Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
My second submission is at week 19 as of today
Post 801 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
As my order went in late June, is it safe to assume that as long as there are no 'hundreds of books' orders ahead if mine that I could potentially see something start to happen in the next couple of weeks?
@Bobashek - Good question, but, tough to guage. Keep in mind, that there are different departments involved. Based on my submissions, from early may through july, I have now been billed through mid-june and the early june order that I alluded to above, I just got an email from billing a few minutes after to which I immediately responded and Voila! it moved from Submitted to Processing. My points are, it was received a week or so prior to my previous submission movement,
Post 802 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek - continuing-sorry, hit reply before i finished.

Anyway, the other point is sure, there could be a monster submission(s) that further gum up, but other things could crop up to disrupt what consistency they are seeming to have in catching up with the dashboard, billing, and comms. Could be that some people get sick, a slew of orders need billing clarification or something, etc.

But if I were to bet, as long as no new major incidents occur, I would not be surprised if you saw some dashboard movements or billing before August month end. Could even happen this week.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
My second submission is at week 19 as of today
@MurrayC - but, your TAT’s are subject to the US /Canada exchange rates. 😉
Post 804 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

Anyway, the other point is sure, there could be a monster submission(s) that further gum up, but other things could crop up to disrupt what consistency they are seeming to have in catching up with the dashboard, billing, and comms. Could be that some people get sick, a slew of orders need billing clarification or something, etc.

But if I were to bet, as long as no new major incidents occur, I would not be surprised if you saw some dashboard movements or billing before August month end. Could even happen this week.

Thanks @scifinator. Like lots of newbies to the process, this also is my first submission and hopefully I will be better informed after this learning experience.
Post 805 IP   flag post

@Bobashek - no problem. Who knows, maybe things are back to normal by the rime you send in next order.

I tsunami’d CBCS back in july 2019 with a submissions totaling over 3,000, of with 2/3 was for press. It help gum up the works for a bit but in the 4th qtr before the pandemic hit, the dashboard was working like a well oiled machine.
Post 806 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I tsunami’d CBCS back in july 2019 with a submissions totaling over 3,000, of with 2/3 was for press. It help gum up the works for a bit but in the 4th qtr before the pandemic hit, the dashboard was working like a well oiled machine.

I wonder if CBCS should, if they don't currently, have a consumer stream and a business stream. Seems like that would open the process up to faster throughput for shleps like me who send in eight comics.
Post 807 IP   flag post
Collector jsrtt private msg quote post Address this user
Sitting on "Labels" around 8 weeks. Today marks week 17 if they were truly received the Wednesday after the convention I submitted them at. I just want my babies home....
Post 808 IP   flag post
@Caffeine_Kid - Well, with large submissions like the one I did back then, the actually do backburner them to a degree. In essence, they will break it down and integrate x amount at the time. In actuality, on the straight grading orders, they had a guaranteed TAT promo going on and they actually met those 5 or 6 week guarantees for their customers, even with my submissions intermingled. There was no such guarantee for the press orders, and pressing isn't really something you can throw man-hours at, so that is were I bogged them down. But again, when one submits several hundred or several thousand comics, that persons TAT's are beyond that of normal submitters so as to lessen the impact on everyones tats
Post 809 IP   flag post
First order went into processing (and subsequently charged). Here we go!
Post 810 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
First order went into processing (and subsequently charged). Here we go!
better strap in and hang on tight, your in for one hel of a ride. now hold on........
Post 811 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator thanks for that explanation. I appreciate you taking the time.

Guaranteed TAT time promo. Those were the good old days.
Post 812 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this will make anyone feel any better, but it should put things in perspective:
The company that I sell projects for is in the Home Improvement industry. Our major supplier just gave us another 10% price increase on key products...it is the 5th price increase in the last 14 months. Not only have our TAT's grown from a normal of 5 weeks to a new high of 13 weeks...but our project prices are honestly 65% higher than they were 14 months ago when the Covid lockdown lifted.
Post 813 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks @scifinator. Like lots of newbies to the process, this also is my first submission and hopefully I will be better informed after this learning experience.

Awesome job! 1st submission to "The Best" comic book grading folks in the biz....
If you are not aware, (as some newbies) that the president and founder of CBCS (Steve Borock), also the Head Grader here at CBCS was also at one point the president & head grader at CGC (which made CGC great - at that time). Steve was also the head grader at Heritage auctions for a while. No other grader has his tenure in the comic book hobby/business.

Point here is that we here at CBCS are in the best hands for having our books graded "ACCURATELY".
Not to mention for 16.00 vs. 22.00 grading fees. And 9.00 vs. 15.00 fast pass fees. (CBCS vs. CGC).
It's a no brainer to grade comic books with CBCS.....
Post 814 IP   flag post
Collector Brockstar84 private msg quote post Address this user
@jsrtt I am sitting at almost 15 weeks and they still have not even showed received in the system. I am not hopeful about the 17 week turn around.
Post 815 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the CBCS email that the Dell'Otto special in-house signing is all graded (for those of you that submitted books for the Dell'Otto signing). This dates back to late 2020 so this is a good thing.
Post 816 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Kidhuman,

Your following CBCS submissions are ready to be shipped:

21-11AA504-CN
21-11AA504-MD

Just received this email. I mailed them on 3/29 and they were received on 4/2. It wasnt fast tracked. So this should give some people a timeline of their orders hopefully. About 5 months beginning to end. I know if later it could change timeframes, bit this is an estimate. Also my first slabs ever, so I am giddy to get them back. It was the first three parts of the Kravens Final hunt series.
Post 817 IP   flag post
My pressing order shows "peocessing" on both my dashboard and the invoice but my standard slab order shows processing on the dashboard but still Submitted on the invoice.

Realistically, is one going to be more accurate over the other?
Post 818 IP   flag post
Collector illgase private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman
Dear Kidhuman,

21-11AA504-CN
21-11AA504-MD

Just received this email. I mailed them on 3/29 and they were received on 4/2. It wasnt fast tracked. So this should give some people a timeline of their orders hopefully. About 5 months beginning to end. I know if later it could change timeframes, bit this is an estimate. Also my first slabs ever, so I am giddy to get them back. It was the first three parts of the Kravens Final hunt series.
Post 819 IP   flag post
Nice mine were submitted same day
Post 820 IP   flag post
Quote:
My pressing order shows "peocessing" on both my dashboard and the invoice but my standard slab order shows processing on the dashboard but still Submitted on the invoice.

@Bobashek - invoices don’t always get updated right away and often don’t match to dashboard. Sometimes it does, but not always. Congrats on the updates.
Post 821 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by illgase
Quote:
Dear Kidhuman,

21-11AA504-CN
21-11AA504-MD

@kidhuman - have you looked at the grades yet? Or, are you going to wait to open the box?
Post 822 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

@Bobashek - invoices don’t always get updated right away and often don’t match to dashboard. Sometimes it does, but not always. Congrats on the updates.

That is what I get for using my phone to write on the forum. Peocessing? Geez...Proofread McFly, Proofread...LOL
Post 823 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dear Kidhuman,

21-11AA504-CN
21-11AA504-MD

@kidhuman - have you looked at the grades yet? Or, are you going to wait to open the box?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dear Kidhuman,

21-11AA504-CN
21-11AA504-MD

I had pressed, cleaned and submitted by third party and asked not to know grades.
Post 824 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure mine will be out of labels by Halloween lmao
Post 825 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
I'm sure mine will be out of labels by Halloween lmao

Hey, you're an optimist! Nice! 🍻 🤣
Post 826 IP   flag post
@GAC that's why I'm forum mascot, just keeping it real lmao 🤣🤣🤣
Post 827 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@GAC that's why I'm forum mascot, just keeping it real lmao 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers brother!! keep on keepin' on! 🍻
Post 828 IP   flag post
@GAC same.dude!!!🍺🍺🍺
Post 829 IP   flag post
I'm thinking sometime.next month , maybe middle September. 🤞
Post 830 IP   flag post
601256 999 30