CBCS. So I finally sent them another email requesting the tracking so I could check on it and got no response until today when I receive an email saying I have a package shipping to me from CBCS.

But I have never gotten any acknowledgement that the order was received and nothing about it being paid for and nothing is showing on my dashboard for another order. So I have no idea what I am getting tomorrow.

SURPRISE!
Post 888 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@cklamer sounds like your problem is with the presser, not CBCS. It wouldn't show up on your dashboard unless they submitted it under your account. Generally, a presser will submit to CBCS under their own account. Why don't you contact your presser directly and ask them what book CBCS is sending you back? That seems like the simplest solution.
Post 889 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
Oh no I wasn't saying the issue is with CBCS. All I said was I have a shipment coming from CBCS and I have no idea what it is. Not sure if it is that book or not. But it was supposed to be under my account because I know I didn't pay them enough for the processing at CBCS. That is why I am totally confused with these folks. Like I said above I did try and contact them and have gotten no response.

The one order I do show on my dashboard hasn't moved in grading for 3 weeks so pretty sure it's not that one. So hoping it is my book it's been out and about since May.
Post 890 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockstar84
@flanders I wish, I just hit 16 weeks and still sitting at submitted. Hopefully I'm one of those cases where they show up at my door and are still showing submitted in the dashboard.
I'm just about the same. mine got to the canadian hub end may, still haven't been charged still sitting on submitted, i'm kinda freaking out a bit since its my first submission but trying to keep it together.
Post 891 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy
Quote:
I'm just about the same. mine got to the canadian hub end may, still haven't been charged still sitting on submitted, i'm kinda freaking out a bit since its my first submission but trying to keep it together.

no need to freak out...your books will show up on your dashboard.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Collector PhantomStranger271 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been reading the last 10-15 pages of this forum and, maybe I'm just a cynic, but I'm getting the feeling that no one really knows when any of their orders will be resolved. I know that there is a lot of variation with the orders that are sent in, I just wish we didn't have to take so much on faith and patience.

Just an observation.

But also, I'm just nervous since this is my first order.

Keep trucking CBCS.
Post 893 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger271
maybe I'm just a cynic, but I'm getting the feeling that no one really knows when any of their orders will be resolved.

I don't think that makes you a cynic. It just means you've finally taken the Red Pill. Welcome to the real world. It's not just here, this shit is happening all around you.
Post 894 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 ty sir lmao
Post 895 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy
Quote:

I had mine in submitted from mid April to Mid August, so yours will hopefully be going soon. Just trying to give some perspective of time for you guys.
Post 896 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just in case it has been missed by some/many I'll provide what I do.
I completely, totally, and absolutely pay zero attention to either the invoice status or the dashboard status. CBCS clearly does not make "true" status a priority. That's a whole different discussion as to whether they should or shouldn't make it a priority. Fact is they do not.

So do 3 things for peace of mind:
1. Ensure CBCS received your package using your postal service tracking system
2. Ensure your books eventually gets onto the dashboard (whenever the heck that might be)
3. Familiarize yourself with CBCS turnaround time. Add/Minus a tolerance of a week or 2; and that should cover it.

This actually works (for the most part) and has reduced my stress level significantly on the "where are my books" topic.
I don't even bother looking at status anymore. It's inaccurate, not revised appropriately, and often misleading.
Post 897 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the notification that my order that was received 4/18 is now heading to shipping on 8/18, 4 months exactly. I had 2 modern (no fast passes) and 1 reholder.
Post 898 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

2. Ensure your books eventually gets onto the dashboard (whenever the heck that might be)
3. Familiarize yourself with CBCS turnaround time. Add/Minus a tolerance of a week or 2; and that should cover it.

How do we do 2? That is the crux of the angst for many of us.
Post 899 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
For our viewers at home...

Delivered to CBCS 3/2/21
Processing 3/7/21
Shipped via FedEx 8/18/21

*again an outlier order of Press Screen Books, Reholders, and Expanded Grading so probably not the best for estimating TATs but it is what it is
Post 900 IP   flag post
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

How do we do 2? That is the crux of the angst for many of us.

lol exactly. If #2 was ironed out, this thread would be a lot quieter. Especially for first-timers who are somewhat shocked when first learning this is a thing. It's like, "Wait, what??"

Regardless of TAT, nobody would expect to be stuck on "submitted" for over a month and longer. Besides a general uneasiness, there's that 60-day shipping insurance window expiring that's the real sore thumb.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Talked to someone today finally, they said my order was shipped to Canada 3 weeks ago and to be patient should arrive soon even though it’s been 7 months lol. Curious my dashboard does not have any comics listed but they say my boos are shipped has anyone else experienced this.
Post 902 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid @Dawnstar yea... I totally understand. That is my caveat "whenever the heck that might be"... lol. And that does remain an unfortunate piece in all this that retains some level of stress.

I don't have a good answer for that one.
I can only say once it on the dashboard you're good. In fact, I am of the opinion once my Post office tracking indicates it was delivered to CBCS, then I'm good.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
It’s been two months and 2 ordered have not been received on my dashboard. 🤦‍♂️
Then I have two books for rehoused due to CBCS mislabeled which don’t show up on my dashboard. Cust serv doesn’t reply to emails.
Frustrated.
Post 904 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@bennyb86 Mega-Con was so freakin packed on Saturday..................
I really wish the would spread the vendor booths out and widen the isles so that it's not elbow to elbow in there.
I think they should also restrict all the cosplay people to a separate area so people not doing cosplay can actually enjoy the con.
Very few comic book vendors with back issues. Mostly new variant dealers like Unknown & Frankies etc....
I'm old school. I like bronze, silver and some copper.
It's so commercialized now. Not as great of a show as it use to be 20+ years ago....
Post 905 IP   flag post
601502 999 30